Closed Thread
Page 61 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    They have been paid a donor fee. All egg donors from South Africa are paid. You should look at the fine print and laws regulating egg donation in Australia. If you paid an agency they are paid which is illegal. VARTA can help you as there is no regulatory body in Queensland which is why people travel from all over Australia to Queensland for donor treatment.

Unfortunately most egg donor sites in Australia are set up by donors and run by donors and have no moderators. You are required to lose all privacy and invest in hope but at the end of the day they choose who deserves eggs- which was not something I had yime for.

QFG only have a financial interest and will claim zero responsibility as they have not sourced the donor. I read the ABC transcript with Dr Molloy. He is not a silly man and was my doctor in Brisbane. The relationship is between you and the agency/donors and therefore your responsibility to fall within the legal parameters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    To clarify

You DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A KNOWN EGG DONOR to do a cycle in Australia. There are anonymous donors and they can choose to have no contact after your child is 18 (part of donor counselling which I did for sperm donation in QLD).

ALL SOUTH AFRICAN DONORS ARE ALTRUISTIC- they are not forced to donate against their will.

BUT THEY ARE PAID VIA AN AGENCY- which is illegal. Egg donors in Australia often request additional financial support/gifts which is below board and not accounted for and part of my major gripe. It is unregulated here and that is why this large egg donation org in Australia is not happy about ladies cycling overseas and now donors coming here.

Personally I don't care but it is not right what goes on here. I'm guessing QFG almost pushing the point to get more focus for choice for people as there is very limited choice here in Australia with this group pulling all the strings. It is not an easy situation but if you feel it is right and you are ready to take it all on then take a deep breath and do it.

I am hoping in time things can change a lot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Far out
    Last edited by emski72; 03-04-2016 at 08:51.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (04-04-2016),midnite01  (03-04-2016),stacey10  (03-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #12

my Aus donor was anonymous but you just don't hear of it because very few places will organise it for you - most have to find their own donor. I was lucky my old clinic had an egg donor register

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,
    Not feeling better, still teary eyed and sad, wondering how long it will take to get back to normal.
    Researching next options and am at a dilemma, torn between going back to CFC for a fresh cycle or go with a new agency in the states, Shady grove.
    Shady grove has an assured program/money back guarantee.
    $60,000 for one couple/family, $44,000 if the eggs are shared between 2 couples/family, and $35,000 for three couples/families.
    What would you do?
    Do not have the money for Shady grove, can try and afford CFC again, but what if the same thing happens?
    please I need your help/suggestions/advice.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KMP
    ALL SOUTH AFRICAN DONORS ARE ALTRUISTIC- they are not forced to donate against their will.
    BUT THEY ARE PAID VIA AN AGENCY- which is illegal.

As I am in the middle of going through profiles from all the agencies and in contact with Cyndi and Dr Wiswedel. I have been re-reading all the documents from the clinic and the agencies and nowhere in their paperwork does it state that agencies pay the donors, it is the clinic that pays the donors for what they do.

This is straight off my schedule of fees from CFC

Donor fee is for the compensation paid to the egg donor. Payment of donors is
    regulated in South Africa by the National Health Act and may only be paid to the donor via the accredited fertility clinic. The donor receives an amount of R7000 from CFC on the day of her egg retrieval. The clinic pays R980 in VAT on this amount plus bank charges of R100.

Also there guidelines are also very strict on this -

2008 GUIDELINES FOR GAMETE DONATION
    Published in (will submit to a local journal for publication once ready)
    The Policy Committee of the South African Society of Reproductive Science and
    Surgery.

Payment of oocyte donors
    Monetary compensation of the donor should reflect the time, inconvenience, financial costs to the donor – eg. travel, loss of income and childcare costs, physical and emotional demands and risks associated with oocyte donation and should be at a level that minimizes the possibility of undue inducement of donors and the suggestion that payment is for the oocytes themselves.
    The monetary compensation should not be predicted on the clinical outcome (no of oocytes or pregnancy outcome) but rather on fair compensation for the procedure of donating eggs.
    At the time of writing this guideline, it is the society’s opinion that monetary
    compensation for an oocyte donor should not exceed 5000 rand. Compensation amounts in excess of 10 000 rand should only be paid in exceptional circumstances.
    Donors should only receive financial compensation via fertility clinics and not receive any compensation directly from the recipients or other third parties.

AMENDMENT TO GAMETE DONATION GUIDELINES OF 2008

EGG DONOR COMPENSATION from the SASREG website.

Following a SASREG Committee meeting on the 22 November 2014, it was recommended that the SASREG Gamete Donation Guidelines of 2008 be updated to the following:
    Egg donors should not be compensated more than R7000.00 per procedure
    from the 1 January 2015.
    The previous guideline from 2008 stated that the egg donor should not be compensated more than R 5000.00.

This is also from SASREG
    1. Financial transactions:
      1. No financial transaction can occur between the egg donor and the agency. Only the fertility clinic can reimburse the donor.
      2. No financial transaction is allowed between a fertility clinic and an agency: referral fees or kickbacks are not allowed.
      3. An egg donation agency can charge the recipient couple an administrative fee for matching of the egg donor.

I don't know which agency you used but if they paid the donor then they should be reported, the rules are what they are.

Australia is very far off legal with the experiences my friends have had. The most one was asked for as payment for eggs was $18,000 on top of all medical expenses covered, not to mention all the other things demanded. She was given the flick.

Australian Legislation for egg, sperm and embryo donation

It is illegal in Australia to sell sperm or eggs (or any human tissue). Unfortunately, couples desperate for a child have been known to fall victim to unscrupulous people offering to sell eggs. While it is considered normal for recipients to cover their donor's expenses, if anyone you approach to be a donor asks for payment beyond expenses, they should be avoided.

Really I don't think they get reimbursed enough for what they go through in South Africa but with it being regulated it's not about the money. Unlike here in Australia, egg donors doing it for the right reasons in my friends experience are few and far between.
    Last edited by babywish313; 03-04-2016 at 11:11.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babywish313 For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (03-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mummy2016 as I'm new to this the other ladies will probably be better to advise but this is my thoughts. Have you been in contact with Dr M in regards to your cycle as to why your donor had a poor response? Is Dr M able to offer you some advice on choosing a new donor and what to include in your search.

I have just asked a load of questions in regards to proven and non proven, if they're proven - how did their cycles go, how many eggs and how many births have they had from their donations. Non proven was - are they new to the agency if not then it was about how many cycles have they done, how did they respond, how many eggs did they produce (every cycle will be different).

Shady grove has an assured program/money back guarantee. I tried to have a read but firefox wont let me onto their site it keeps coming up red and shutting it down. The only things I could read on them was peoples experience with them and there wasn't alot of positive things. Do your research and be 100% positive about them, others I have noticed used Dominion Fertility I don't no if they are in your location.

What I have learnt since trying (last 4yrs) for a sibling for my child is there is no right way or wrong way to get there, just do lots of research, ask lots of questions and make sure your absolutely 100% at ease with your decision. Everyone can offer all the advice under the sun but in the end you have to be sure it is right for you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babywish313 For This Useful Post:

mummy2016  (04-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you babywish313 for your very sensible response to a rather bewildering post. Also the comments made concerning the egg donors travelling to Australia are pretty insensitive to those who have chosen to go that route. It sounds to me like the potential recipients involved have researched the legalities of it themselves and inflammatory comments are not helpful. Best wishes to all those involved - I hope your egg donor cycles go smoothly.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KerryS For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (03-04-2016),Gen72  (04-04-2016),MamaKes  (03-04-2016),Maxwellsmum  (03-04-2016),midnite01  (03-04-2016),Miss Sagi  (03-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    It wouldn't be the first time it's occurred @KerryS , many insensitive things have been said by KMP ...
    Last edited by emski72; 03-04-2016 at 13:24.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

babywish313  (03-04-2016),KerryS  (03-04-2016),MamaKes  (03-04-2016),midnite01  (03-04-2016),Miss Sagi  (03-04-2016),Sunnygirl04  (03-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you ladies, I follow along on here as I was considering going to SA last year and I love reading about your journeys for those who have had success and for those who are still getting there but instead I chose to go through travelling donors as for a variety of reasons it just appealed to me.

Adding that the main reason it appealed to me is Wazza is my doctor and I have absolute complete total trust in him and I was really relieved to be able to stay with him and have him manage my donor cycle.

The program is quite thorough and has been months in the planning we actually sign contracts with our donors and have a fair bit of contact with our donors prior to their arrival here. I have skyped and emailed my donor many times.

I really wasn't going to comment on this but felt the need to just to say that I am also in contact with a few other recipients who are doing the travelling donor with me and I think at this time @KMP it is best to keep insensitive comments or criticisms about the program to yourself as we are all cycling at the moment and as you can understand it is quite a stressful time for us in that each day brings potential new news and at best we are all just hoping it will go as smoothly as possible for us and for our lovely donors.

I also wanted to add @mummy2016 I don't have any advice but I wanted to give you a hug and share a quote that we use on the over 40's thread."Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.”

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

arall  (03-04-2016),babywish313  (03-04-2016),ECM1981  (03-04-2016),Gen72  (04-04-2016),MamaKes  (03-04-2016),Miss Sagi  (03-04-2016)