Closed Thread
Page 58 of 102 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KMP View Post
    So cute but so lucky they can fit into a Bumbo. That thing is a dust collector here. Michelin man thighs on my daughter means screaming & trying to get her out ASAP. Shame because I thought it would be handy.
    Yes, i have to squish DS's legs in!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

KMP  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KLM0511 View Post
    Hi Tittle!! No way, 11 months already?? Great news you are going over again. My little girl is 5 months on Sunday! I really can't believe where that time went!
    @Luca ... Enjoy your trip and hope you come back with some additional precious cargo. 😊
    @blinky and @Miss Sagi - adorable pics of your twins. How is it going? Bet they keep you busy 😀.
    Life has been interesting. You find unconvential ways to look after them both at the same time by yourself, especially when DD just screamed for the first 4mths of her life! The one blessing I have and I'd say the best (for my sanity) is they both sleep at night from 7pm to 7am since 3mths of age. DS will wake every now and then for a feed but its rare.

Good to see so many going back for number 2. I've given myself this year to consider if I can handle another.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (31-03-2016),Rhino  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KMP View Post
    @Miss Sagi my dd looks just like me too. It's so weird. My grandma got the photo album out especially- bless her heart (she has no idea).

I would really love to do a PhD on donor conceived children vs biologic parents etc. There are so many twin studies but epigenetics could be investigated this way. So exciting.

Egg Donor Angels Australia parents of children conceived by egg donation in SA has also been started to try and identify donor siblings.

The clinic told me that I am the only successful person from my donor and I got all high quality embryos (but both donors). They told me how upset the donors get when cycles fail- poor things. They go through so much.

I've had my bloods drawn but scan and doctor follow up Fri April 1- nervous but happy. No phone call from the doctor must mean good news. Best wishes to everyone heading over. Such a gorgeous place.

We went to Shamwari near Port Elizabeth for safari. The Riverdene Lodge is family lodge with only 9 rooms and has swings, grassed lawns and a pool and the most wonderful babysitting. Even the chef came to say goodbye to DD. About $62 Aus for babysitting four 3 hour game drives over 2 days. They have a room almost like a childcare centre which is fabulous. Worth flying over then enjoying the beautiful drive back if you have the time. I drove acroos inland then back along the coast. Totally amazing holiday.
    KMP, look at that happy face! She definitely does look like you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loving the baby pics girls - just gorgeous.

My bubba is the spitting image of my hubby but is now starting to look like me. Our donor looked like me as a little girl so interesting to see how bub grows into a little girl.

Thanks for well wishes - we fly out tomorrow.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (12-04-2016),Miss Sagi  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Miss Sagi: found the thread. Gorgeous babies. hahah...the bumbo seat. We have the same problem. Luckily we didn't buy one. We got to try it out from a friend. We ended up with ingenuity seat which I highly recommend. It has a wider leg room for Michelin baby. It can be used as booster in the future as well. Anyway, I find it interesting about the resemblance. DS doesn't look like anyone. He got DH color. That's it. I don't think he looks like the donor either. We saw a toddler photo. At some stage, he did look like me when he smiled. People who dot know obviously think he looks more like DH.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @MissSagi thanks for the link, all these dc kids that look like their mums!!! Amazing, can't wait to meet my little guy.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (01-04-2016),JulieMalooley  (31-03-2016),Miss Sagi  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    I was chatting with one of the gorgeous BH girls yesterday about the possibility of her donating her remaining precious embryos to me. I rang CFC and they confirmed that her ED had reached her family limit of 6 babies. This of course meant that her embryos could no longer be donated to another woman.
    I also asked about the formalities when donating embryos and was told that "we would require signed consent forms indicating the couples intent to donate their embryos to you". So that bit sounds easy enough.
    I hope sharing this info helps some-one else in the future.

(And thank-you from the very bottom my heart to the super kind and thoughtful BHer who contacted me re her embryos. )
    Oh No! DH and I were only talking last week what we would do with our unused embryos and we had decided we would give them to someone else. When I used my donor this time round I was told it was her last donation. Tahli, going by what you've been told it means our embryos are forever destined to the freezer

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Luca CFC would love single transfer. Dr Matabese was telling me how many complaints they get from doctors in Oz but as she says the patients ask for it.

Ends up with complicated pregnancy. Dr Matabese has always said to me the embryos are high quality and she is happy with one- and so am I.

Thanks
    Reviews
    6 babies is far more difficult to monitor than 6 family groups. Madness. You could have embryos and not be able to use them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had thought maybe 3 kids but now time may not be on my side. 😩