Closed Thread
Page 55 of 102 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @ECM1981 I sent you a pm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @ECM1981 protocol ?! Lol I have no tact... Yes it is a little weird and to be honest I like the anonymity of the whole CT thing.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (29-03-2016),Miss Sagi  (29-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you feeling @Tahli?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    @ECM1981 protocol ?! Lol I have no tact... Yes it is a little weird and to be honest I like the anonymity of the whole CT thing.
    Originally i loved the anonymity of it too but lately i have been feeling guilty about my future babies not knowing their background. Originally i was nervous of a known donor incase they wantes to be too involved in the babies lives but now i dont know! But i think having a known donor sibling would be nice. I like tahli thinking of using the same donor as someone else. Im very excited to hear when you have your bubs julie! You were one of the first women i started 'following' and messaging first ☺

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (29-03-2016),Tahli  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thats exactly why I haven't said anything, as I went over there for anonymity as I didn't want the donor in our lives from day 1, but I think you are right, donor siblings are different.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (29-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (29-03-2016),princessrory  (29-03-2016),Tahli  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Originally i loved the anonymity of it too but lately i have been feeling guilty about my future babies not knowing their background. Originally i was nervous of a known donor incase they wantes to be too involved in the babies lives but now i dont know! But i think having a known donor sibling would be nice. I like tahli thinking of using the same donor as someone else. Im very excited to hear when you have your bubs julie! You were one of the first women i started 'following' and messaging first ☺
    Yes it's weird knowing we finally got there but yet it's still not feeling real. We are going through all the motions and preparations but I don't think anything can prepare us for the shock it's going to be. It would be nice to know of half siblings but strange too as I'm uncomfortable with nearly everyone in my life knowing about the donor egg thing probably because it still makes me feel less 'like a woman' for want of better words. But it's out there so I just need to move on. The few people who kept bringing it up EVERY time we got together (FIL and an adult niece) have finally been shut down once and for all and should be clear now that it's not a topic of conversation. Ffs just let them be 'my' babies and shut the hell up about how they became 'my' babies. Thanks for following @ECM1981 - you make me feel like a celebrity lol

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (29-03-2016),Tahli  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    Thats exactly why I haven't said anything, as I went over there for anonymity as I didn't want the donor in our lives from day 1, but I think you are right, donor siblings are different.
    Same

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JulieMalooley i cant believe some people! I have slowly told my girlfriends of the fact we are using a donor and they have so far been ok. My mum says weird things sometimes and still doesnt quite get it, she keeps saying ooh can you use my eggs? Um no mum, your 64, you had infertility, and your my MUM!!! Haha god! But we have not told my husbands family yet. Im afraid of how they will react. Strong catholic family in Ireland. But my sister in law is having a baby in June, the same time we do our next cycle in CT. Im sure we will need to explain why we chose to go to SA for another 'safari' instead of flying to ireland to visit the new baby. I wish they knew how hard we were trying and how much we were spending! I guess they will find out soon. It is going to be hard to be super happy about a new baby when we will be going through the 2ww! Yes you are a celebrity Julie! Wow the feelings you will get holding your bubs!! Amazing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    Agreed. That's why there's a few of us now trying to use the same donor, so our little poppets can trace their half siblings should they chose to.
    Thanks for asking how my Tubal Patency went yesterday girls. All healthy which is great of course, but doesn't give me any answers as to why my embryos are implanting, producing hcg, then stopping at 13dpo. Frustrating.
    So it'll be onwards and upwards with a new ED and see if that makes a difference.
    It wasn't me was it @Miss Sagi? I'd want to know!
    Last edited by Tahli; 30-03-2016 at 08:20.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (30-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    @JulieMalooley i cant believe some people! I have slowly told my girlfriends of the fact we are using a donor and they have so far been ok. My mum says weird things sometimes and still doesnt quite get it, she keeps saying ooh can you use my eggs? Um no mum, your 64, you had infertility, and your my MUM!!! Haha god! But we have not told my husbands family yet. Im afraid of how they will react. Strong catholic family in Ireland. But my sister in law is having a baby in June, the same time we do our next cycle in CT. Im sure we will need to explain why we chose to go to SA for another 'safari' instead of flying to ireland to visit the new baby. I wish they knew how hard we were trying and how much we were spending! I guess they will find out soon. It is going to be hard to be super happy about a new baby when we will be going through the 2ww! Yes you are a celebrity Julie! Wow the feelings you will get holding your bubs!! Amazing!
    Good news @Tahli, but jeez, an actual answer would be nice !! @ECM1981 lol some people just don't get it. Do you have to tell your husbands family at all? Can't you sneak over to CT somehow - would they know you were gone?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (30-03-2016)