Closed Thread
Page 54 of 102 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Summary for AMH but reading journals where AMH was tested in donors there was a huge variation and did not always relate to outcome.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KMP View Post
    Hi

I spoke to my donor agency rep while in Cape Town and she was horrified by Australian donors and explained how specific doctors are for who they want for their patients. The doctors in SA actually ask the ahencies to hand pick what they want. If the donors aren't top notch from looks etc and scan of eggs pre donation then they aren't even considered for donation and in fact are counselled regarding their own fertility if the initial consultation is poor. I just wanted to put forth that their system is very regulated. AMH has absolutely no bearing on egg quality so I get confused time and again when people are spending extra money for this test.

With respect to weaning, yes you have to have your period back to normal before you can start. I stopped feeding in November for my transfer in March. I needed to see it come back with no hiccups to my plans. Weaning for me was through necessity and my daughter loved it but she was way too clever for me. By 6 weeks of mixed feeding she started refusing the bottle demanding breast, which would not always be possible, so to stop confusion we moved to formula/bottle but I kept expressing for a month to get some milk into the freezer.

I booked everything before I stopped breadt feeding- they send you all that information anyway. I will probably feed the next baby for longer as I can. I wanted to go again quickly so that is why I had to wean her early- and there were a few times when I forgot teats so had to cross fingers boobs still had enough. It all works out in the end.
    I agree that AMH has no bearing on egg quality but egg numbers are important too. When we chose our first donor we requested AMH be done and she was found to have a very low AMH. The team at CFC advised that they expected she'd get no more than 4 eggs and advised us not to go ahead with her.

Now, for her personally, of course there are probably some good eggs amongst the small number and it's totally worth going ahead with IVF for herself if she needs to. For us, coming from the other side of the world to use someone else's eggs the risk of not getting a good one amongst those 4 is just way too high. In my opinion, well worth spending that small amount of money to have the test done.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (28-03-2016),Tahli  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Yeah I agree AMH is important in regard to estimated egg numbers and egg quality and the donor agencies don't test for this on new donors, there is no way I'd be using a new unproven donor without doing a $70 test before hand. High AMH can also correlate with PCOS and low egg quality so again, for me $70 is worth it. My unproven donor hadn't had her AMH done by the agency at all.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had the AMH test done on our donor too. Personally I did want someone with a high AMH (and hence "in general having more eggs for IVF gives a higher success rate"). It made me feel more confident going into the cycle. If I was using a new donor I would get it done again.

So we are off for Project Sibling on Friday. It's come around pretty quick but we are ready. Nervous & excited at the same time. Our 10 month old has just started walking & of course wants to walk everywhere now so the plane trip should be interesting!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (28-03-2016),midnite01  (28-03-2016),Tahli  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck Luca - wishing you all the best xo

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Luca  (28-03-2016),Tahli  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @Luca! I'll have everything crossed for you!!
    Thank-you for sharing your egg donor's details with me gorgeous ladies. Also a huge thank-you to the two wonderfully kind women who discussed their remaining embryos with me. You're all amazing!!
    Unfortunately nothing has quite panned out so far so I have made an initial inquiry about an unproven 18 year old ED, hence the question about AMH testing. I'd planned on using an ED who had produced at least 6 quality blasts on her last cycle and had a pregnancy/birth in her recipients history. The polar opposite to the ED I've just inquired about. I like the idea of 18 year old eggs!!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (28-03-2016),Luca  (28-03-2016),midnite01  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hoping it all works out for you @Tahli. Xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (28-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've found out that my donor has had another successful singleton pregnancy since our twin pregnancy - wondering if it's anyone on here.... I guess they would have to be somewhere between 8-20 weeks pregnant .... anyone think it might be them
    Really, I'm not overly concerned about finding out - would just be interested.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (29-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not me unfortunately juliemalooley but i am warming to the idea of putting feelers out to see if the girl who donates for me has donated for anyone else on here! Wasnt too sure on the protocol or privacy issues in asking. My donor is cycling in April at CFC. Would be cool if you found out Julie, good luck @Tahli have been reading the other thread, well done on today hope you are feeling well now. @Luca good luck with your upcoming cycle!
    I am still waiting on results from my donors CF test but fingers crossed all is ok. Am off to sydney again for my final LIT treatment next weekend. Trying to remain positive!!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (29-03-2016),Tahli  (29-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Julie, I'm pretty sure I've used the same egg donor as someone else on this forum. Knowing just by timing of posts and information we all share. It took me by surprise and I actually freaked out a little, like hitting you in the face that your donor isn't exclusively yours...it felt weird, but I'm over it know and think its great that there are other parts of my donor in Australia. I haven't said anything to the bubhubber as they may not want to know.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (29-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (29-03-2016)