Closed Thread
Page 53 of 102 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @cjocoh71 hi thanks I think I am a week behind you. Due 15 August but will have Cesar before then. I'm 20 weeks on Monday and having the big scan on Wednesday. Getting anxious as it feels so long between scans! Am getting huge though so feel that's a good sign. Hope you're going OK!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (25-03-2016),ECM1981  (25-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kylie764 View Post
    Hey @Blinky76 ... I too have had a reaction to Gestone. I stopped injecting Gestone after my BFN ... over 3 weeks ago.. however a lump on each butt cheek has appeared...which are red and itchy. Seemed to peak in itchiness and brightness about a week ago. Was this similar to your reaction and what action did you take? I want to plan my next move.. my one and only frostie to transfer...but dont want to if this is likely to hang around for a while. I would like to transfer asap... so hoping the lump doesnt hang around for months.

Your advice or advice for anyone else would be great.
    Kylie - yep I got welt type lumps that were sort of hard and incredibly itchy. I contacted CFC to ask about it and they said it happens sometimes (but rarely). The only suggestion was to heat with a heat pack and rub arnica oil into the site. This did help but it did take quite a few weeks for it to dissipate.
    The second time I used it I didn't get the reaction at all (and I used it for much longer)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    If any-one would like to suggest their egg donor please feel free to!!
    Tahli before I send you a suggestion - do you have any specific criteria for your donor?
    (Physical appearance/ medical history etc).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (25-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've just replied to your email @Lolly99, thanks heaps. Good luck for your scan on Wednesday.
    @Blinky76 Preferrably a fair donor as both my young son and I are blue-eyed blondes. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls, for those of you who had their donors AMH checked how much did is cost and how long did it take to get the results?
    @MamaKes Did you have your young unproven donor's AMH checked? If so, at what stage did you do this...before you paid about $1.5k to the ED agency?
    Last edited by Tahli; 26-03-2016 at 17:20.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (27-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just replied to your email @Lolly99, thanks heaps. Good luck for your scan on Wednesday.
    @Blinky76 Preferrably a fair donor as both my young son and I are blue-eyed blondes. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
    @Tahli I have PM'd you ...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (25-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #12

Girls, for those of you who had their donors AMH checked how much did is cost and how long did it take to get the results?
    @MamaKes Did you have your young unproven donor's AMH checked? If so, at what stage did you do this...before you paid about $1.5k to the ED agency?
    @Tahli it was about $120 or around that and maybe a week? I can't remember when I had to pay it though...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tittle View Post
    Blinky is still here! And January is still posting too....
    Our little boy is now 11 months old and we have just booked in for FET in Capetown. We will be there 27 May to 2 June. Will anyone else be around at that time?

Did anyone else have to wean in a hurry to do another round.....? I am really trying to wean...it has to be done soon...but I really enjoy breastfeeding so I am my own worst enemy....any tips?
    Hi Tittle
    I am hoping to do a FET when our little girl is 6 or 7 months and I have wondered the same thing about weaning and when I should do it. I'm presuming I wouldn't get my period until I've stopped breastfeeding and I have to wait until then before I can look at booking in the FET. Have you booked in your dates without having your period back? I wondered how long it will take for my body to get back to normal

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli yes it was checked before we spent any money however we're going with a South African donor who's flying here to Brisbane to donate to us via Known Egg Donors. Her AMH was good, at 1.69 on the SA scale.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I spoke to my donor agency rep while in Cape Town and she was horrified by Australian donors and explained how specific doctors are for who they want for their patients. The doctors in SA actually ask the ahencies to hand pick what they want. If the donors aren't top notch from looks etc and scan of eggs pre donation then they aren't even considered for donation and in fact are counselled regarding their own fertility if the initial consultation is poor. I just wanted to put forth that their system is very regulated. AMH has absolutely no bearing on egg quality so I get confused time and again when people are spending extra money for this test.

With respect to weaning, yes you have to have your period back to normal before you can start. I stopped feeding in November for my transfer in March. I needed to see it come back with no hiccups to my plans. Weaning for me was through necessity and my daughter loved it but she was way too clever for me. By 6 weeks of mixed feeding she started refusing the bottle demanding breast, which would not always be possible, so to stop confusion we moved to formula/bottle but I kept expressing for a month to get some milk into the freezer.

I booked everything before I stopped breadt feeding- they send you all that information anyway. I will probably feed the next baby for longer as I can. I wanted to go again quickly so that is why I had to wean her early- and there were a few times when I forgot teats so had to cross fingers boobs still had enough. It all works out in the end.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

Lisaxxx  (28-03-2016)