Closed Thread
Page 52 of 102 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @Blinky76 ... I too have had a reaction to Gestone. I stopped injecting Gestone after my BFN ... over 3 weeks ago.. however a lump on each butt cheek has appeared...which are red and itchy. Seemed to peak in itchiness and brightness about a week ago. Was this similar to your reaction and what action did you take? I want to plan my next move.. my one and only frostie to transfer...but dont want to if this is likely to hang around for a while. I would like to transfer asap... so hoping the lump doesnt hang around for months.

Your advice or advice for anyone else would be great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kylie764 View Post
    Hey @Blinky76 ... I too have had a reaction to Gestone. I stopped injecting Gestone after my BFN ... over 3 weeks ago.. however a lump on each butt cheek has appeared...which are red and itchy. Seemed to peak in itchiness and brightness about a week ago. Was this similar to your reaction and what action did you take? I want to plan my next move.. my one and only frostie to transfer...but dont want to if this is likely to hang around for a while. I would like to transfer asap... so hoping the lump doesnt hang around for months.

Your advice or advice for anyone else would be great.
    Hey @kylie764 I had that after gestone too the first cycle I used it. It flared up like that one day when I scratched the area and stayed that way for 6-8 weeks I reckon even tho I was very careful not to touch it again. I had very hard lumps on either side but no redness I don't think. Next cycle I raised my concerns with my ob and he said yes that will be the histamines and if it happens again to use antihistamines such as phenergan or similar but I never rubbed it the next time and never had a problem.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (25-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you still around @Jennski? I'd love to ask you a question. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for thinking of me @MamaKes. It's very kind of you. Are her embryos in CT? (I've just sent you a PM)
    @ECM1981 I'm really really struggling. AF arrived today so it's only to be expected I guess. At this stage I'm not having much luck sourcing a new egg donor. Like you mentioned earlier, I'm not getting very good suggestions from the ED clinics themselves and my CFC nurse is away for another week on leave.
    If any-one would like to suggest their egg donor please feel free to!!
    Last edited by Tahli; 25-03-2016 at 09:58.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy to suggest mine tahli. However she is not a huge producer of eggs. We got 7 at epu 6 matured and only 5 fertilized. Transferred two and three on ice. Dr Matab said quality was perfect textbook, but with mine and her two previous donations quantity was small. I was fine with it but I know some girls are after numbers as well. I know she had a pregnancy with one family and another miscarried.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (25-03-2016),Tahli  (25-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli i totally understand how you feel about getting AF. Its always a mean reminder that it didnt work again. I always get sad, and angry every month and its worse after a transfer. It is a difficult process when looking second time around and it will take you longer because the stakes are way higher in a way. My first donor made good blast for me and we had 7 on ice after a double transfer but i never fell pregnant. She apparently had other donor pregnancys tho, she may be at her limit but i can give her details to you if you want. Blonde very cute and from giftovlife. Did you email Kimenthra? She had the best info about quality of donors. Big hugs, hope you get some rest and peace this weekend and maybe an Easter egg hunt? Xxx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (25-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kylie764 i had a reaction every time to the injections. The first time by week two it was red, painfull and hard to walk like i had been corked in the butt. The second time the same thing but worse and ended up going to the hospital for dr opinion and they switched me to pessaries. The third time i didnt even try with the injections and used crinone. For my 4th try i think i will use pessaries again and just keep popping them in like an addict haha! You get best blood results with the injection but for me the reaction makes it not worth it and Dr M thinks its my body reacting which is not good for a transfer. When I used the pessaries on try 3 i swear i had 2 distinct implantation "feels" that i had never had before, but unfortunately it didnt continue.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #12

@ Tahli - I've just sent you a reply re: egg donor option follow-up.
    @kylie764 - I used the Gestone in my most recent cycle and hated it, although I'm inclined to believe it certainly helped contribute to success, particularly as a previous cycle I had used Crinone and resulted with a BFN (not that I believe this was the sole reason for success vs not). While I did not have large welts, I had significant swelling and excruciating pain that lasted almost entirely through my first trimester. The only marginal relief I had while administering the shots was to use ice to numb the area, immediately prior. Best of luck to you with this - it is hardly fun!
    @lolly - how are you doing? I think you're a week behind me and I'm hoping all is going well for you.
    Last edited by cjocoh71; 25-03-2016 at 14:49.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cjocoh71 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (25-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lolly99 I have just sent you a PM. Thank-you very much for offering to suggest your ED.
    @cjocoh71 I have replied to your lovely emails. Thanks heaps again. xx
    @ECM1981 I think the disadvantage of actually building up a decent lining this time around is that this AF is a shocker. And then yes, the emotional crash that comes with it is pretty terrible. I'll PM you re your ED. Yep, I emailed Kimenthra and Kinny only suggested one ED. One chocolate large Easter bunny down, oh no!! Thank goodness Woolies is closed or it could have been two!!! xx

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (25-03-2016),ECM1981  (25-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey tahli sent you message in bubhub but may have deleted instead of sent. Oops. Anyhoo I posted the info to you normal email. Hopefully. Let me know if I messed that up!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (25-03-2016)