Closed Thread
Page 51 of 102 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice reading this! We have decided to transfer 2 also....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tittle View Post
    Blinky is still here! And January is still posting too....
    Our little boy is now 11 months old and we have just booked in for FET in Capetown. We will be there 27 May to 2 June. Will anyone else be around at that time?

Did anyone else have to wean in a hurry to do another round.....? I am really trying to wean...it has to be done soon...but I really enjoy breastfeeding so I am my own worst enemy....any tips?
    🤗hi Mr & Mrs Tittle! Wow 11 months already where did that time go ...
    (I guess I shouldn't be surprised our babies are now almost 6 months old 😳)
    Yes I still read along (although don't always post ) DH and I are giving ourselves 12 months to decide if we will head back to SA for a FET. Twins have been a lot of hard work but also extremely rewarding. On the good days we want to head back asap.. On the harder days we think we might be done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tittle's. Welcome back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @Blinky76 KED is a Known Egg Donor...she is coming to Aus from South Africa we know who she is and our child/children can find out about her later.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (24-03-2016),MamaKes  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I ask if any ladies have had success with a totally unproven donor? I know we are taking a risk....

It's my donors' first time donating but with a good AMH and slim, super fit, and 21 years old - I don't know if that makes up for anything??? Nervous...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @MamaKes, I went with an unproven donor earlier this year and had a fantastic result. 14 eggs retrieved 9 fertilised and 8 blasts. 2 transferred and I am now 10 weeks and 1 day pregnant with a singleton. I have 6 frozen blasts - 4 great quality and 2 good quality. I must admit I was VERY nervous about going with an unproven donor but I just couldn't go past her as she was a really good physical match, and I am so grateful that my gamble has so far paid off. She was 28 and had a good AMH. The donor you have chosen sounds fantastic - I think her age is the key factor. I would probably choose a young unproven donor (assuming everything else checked out) over a proven donor n their 30s. Wishing you all the very best with your donor journey. FF xx
    Last edited by Felicity Fox; 24-03-2016 at 12:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    Can I ask if any ladies have had success with a totally unproven donor? I know we are taking a risk....

It's my donors' first time donating but with a good AMH and slim, super fit, and 21 years old - I don't know if that makes up for anything??? Nervous...
    Mamakes we happily tried an unproven donor for our first ED cycle. For us it wasn't a good result (13 eggs, 7 fertilised. 5 blasts. 2 Tx'd. None frozen and a BFN.)
    However for us we believe this was attributed to our MFI issues not the fact the donor was unproven.
    Your donor has some excellent stats and you should be confident that you will get a good result.
    Even with proven donors they can have an 'off' cycle that doesn't yield good results.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    All proven donors, were unproven once. I think if they're a good match for you and you've done all the investigations you possibly can into their potential for success....AMH etc then it's worth giving them a go.

Even with a proven donor, you can have a bad cycle and some of the criteria the agencies use for saying someone is proven is a bit dodgy in my opinion.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Lolly99  (24-03-2016),MamaKes  (24-03-2016),Offshorechick  (11-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli hon if you're interested please go and take a look at a post on Facebook... On Egg Donation Australia... Post by a lady called Nive Clarke. She is writing about wanting to donate her remaining 5 embryos on ice to someone after completing her family with the birth of her twin boys, now 5 months.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (25-03-2016),Tahli  (25-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those looking for a donor baby2mom has an app which is handy when searching. Once you have registered with baby2mom you can access it @Tahli do you have the app? How r u going? @SalSA2015 are you getting excited? Xx
    Goodluck to all where ever you are in your quest and have a safe and happy easter ☺ xx

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

mummy2016  (25-03-2016),SalSA2015  (25-03-2016),Tahli  (25-03-2016)