Closed Thread
Page 48 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Luca Thank-you for both your kind words and your offer to keep me in mind. You're very thoughtful! Would you recommend your egg donor? Completely feel free to ignore answering this if it's an uncomfortable question. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolly99 View Post
    @ECM1981 you prove those biatches wrong and make sure they organise a huge baby shower for you when it's your turn! I like yours and @Tahlis strength and resilience. You both don't stay down for long! Can't wait for you guys to get your BFP!
    @Lolly99 I feel like we need to be listening to "Eye of the Tiger" while reading your post!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (22-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Tahli, I am not sure, but remember reading somewhere and they talked about the Dr helping to chose a proven successful donor.
    I am looking at doing a fresh cycle, since we do not have any frozen embryos.
    Please let me know what the fees are.
    What helps with the disappointment, heartache and hurt?
    Hugs....

QUOTE=Tahli;8436186]@mummy2016 Are you looking at doing a completely fresh donor cycle at CFC with a young proven donor? I'm not sure if the Dr can choose some-one for you...would you not like to choose your own donor? If you don't want to choose yourself you could ask your Dr's nurse to make a recommendation of a young black donor who is wonderfully proven. I think the fees would be the same the second time. I'll let you know as I'm waiting for the new fees schedule. Big hugs, xx.[/QUOTE]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mummy2016 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (22-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blinky76 I think I've just done the kitchen sink cycle! I've never been on so much medication as this cycle. I got really sick on the 1000mg of Metformin and had to lower it to 500mgs a few days prior to transfer due to an hypoglycemic episode.
    LB is my FS here in Melb and I consulted with Dr Matthias for this cycle too. I had 2 months off prior and then LB did a hysteroscopy, D&C and endo scratch.
    The only thing I scrimped on was intralipids. I did my usual 200mls of intralipids but Dr M recommended 400mls, which would have meant flying up to Sydney to do. I have MTHFR and NK Cells which I'm on all the correct meds for.
    The very, very last thing I'm doing is an ouchy Tubal Patency next week to rule out Hydrasalpinx's.
    I think I've covered all my bases but feel free to suggest any-thing you think might help!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (22-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @cjocoh71 Yeah, I really thought I was in with a good chance too, esp after getting positive FRER's for 4.5 days. It's some-what doing my head in wondering it was my ED. She has helped 3 women get pregnant, then on her 4th donation all embryos arrested on day 4 which every-one put down to sperm quality, then there's my donation. So I just really don't know.
    Thanks so much for sharing your story. I remember all too well starting out the ED process and thinking it was magically going to work. I'd mentally set myself up for 3 transfers as a worse case scenario. IVF has a way of making naive fools of us some-times.
    Well done on having the strength to cut your loses with ED1 and move onto ED2. It must have been tough at the time. What a wise decision and super congrats on your precious babies!
    I'd love the details of both of your ED's, thanks truckloads! I appreciate the help. xx

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (22-03-2016),mummy2016  (22-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @Luca Thank-you for both your kind words and your offer to keep me in mind. You're very thoughtful! Would you recommend your egg donor? Completely feel free to ignore answering this if it's an uncomfortable question. xx
    I would totally recommend my egg donor but I know she got snapped up really quickly and got taken off after 5 goes. That was nearly 2 years ago. We have 12 frosties & going back for a FET next week.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (22-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She's reached her family limit..damn!! But great for the families of course!!! Super, massive, humongous good luck for your trip next week. What day is actual transfer day? Are you doing a single transfer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Lolly99 I feel like we need to be listening to "Eye of the Tiger" while reading your post!!
    Ha @Tahli! I'm trying to be inspiring and share your load. Seriously you are amazing. I feel like I fluked it in CT that it's all a dream. We seriously thought I would be going over on my own probably once or twice more. I'm still not convinced! Won't believe it till the three of us come home from the hospital in July and are safe in our arms.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (22-03-2016),ECM1981  (22-03-2016),Tahli  (22-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She's reached her family limit..damn!! But great for the families of course!!! Super, massive, humongous good luck for your trip next week. What day is actual transfer day? Are you doing a single transfer?
    Thanks @Tahli. 8th April is transfer day but we are going over a week early to have a bit of a holiday. Still have not 100% decided on how many to transfer but probably 2.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (22-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli and @mummy2016 I am so sorry for your BFN. Infertility is so hard. Kudos to you for thinking about the future.

My donor was young (21) and proven (3/4 pregnancies, then me, pregnant with a miscarriage). I had 21 follicles and 12 embryos. Although I chose her for looking like my niece, two of my criteria were under 25 and proven. I used EDSA (Kimenthra at CFC) and they seemed to know which were good donors.
    @mummy2016 Even with increased fees, I think CFC is about half the price of a donor cycle in Canada. The other positive is that CFC sees so many more patients and you have a much broader selection of donors. Cape Town was a no-brainer for me as it is legal in SA and the donors get compensated. Here the agencies seem to have much more financial benefit than the donors (and that irks me).

Also for those other Canucks, you can claim foreign medical expenses on your taxes. Check it out.

I am reading an interesting book called 'An Exact Replica of a Figment of my Imagination' by Elizabeth McCracken about her stillborn son.

This blog has some articles about dealing with infertility: http://infertilityhonesty.com/2016/0...d-it/#more-916 Her February 2014 post on 'When Fertility Treatments Fail' goes over a lot of things: http://infertilityhonesty.com/catego...eatments-fail/

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

crabby  (22-03-2016),ECM1981  (22-03-2016),mummy2016  (22-03-2016)