Closed Thread
Page 46 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @ferngirl you can add me to the BFN stats for the year. I had positive FRER's from 9dpo to 12dpo, but today at 13dpo they're very much stark white negatives. My blood test tomorrow is just a formality.
    A somewhat cheeky question, but one that's worth asking none-the-less, would any-one recommend their successful egg donor? For cycle 5 I'm going to have to start with a full fresh donor cycle.
    Or the cheekiest of all questions, does any-one who has enjoyed a successful pregnancy and decided that they've completed their family, have any embryos frozen at CFC that they might consider donating to me? xx
    Tahli - I'm sorry to hear of your Expected BFN. It's a true testament of your resilience and fortitude that you are still determined to have another go x

It's funny you asked these cheeky qn's. I have been involved in these boards for a few years now and have at times wondered if any of us here have inadvertently used the same donor - particularly when EPU stats sound similar...

DH and I are still working through our decision as to whether we will go back for a FET with our remaining 5 on ice (they are a result of double donor as opposed to our twins who are from DH+donor). They may be an option for you if we decide that our family is complete.
    In the interim, I can however highly recommend speaking with Rikki from sunshine who suggested our donor after our previous failed donors. I'm sure Rikki would be able to help you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (21-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im so sorry to read about your result @Tahli. I am very dissapointed for you, i so wanted this to work for you after the year you had. Asking for others good donors is a great idea, and even better is to ask for a donated embryo although i did ask CFC about this a few months back and i cant rememeber what they said. I would be interested to see if its possible, please keep me in the loop. We are thinking surrogacy if our next cycle doesnt work but its so expensive and although i am desperate for a baby i dont want to put ourselves in financial distress. Why is this so friggen hard for some of us?! Sending you a big hug xxxx

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Lolly99  (21-03-2016),Tahli  (21-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks @Blinky76. It's been abit of a tough day as I got my official blood test results confirming my BFN. It's always difficult even when you're expecting it.
    Yeah, I do wonder how many of the gorgeous girls on here have the same ED too. I thought it was worth asking the cheeky questions. If I'd had a successful outcome I would have happily recommended my ED to some-one if they'd asked.
    After 4 unsuccessful transfers, I still don't know whether it's me or it was her eggs. The only way I'm going to know is to use a fresh new donor.
    It would be lovely if you could keep me in mind if you do decide your family is complete. I love the idea of using embryos from one of the BubHub girls!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (21-03-2016),JulieMalooley  (21-03-2016),Lolly99  (21-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @ECM1981 As you know, I've emailed you. You'll be the success story for a 4th transfer! I officially pass the baton over to you!!
    Last edited by Tahli; 21-03-2016 at 18:01.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (21-03-2016),Lolly99  (21-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tahli
    I've sent you a pm let me know if you haven't received it and I will resend.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Annabelle1 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (22-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ECM1981 As you know, I've emailed you. You'll be the success story for a 4th transfer! I officially pass the baton over to you!!
    thanks Tahli, I'm not a very good runner but I will take the baton and do the best I can!
    I had to attend a baby shower yesterday that I had organised for one of my friends and I overheard someone say "I wonder who will be next" and they didn't say me. I felt sad because it's like everyone is used to me not having any luck in the baby making department but I will prove them wrong and will get a baby some way or another!
    I have had a lot of ideas @Tahli on how we can get there, like you I am always planning the next step. Hope you get some cuddles from your little boy and have a nice cup of tea tonight and watch trashy TV to take your mind off your sadness if even just for a minute. It's not easy getting over the disappointment and sadness so don't rush yourself. Xxx

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (21-03-2016),Tahli  (22-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli - I am so sorry about your BFN. You have to wonder if it is from a dud donor. I know you will get there in the end. We are still going so I can't offer you anything (at the moment). But I will keep you in mind when our family is complete.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (22-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ECM1981 you prove those biatches wrong and make sure they organise a huge baby shower for you when it's your turn! I like yours and @Tahlis strength and resilience. You both don't stay down for long! Can't wait for you guys to get your BFP!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (22-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @Blinky76. It's been abit of a tough day as I got my official blood test results confirming my BFN. It's always difficult even when you're expecting it.
    Yeah, I do wonder how many of the gorgeous girls on here have the same ED too. I thought it was worth asking the cheeky questions. If I'd had a successful outcome I would have happily recommended my ED to some-one if they'd asked.
    After 4 unsuccessful transfers, I still don't know whether it's me or it was her eggs. The only way I'm going to know is to use a fresh new donor.
    It would be lovely if you could keep me in mind if you do decide your family is complete. I love the idea of using embryos from one of the BubHub girls!
    Will definitely keep you in mind...😀

I'm sorry I'm not completely familiar with your story - have you ever done an immune protocol as part of you DE journey?

(We did 8 full cycles, including our two DE cycles before getting our beloved babies. The ONLY cycle we got a BFP from was the one we did a 'kitchen sink' immune protocol with it... Just a thought)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (22-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #12

Dear Tahli,

I'm so very sorry about your BFN. I was gutted reading through your last few posts, especially since your journey seemed like such a positive, favourable one. This really did seem like it was your time. But perhaps there is some truth to the challenge being your donor and not you.

I know this only too well, as our first donor used in CT ended up at 30yrs old having worse eggs than my own at then 43. It devastated me then, as I foolishly believed that the DE process was fool-proof and guaranteed. While we still have embies on ice from that cycle, we decided not to proceed with them and move directly to a new donor, rather than risk more disappointment (back in July2015).

My DP and I were rookies, and were hardly focused on "proven" as a key variable in our selection. This was not the case with our second donor, who has thus far proven to be a rock-star! She has both children and at least one successful twin donation with CFC, besides our own. I'd be happy to pm you about both donors, especially since we had continued to see our first donor appearing in more than one agency database, after we had our unsuccessful cycle with her.

Sending you loads of love and big hugs (even if they're from very far away, all the way from Canada!)

Your time will come, and is just around the corner.

Xoxo

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cjocoh71 For This Useful Post:

mummy2016  (22-03-2016),Tahli  (22-03-2016)