Closed Thread
Page 40 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for the long post in advance. I’ve been trying to not make it so long winded I’ll keep the other stuff for another time.

When I started looking into ED in 2012 I was 43 (single) and my child was 4 (conceived natural) originally it was Thailand when I came across this thread. I did the tests required and started the process then life chucked ****ty curve balls and it all came to a stop. I’ve kept reading along with the original girls then as time went on all the new additions to the threads, it has been great.

Now it looks like I might be able to get back up and start again, I’ve contacted CFC again and thought I would start from scratch instead of just emailing Dr Wiswedel after all this time. Dr Matabese replied and I was put back in contact with Cyndi and Dr Wiswedel and it was like no time had passed at all. The now 8yr old that has so wanted a sibling for so long might get that wish.

I am in need of some advice on meds needed, I’ve written the different drug protocols down that I have found and truthfully I don’t know if I have any issues but figured since you’ve had success what could it hurt to cover bases especially at my age I don't think it stuff that'll hurt. I took the list and I went to see one of my GP’s (I don’t have a FS just doing this by the seat of my pants) to organize the tests, I asked him if he could prescribe any of the drugs I had written down and he is able to if CFC write a list of what is required. Here is the question if anyone can help would CFC do a list with the prednisolone and clexane added to what they require, I would organize intralipid to do in Cape Town if all goes to plan we’ll be there a week before it’s all a go and two and a bit weeks after before the child and I head to Scotland on the rest of the holiday.

Thank you for the help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just really want to stress that there is no outcome difference between IM progesterone and pessaries.

At the moment CFC have no Gestone. If IM Gestone doesn't appeal or is giving reactions then I would suggest using an alternative. There is no use suffering unnecessarily for weeks. I am more than happy to be using Crinone and in no way consider that I am at a disadvantage.

As for the considered poor outcome of a donor's first cycle I would have to say that could be in part to not knowing how the donor is going to react to the drug regimen etc. Many factors can influence the quality of the eggs and the cycle outcome so it would be best to speakbto the doctor regarding whether or not the donor is likely to have a better outcome for you for a future cycle. It is not only her egg quality and AMH has nothing to do with egg quality, merely egg reserve. It will not tell the doctor how the donor will respond either.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

mummy2016  (11-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome babywish, i think you will need to ask cyndi if you can add those meds to your protocol. They may be hesitant about the pred as i know when i asked for it they initially said they didnt recommend because it can cause birth defects such as cleft palate, but my Dr in perth who is a ob/gyn wrote it for me. Im not sure but you may need a few extra tests before you start regular clexane to see if you have any clotting disorders? Possibly? Good luck.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

babywish313  (11-03-2016),mummy2016  (11-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummy2016 View Post
    need some thoughts on what happened with our process so far.
    So, we chose a young donor, she was 24.
    !2 eggs were retrieved, 5 fertilized, two transferred, dr M says one was good, and the other still growing, and the other three did not make it to blastocyst.
    Its sad because we spent so much time, resources and money getting here, and we were hoping for embryos to freeze for next time, only to get told we have none.
    I am trying to be very positive and praying we get a very great outcome from our embryos, because there is nothing I want more than to be a mother.
    The thing is what do we do for a sibling, go through the same donor? or someone new/
    How do you know which donors to use.
    What do we do now?
    Hi mummy2016,
    I would be feeling the same as you. Sorry that you didnt get any embryos left to freeze. I hope the 2 transfered are good and strong. You didnt get the outcome you hoped but at least you have one good in there nestling in and and one still growing. as I have been told a million times 'it only takes one'. I did a lot of researching picking my 2nd donor and asked the clinic for their egg donation reports and founf that some girls who were proven and had their own children didnt get many blasts. Stay calm and send happy sticking thoughts to your embryos. Xxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

mummy2016  (11-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Hi mummy2016,
    I would be feeling the same as you. Sorry that you didnt get any embryos left to freeze. I hope the 2 transfered are good and strong. You didnt get the outcome you hoped but at least you have one good in there nestling in and and one still growing. as I have been told a million times 'it only takes one'. I did a lot of researching picking my 2nd donor and asked the clinic for their egg donation reports and founf that some girls who were proven and had their own children didnt get many blasts. Stay calm and send happy sticking thoughts to your embryos. Xxx
    Agree with this @mummy2016 - I would be feeling gutted right now too if I were you but the twin stats with CFC are huge so hopefully you won't need to worry. If you end up with a singleton out of this and want to go down that track again later, your donor would have hopefully done other donations by then so you could get those stats and see if there had been any better results. Personally, if I had to make the choice - it would be tough - but I think I'd have to go with a different donor if 2 good embies ended up being typical for your donor. I really hope you don't have to make that choice - good luck with the tww !!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

mummy2016  (11-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KMP sounds like I got the last batch of the gestone! Have been on lubion for two days and am still getting itching. However..... second bloodtest result is in and the HCG has gone from 73 to 234 in 48 hrs. I am feeling relieved and excited at last that this is really happening. Will be doing another bloodtest tomorrow. The guys I work with suggested that being pregnant might be making me supersensitive and it could be a sign it's going to be a boy. Will have to wait awhile to confirm that theory.
    I'll let you all know if I don't end up using anymore of the gestone in case someone else can use it.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BB4Me For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (11-03-2016),ferngirl  (12-03-2016),mummy2016  (11-03-2016),Patsy73  (12-03-2016),wazbub  (11-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tahli, hope your flight went well. Is anyone else over there now or shortly?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BB4Me For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (12-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes @Tahli how did everything go? Did you get a good thaw? Goodluck xxx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (12-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ECM1981, thank you for your advice I don't have any clotting issues that I know of so I wont worry I'll just stick with what CFC have given me. As you ladies have done IVF and been to CFC would you recommend doing the intralipids or is it only a benefit if your doing immune protocols?
    Thanks again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do the intralipids because of immune issues. I have never been pregnant and have had 4 transfers- 1 my own egg, and then 3 using donor egg and transfering 2, 2, and then 3 embryos. So who knows where the problem lies with me. At the beginning i thought it was just egg quality but turns out it could be more. Was your first pregnancy easily achieved? Its good that you are researching, i think its best to throw all these questions at cyndi and see what she says. I always email the nurses a billion times a day. Im sure they roll their eyes everytime they see my name! ☺

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Lolly99  (12-03-2016)