Closed Thread
Page 35 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi FMJ. On the Fairy Glen Website it says no children under the age of 4 are allowed on the game drives so your daughter is old enough to go, the drives lasts 2.5 to 3 hrs though so your daughter would need to be able to last that long. It does say children between the ages 5-12 pay half price so they're not free.
    i thought it was great for the animals but wouldn't recommend it for the dining. It is the closest park only 1 - 1.5 hour drive from Cape Town. You get one game drive and there is a nature walk in the evening after which you get to feed the elephants. The animals are so quiet, they don't run off and you can get a close look. There are no giraffes as it is too cold in winter for them. There are 2 rhinos which have no horns due to poachers taking them but that means you get real close to them with the male butting the vehicle. There are 4 buffalo, 2 elephants, 6 lions, zebra, kudu, springbok, wildebeest.
    we paid for a standard chalet and were given a luxury chalet. The animals could be seen from the room so DD saw them and you drive through the paddock to get to the rooms so DH let her out of the car seat and drove through the paddock with her looking out the window and she saw the animals that way also. He said the zebras walked around the car. you can also walk around one of the lion pens. They were very accomodating and allowed us to check out late the next day so I could do the morning game drive. DH did the game drive the afternoon before (we got there late and they came back and picked him up after the drive started). One of us stayed with DD who is 19 months old.
    We have been to the Garden Route Game Lodge in June 2013. I loved the food there and would go back again for the food. We stayed in one of the little cabins that overlooked the waterhole however never saw the animals from the cabin. At the time they had 4 adult cheetahs and 3/4 cubs. Their two elephants were ex circus. I would recommend them for both food and game drive however they are a 3.5 - 4 hour drive from Cape Town. Not sure what their policy on children is.
    Last edited by BB4Me; 07-03-2016 at 18:50. Reason: Correction

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BB4Me For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AFM got back home Saturday. Not adjusting well to the time zone difference, went to bed 11pm last night and wide awake 130am this morning. Got up 330am and decided to hop on the forum. Test day today, it has been raining for the last 24 hours and we are currently rained in with the creek up so will have to see if I can get into town later to have the test done.
    i came home with gestone and Lubion as they were out of stock of the gestone. The Lubion is 6x the price of the gestone but it can be injected subcutaneously on the stomach which means I will be able to do it myself. DH currently gives me the gestone injections. If I have to go back I will go by myself so the Lubion will be easier to administer during the flight.
    was really happy with the SAA flight Perth-Joburh-CT. They catered for DD giving me food for her and GF food for myself. They gave me 2 cups of fresh milk for her when I asked. They also gave us a row of 4 seats to ourselves so DD was able to lay down and slept most of the way. The leg between Brisbane-Perth was with Virgin for SAA and DH says we will never fly Virgin again. They did not cater for myself or DD. She had to sit on my lap for the entire 5 hour flight, there were no cushions that I could sit her on or bassinets, on the way back they would only give a cup of water as there was no bottled water, they didn't even give a full can of soft drink, they gave part of a can in a cup. When I asked for milk for DD they said sorry no can do as they only had the small UHT milk. There was no inflight entertainment if you didn't have your own portable device. What's other people's experiences been like? Is this normal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Felicity,
    The details of the NSW chemist is Custom Care Pharmacy 1300725868. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I didn't have the details with me while we were away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was given Crinone instead of Gestone (happily).

There is no statistical outcome difference between the two so no need to panic re drugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kylie - I am really sorry it was a BFN for you. Good luck for your frostie in a few months.

Arall - good luck for your trip. So exciting when flights are booked. 6 weeks will fly. We leave in 3 weeks.

KMP - Best of luck for your transfer tomorrow. We will now probably have to stay at the Vineyard for the first 2 nights (as they stuffed up our accom & apartment isn't available until the Sunday). I am looking forward to eating up a a storm there! I hope the brekky is as good as it was?

Tahli - all the best for your transfer this week.

Hello to everyone else.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

arall  (18-03-2016),Tahli  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck Tahli

9. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much @Luca and @emski72! Only 4 days til transfer number 4!!
    How did you get on today @BB4Me?
    @KMP Did your transfer go well today?
    Last edited by Tahli; 07-03-2016 at 18:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Tahli and @Luca it was a wonderful single transfer of an already expanding blast with one high qual still in freezer with another. Dr Matabese very very happy.

Been a chaotic morning with car hire muck ups and wrong baby seat. Cup of tea here at Nood before we start our driving adventure. Bloods norning before we fly out. Yikes 😀

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (07-03-2016),Tahli  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for asking Tahli. Wasn't able to do the blood test as the creek is flooded and hasn't gone down enough to drive through. They're predicting more heavy rain so uncertain about tomorrow. I did pee on a stick yesterday and it came up with two lines so am hopeful of a positive.
    Hope your transfer went well today KMP and wishing you the best for yours Tahli.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BB4Me For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on your single transfer @KMP! Will you POAS or wait for your blood test?
    Oh my gosh @BB4Me....you're pregnant!! You seem so chilled out! How many did you transfer? Do you have a pic of your FRER? How absolutely and utterly exciting!!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (07-03-2016)