Closed Thread
Page 34 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Good luck for Monday's blood test @BB4Me! Exciting times!!!
    @Tahli how did your scan go? All ok for your upcoming transfer? Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mardicharli Thanks so much for the info - will be checking out the protea North wharf - sounds ideal ! Is it far from the clinic?
    @FMJ We have booked a night at The Garden Route Safari Park near Mossel Bay , about 3 1/2 hours from Capetown, has some really good reviews and we get to see a bit of the coastline on the way.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to arall For This Useful Post:

FMJ  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @FMJ sorry that was Garden Route game lodge.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to arall For This Useful Post:

FMJ  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, has anyone had the microarray cgh embryo testing from CFC- the one where you get the results back in 48hrs so you can still do a fresh transfer? Im just wondering what they test for and what info you get on the embryos? Thanks xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Default BFN for me

Hi everyone,

Found out a few days ago it was a BFN for me after doing a single transfer with a 4aa blast.. Disappointed with the result and the fact that despite 11 eggs at pickup.. I only ended with 1 frostie. Dr H tells me this is below the average number for DE cycles. Not happy that despite being another blast.. Think it was 3bb.. It was not frozen. Not sure why and have not been given a reason though others on here have said they have had poor quality blast frozen .

Will try using the frostie in a few months, have already told Dr H I will be following Dr Waz protocol next time including a scratch and lipoidal wash prior to improve my chances. Don't want to have to visit SA a third time.

Good luck @BB4Me

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @kylie764, I'm so sorry to hear your weren't successful this time around, but great to hear you have a plan in mind to prepare for your FET. Wishing you all the best for success the second time around. FFxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @arall and @FMJ we did the overnight trip to Garden Route Game Lodge - it was fantastic. The accommodation and food were fabulous and we had an excellent guide - Kelvin - for our two game drives. It's a very well run reserve, but they don't have a huge amount of the 'big 5' game animals... 2 elephants, 1 cheetah, 4 lions, 3 rhino, 2 hippos, 3 or 4 giraffes, 3 rhino, zebras, eland, buffalo, etc... I'm not sure how this compares with other parks though in terms of numbers. We had great elephant, giraffe and cheetah sightings but the lions weren't very cooperative when we were there... I've attached a pic of some elephants mucking around that I took during our game drive... very up close and personal
    IMG_20160215_010220.jpg

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Felicity Fox For This Useful Post:

arall  (18-03-2016),Luca  (07-03-2016),Tahli  (06-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    @Tahli how did your scan go? All ok for your upcoming transfer? Xx
    @ECM1981 It's all systems go for flying out Thursday and my transfer on Friday. My lining was 8.3mm so giving it the extra week it only grew about 0.5mm. An interesting experiment. 24 days on Synarel finished lastnight (woo hoo!) and I started Gestone with 2 Crinone sticks tonight. Now I just need to decide how many embryos to thaw.
    I hope things are going well with your ED.
    Last edited by Tahli; 07-03-2016 at 08:24.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

ferngirl  (06-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @kylie764 I'm so very sorry to hear your transfer was unsuccessful. I have everything crossed that Wazza's protocol on your FET gets you your positive result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kylie764 so sorry to hear. It sure is a frustrating journey.

AFM enjoying a wine in the garden at The Vineyard while a festival of bubbles plays out on the lawns (grrr if only I had known).

Been a wonderful week in Cape Town. One&Only fabulous with children. The Vineyard nowhere near as good (customer service) but the hotel is super busy with the Argus cycle race. Gorgeous hotel setting and very relaxing and enjoyable eating outside.

Lining scan 12mm last week. Transfer in the morning. May be forced to play numbers and transfer 2 as I think they froze 2 in one straw (which is difficult to comprehend as I only did a single transfer last time). I will speak to Dr Matabese about informed consent and freezing options tomorrow.

Right now hoping something thaws but regardless it has been amazing so far.

Tomorrow we head to Stellenbosch then onto Garden Route to eventually get to Shamwari inland then 5 days to come back along the coast road.

Lost my Mastercard the day before I flew which caused chaos but new card, new luck, here goes nothing.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (07-03-2016),Blinky76  (07-03-2016),ferngirl  (08-03-2016),Tahli  (07-03-2016)