Closed Thread
Page 33 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @FMJ i think jennski went to Mauritius on the way home on one of her trips to SA. We did Mauritius on our way home from south africa when on our honeymoon ( not a donor related trip) It's a beautiful place but definitely on the pricey side.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been having a bit of trouble with the Internet connection but managed to get on bubhub today. Had the FET on Saturday courtesy of Dr Heylen. So PUPO until Monday when I do the blood test. Am a bit worried it's not going to work as I have inadvertently eaten spicy food and was served raw fish at the Chefs Warehouse. Got to say that was the worst dining experience this trip. Not so much because of the food but because of the way we were treated. I felt quite upset after. My favourite so far has been the Square at the Vineyard Hotel. We liked it so much we've dined there twice. Are booked into the Myoga at the Vineyard for tomorrow night. Have to book ahead to dine there as it is quite popular. Our personal favourite from previous trips is the Cafe Extra Blatt on Main st neat the waterfront. We had breakfast there Sunday morning. They do a brunch on a Sunday and it's all you can eat with omelettes made fresh while you wait. I think it was R120 so quite cheap.
    staying at the Fairy Glen Safari Park tonight as it is close to Cape Town. DD can't go on the game drives but she can see the animals thru the fence as they are right outside our chalet. Very happy with the chalet. It is bigger than the cottage we've been staying in.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BB4Me For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (02-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wazbub View Post
    @FMJ i think jennski went to Mauritius on the way home on one of her trips to SA. We did Mauritius on our way home from south africa when on our honeymoon ( not a donor related trip) It's a beautiful place but definitely on the pricey side.
    We went to Mauritius at the end of August last year on our way home from our first attempt. I believe, from our travel agent, that you have to fly into Joberg to get there anyway as there's no direct flight from Aus. So we ended up going Sydney, Perth, Joberg, CT then CT Joberg, Mauritius. Mauritius, Joberg, Perth, Sydney.

It's about a 4hr flight from Joberg. We stayed at Club Med's La Pointe Aux Conniers and it was great. Everything was paid for - all you can eat and drink, water sports, gym, games, entertainment etc. Very relaxing, especially during a 2ww. The weather was about 25-27 degrees during the days, but jumpers on at night (for me anyway). Great holiday.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

FMJ  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck for Monday's blood test @BB4Me! Exciting times!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (05-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, Flights are booked and we are off to CT in 6 weeks! Looking for some accommodation to stay with a 4 year old, any recommendations welcome- love the look of the Vineyard but can't imagine a 4 year old tearing around there.
    BB4me - you will be fine, think what all the pregnant Japanese women eat just rest up and enjoy the safari park !

9. The Following User Says Thank You to arall For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (05-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    BB4Me don't stress about the raw fish, embryo's don't even implant for a few days, that will have no effect on the outcome.
    I loved Chef's Warehouse and had a great experience there, but I guess it comes down to how things are on the night. I love the Vineyard too and all the restaurants in there. Wishing you all the best for the TWW. x

11. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (05-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennski View Post
    We went to Mauritius at the end of August last year on our way home from our first attempt. I believe, from our travel agent, that you have to fly into Joberg to get there anyway as there's no direct flight from Aus. So we ended up going Sydney, Perth, Joberg, CT then CT Joberg, Mauritius. Mauritius, Joberg, Perth, Sydney.

It's about a 4hr flight from Joberg. We stayed at Club Med's La Pointe Aux Conniers and it was great. Everything was paid for - all you can eat and drink, water sports, gym, games, entertainment etc. Very relaxing, especially during a 2ww. The weather was about 25-27 degrees during the days, but jumpers on at night (for me anyway). Great holiday.
    Thanks @Jennski and @wazbub. Yes, club med definitely looks like a good option. Saw a travel agent today and it is a bit crazy how many legs you have to do to get from here to CT and then to Mauritius but we really can't go all that way and not stop over considering my husbands heritage. Better start saving!
    @BB4Me would love to hear about the Safari Park as we would like to find one close to CT when we go. How old do you have to be to go on the game drives. My DD will be 6 by then.

Listen to me. Sounds like I am more interested in the holiday! Definitely very invested in the cycle and doing lots of research but love organising a holiday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @FMJ we went to Inverdoorn Safari and i thought it was amazing. It was a 3ish hour drive from CT. Rooms were beautiful and safari was fantastic but im not sure the age requirements. Im looking forward to hearing about the other safari park too, maybe we can do another one ☺

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

FMJ  (03-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Arall - We stayed at the Protea North Wharf hotel which is about 10 mins walk from the Waterfront. We had a 2 bedroom apartment in the hotel so we had the best of hotel services (room service, buffet breakfast, car parking, swimming pool etc) as well as a 2 bedroom apartment with full kitchen, ensuite, washing facilities etc. our 4 year old loved it there! Can thoroughly recommend it for kids. The staff were lovely!

FMJ - we took our 4 year old (only just) on safari at Inverdoon and he loved it! We only did the day trip as we weren't sure how he would go with an overnight stay. 😊

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

arall  (18-03-2016),FMJ  (04-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

The first time we went to CT we stayed at the Vineyard & then an apartment in the Waterfront. We went on a 3 day safari to Sanbona in between. So this time around we have booked a 2 bed apartment at Quayside not far from the Waterfront. There doesn't seem to be as many accom options as when we went the first time (it was in Winter though) but we are still really happy with the apartment as we are taking bub. We arrive on 1st April for a bit of a holiday and to eat & drink up a storm before FET transfer on 8th April. It will be the Cape Town Jazz Festival too.

Good luck to everyone.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (04-03-2016),emski72  (06-03-2016),FMJ  (04-03-2016)