Page 31 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    F

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great news on your scan @Felicity Fox!
    @Outoftime, I agree with FelicityFox. Totally normal to not have symptoms at this stage. On my last pregnancy, my only inkling was that my bra was getting tight. I haven't experienced that this time around. Nausea didn't hit me until about 7 weeks last time.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Outoftime  (28-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

Just wanted to say a quick hi and let you know how helpful this thread has been for me. I just started looking into o/s egg donation after TTC for 3yrs, 1 m/c at 8w, then 5 IVF cycles, 7 transfers, 1 BFP but m/c at 12w. We already have a beautiful 5yo DD so are very blessed but she desperately wants a sister/brother.

This thread had just made me want to go to SA ASAP but will need to wait until Sept. When should we start seriously looking at selecting a donor?

Also do any of the private health funds support o/s IVF procedures? I assume not but thought I should ask the question.

thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @FMJ i think you can start searching now and try to get as much info on a number of donors as possible. Search through the different agencies and make a list of girls you like the look/sound of and then ask the agency if they are available to donate in September. If you decide to go for a proven donor (someone that has children and/or pregnancies from donations) and many girls on here have ask the agency to send you their donation report. I went through Cape Fertility and so as i was asking for a cape town based donor they had all done their donations through CFC so i was able to get info on their previous donations- i especially wanted to know how many eggs retrieved became blastocysts. This was important to me because i wanted really good numbers and sometimes i found that even though a donor had a good collection they didnt make good blasts. It can be a range of reasons why but it was important to me to find a donor with good results. Its good that you have a lot of time because you wont have to feel rushed to make your choice. If you want you can also send you photos to the agency and they can help to recommend a donor that looks very similar to you and your child. Good luck! Also sorry indont knownabout private health with os ivf but i assume not also as its hard enough claiming for things here let alone overseas.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

FMJ  (29-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @FMJ i wanted to send private msg but i think you nees to have pasted 5 times or something? What state are in? Have you read about Dr M? Im not too sure what testing tou have had but seeing as you have a few months up your sleeve maybe you could make an appointment with him to rule out immune problems. You have been through so much already, i hope your dreams come true and you get your DD a little brother or sister xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ECM1981. Yes, sorry very new to this! I am in Melbourne. I have heard the ladies in this thread mention Dr M in relation to NKC but don't really know that much so would be keen to hear more. I haven't been tested for NKC levels as I assumed not an issue for me because I have already had a child...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @FMJ Welcome! @ECM1981 has given you excellent advice! I have a 4 year old son who is desperate for twin siblings. I'm heading back to CT in 11 days for another transfer. I have high NK cells. I would definitely contact Dr M to make a phone apt, $350 and then get the blood tests he recommends having done. The phone consult to get the results is $150. No Medicare rebate. September is a great time-line because it allows you to cover your immune bases with Dr M, tee up an ED you're really happy with and research your trip without too much pressure. Good luck!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

FMJ  (29-02-2016),Lolly99  (29-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJ View Post
    Thanks ECM1981. Yes, sorry very new to this! I am in Melbourne. I have heard the ladies in this thread mention Dr M in relation to NKC but don't really know that much so would be keen to hear more. I haven't been tested for NKC levels as I assumed not an issue for me because I have already had a child...
    This time last year it was all new to me too, now im a pro haha!! No definately not a pro but went to SA 3 times last year and now olanning my next trip in June with helo from Dr M and hoping it wilk work. I think you can have secondary infertility caused by high nkc even if you already have a child. X
    @Tahli oh my goodness only 11 days!! Goodluck i hope it all goes smoothly. You deserve it! Xx

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

FMJ  (29-02-2016),Lolly99  (29-02-2016),Tahli  (29-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, well I did the BT today and have just received results. It's a negative for us which means the end of our journey. I just wanted to thank everyone on this forum for sharing. It made us brave and confident enough to take this trip and try for a family but it obviously is not meant to be. We are devastated right now but we will get over it and life will go on. I wish everyone the best of luck with babies or more successful cycles. @kylie764 & @BB4Me, it was lovely to have met you both in SA and I keep my fingers crossed that you both get good results of your transfers.

If if anyone wishes to take the vodacom sim or shark dive tickets off my hands please private message me and I will get it via email.

As for us, we will not be active on the forum any longer as I am feeling too bitter. And I now need to figure out what life needs to look like with just the two of us.

Take care everyone.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Outoftime For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (19-04-2016),Tahli  (01-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh @Outoftime, I'm so very sorry.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Outoftime  (01-03-2016)