Closed Thread
Page 27 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Arrived in Cape Town at almost midnight last night. Had psych session and picked up the remaining gestone I need today. My proven donor came though on Monday with 14 eggs at pickup... With 11 fertilising. Waiting for day 3 grading report tomorrow and transfer will probably be Saturday. Resting up ready for my precious cargo.

Staying at Sea Point if anyone else is around and wants to meet up.

Good luck to the others around this stage.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (18-02-2016),Outoftime  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Great news @kylie764 - good luck for transfer You'll get some good ones in that batch !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

kylie764  (18-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Been in CT for a couple of weeks now. Haven't wanted to post our results because I'm still so angry. Our donor produced 7 eggs which we were hoping was good but then we found that only 2 have fertilised and a day 3 transfer was booked straight away. Today is transfer day but I have such a horrible feeling, I have no confidence there will be anything to transfer and if there is it will be such poor quality that it has no chance. I am totally devastated but everyone at CFC keeps telling me quality over quantity. I cannot see how there is any quality in this cycle. Hopefully I'm just being hysterical from all the drugs but all I can see is the dollar signs ticking over and nothing coming from the expense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont give up yet outoftime. Try to stay positive. Have you had any trouble with DH sperm in the past?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wazbub For This Useful Post:

Outoftime  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Outoftime im sorry to hear your donor didnt get great results. I hope the two that fertilised are good strong embryos. Did CFC give you any options if they dont have any to transfer? Did they say they had some 'spare' eggs or embryos in the freezer? Keep praying that the two you have are nice and strong. Thinking of you. Xx

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (22-02-2016),Outoftime  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Outoftime I'm really sorry that you didn't get a better result from your donor, I know I would be feeling exactly as you do if i were in your shoes but as @wazbub said please try and stay positive. Maybe try a nice long massage or two and in the days following transfer? For what it's worth I used to hate it when people told me to be positive as I was always terrified i was going to set myself up for failure so i found it easier to expect the worst and avoid the disappointment - but for this donor cycle and my previous cycle (the last one with my own eggs) something shifted in me and i just let all the anxiety go and I believe it has made a difference with BFPs both times after years of BFNs (it wasn't the only thing I did differently though) it has certainly been a much better head space to be in... I also found that distracting myself with cape town and just some of what it has to offer helped me to ward off the anxiety around how much was riding on the cycle financially and emotionally. I read a great post on Bub Hub months ago by I can't remember who but they said they basically treated the trip to SA as a holiday with a couple of medical appointments on the side and I really took that on board and tried to embrace the holiday aspect so that whatever the outcome we would still have some lovely memories to take home.

...there is nothing to suggest that you wont get a perfect beautiful bub or two from the two 3 day embryos that you do have, just remember they are young eggs. Sending love and prayers your way for a successful outcome. FFxx
    Last edited by Felicity Fox; 19-02-2016 at 00:05.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Felicity Fox For This Useful Post:

Outoftime  (19-02-2016),wazbub  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woo hoo @kylie764 that is a fantastic result there's bound to be some super stars and a few frosties in that lovely batch. Looking forward to your day 3 report tomorrow... FFxx
    Last edited by Felicity Fox; 19-02-2016 at 00:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @wazbub, @EmC1981 & @Felicity Fox you are all correct. Thank you for the pep talks. They did help me get a grip. I am being very hysterical and have written off the cycle before getting to the end. One thing I did learn today was that a day 3 transfer does not always mean bad quality. Here it just means that there is no need to wait until day 5 because the only surviving embryos are all to be transferred. I found out that day 5 transfers are usually because there are more embryos so they want to wait to get the best to transfer first.

As it turns out the surviving 2 embies are A grade and were in fact developed past day 3 so were perfect. However, there are still none in reserve so everything hinges on these. (No pressure little embies). This donor has also been advised she is no longer allowed to donate due to this.
    @wazbub, that was the first question we asked as we have never had sperm problems but they were confident it was egg quality that caused the low fertility.
    @EmC1981, CFC did mention the possibility of looking at the egg bank if no eggs were collected but they didn't suggest it again after the collection or fertilization. I guess they could see the survivors were developing. Apparently the egg bank is very small though.
    @Felicity Fox, we have been trying to do so much tourist activities to keep our mind off this and it was working up until yesterday when I self distructed but I am now calm again for awhile. This emotional roller coaster is exhausting.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Outoftime For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (19-02-2016),JulieMalooley  (19-02-2016),SalSA2015  (19-02-2016),wazbub  (19-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow @Outoftime I'd be stressed too but yep, these could certainly be your future children regardless !! I'm surprised that with only two CFC didn't offer you some from their egg bank quite frankly. I know they've done that before with someone else on this thread (about 1.5 to 2 years ago). What day will you start poas'ing ? We will all be stalking lol !!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (22-02-2016),Outoftime  (20-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    Wow @Outoftime I'd be stressed too but yep, these could certainly be your future children regardless !! I'm surprised that with only two CFC didn't offer you some from their egg bank quite frankly. I know they've done that before with someone else on this thread (about 1.5 to 2 years ago). What day will you start poas'ing ? We will all be stalking lol !!
    No @JulieMalooley no mention of the egg bank once they knew 2 were still developing. I think it would have been too late for us to use any from there on this trip so that may have had something to do with it not being mentioned again. Not sure.

I really want to hold out for as long as possible before I start poas'ing because if it looks like bad news my mood will take a dive very quickly. I have to do the official BT on the 28th which is my first day back at work so I will definitely be doing a test that weekend just to prepare.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Outoftime For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (20-02-2016)