Closed Thread
Page 25 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecocktail View Post
    Hi, I am new to this thread. I am in a same sex relationship and being of an older age we relied on both; egg and sperm donation. We obviuosly picked both anonymously but with the help of the agency close to our looks and believes. The egg donor had donated three times of which we were the third. All of them resulted in pregnancies so that we are expecting our baby girl in June. We are very excited.
    We have another two embryos frozen but we doubt that we will use them for ourselves. Obviously it would be a pity if after three years these embryos get discarded. Therefor we are looking for a couple, possibly in the same situation as us who would be interested in having them implanted. We also feel that it might be nice for our girl to have a kind of sibbling she could one day talk and relate to.
    We had the procedure done in SA but live in Australia. If we find a suitable couple (or single) and all feels right we would, however, ask for the costs we had to receive the embryos to be shared.
    Not sure which would be a website or place to connect with interested women?
    Hi Orange Cocktail,

I think what you're proposing is great, but I'm wondering if it's a bit early to think about donating your precious embryos? I say this from the perspective of someone dearly wanting a sibling for my child. It might be hard to understand this when you're so happy to be having one. A friend of mine also had a lot of trouble conceiving her second and we agree that it is harder this time around because we know how big the reward is. Why not give yourself a bit of time to get used to having one and see how you feel? If after that time you really truly don't want to go through another pregnancy, then how about a surrogate? There are lots of women that are keen to be surrogates but not only as a carrier (not using their own eggs).

I am just offering another perspective, no offence intended. FYI two websites you mind find helpful re donating your embryos are eggdonorangels.com.au and embryodonation.org.au

All the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Yeah I feel for you ECM our second donor ticked all the boxes but we had a **** cycle with **** quality embryos.
    Oh no emski its so hard. I wish i had known that you could ask the fertility clinic to help when choosing a donor first time round. I was lucky with my first one i think? Its hard to say why they didnt stick maybe it was them, maybe it was me. But i will say that i took what the donor agencies said as honest truth but i am learning now that their good and my good are completely different. I hope you have a nice break from work this weekend xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ferngirl thanks for taking the time to update the roll call... so many twins on the way! @MrsErinR I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with the Gestone injections - I hope things settle down for you. My first couple of injection sites were a little sore later in the day but not at the time of injection but that seems to have completely resolved itself and now I have no soreness at all around the injection sites. FWIW I lie face town on the bed and completely relax my while DH injects so there is absolutely no tension in my butt and then he holds his finger on the injection site for around 20-30 seconds which may help to disperse the oil a bit. I personally prefer the Gestone over the pessaries and crinone, aside from the messiness I found that they gave me so many more side effects - awful bloating, constipation and gas. If I can track some Gestone down in Cairns I will definitely be continuing on with it over the alternatives, although I am popping an extra pessary in at night as I have some left over from previous cycles. Wondering how you are going with your follow up BT - any news there?AFM I had a BT on Thursday at 14.5 DPO (if you factor in the timezone difference) and my HCG was 218, exactly 2 days later @ 16.5 DPO it has risen to 487 so the numbers are right on track. I will probably do another BT later this week if I can wait that long. Had my second intralipid infusion yesterday and just wondering if I'll need another - will ring Dr M on Monday.
    Last edited by Felicity Fox; 14-02-2016 at 10:47.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Felicity Fox For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post
    I'm after some advice on Gestone if anyone can help me? I'm finding that it is really stinging going in, but only the second half. So, the needle going into my skin is fine and so is the start of the oil going in and then it starts to really sting.

I'm really starting to dread doing it. I don't remember having this issue with my first pregnancy at all.

Any tips? Ideas? I've tried warming the Gestone but that didn't really help.

I can't believe I have weeks of this ahead.
    I don't remember them ever not hurting Mrserinr, stingy but not excruciating... the actual injecting hurts! Did the ones I gave you hurt the same? I remember them saying they could offer an alternative (with a different carrier oil) on my last cycle and I had to sign some paperwork.... that didn't happen on my first cycle, it was a new thing, so maybe the ingredients have changed a bit. Could you try so.E of that emula cream or whatever it is - the anesthetic cream?
    Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hang in there Mrserinr. Felicity Fox Wazza can give you name of Brisbane chemists that supply the progesterone in oil, they all mail order, the cheapest I found was a chemist in NSW which did a 10mL vial = 10doses, only 1ml dose which surely would leave a smaller lump and be less painful?
    I'm a bit worried my but isn't big enough to cope with all the injections this time, it seemed to disappear after DD was born, been doing stairs to try and build it up.
    AFM - we have our accommodation booked in Newlands, a cottage for R530/n, mightn't be the flashest but they allow children and have a nice garden area for DD to play with a view of the mountain. Now I need to pack, told DH I wanted to pack this weekend as we leave next Sat and he says "it's a bit early to pack". Crickey, I don't want to be doing it at the last minute!

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR i have huge troubles with the injections too. They dont hurt going in but the muscle afterwards becomes extremely painful so much so that last time after a long flight home i could not walk properly. It was red swollen hot and painful, like i was having a reaction. I went to Dr and he put me on pessaries. Much nicer but i had bfn. I tried crinone for next transfer and my progesterone levels were lowere then when in injections. For the 4th transfer im going to alternate with injection and pessary. That way each but cheek will get a few days rest in between. Could you try that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks all for your thoughts on Gestone. I had a couple of good days after warming the liquid for half an hour before. It seems that was just a coincidence as I am back to pain now. I will stick with it, as it's not much longer but I can't wait for it to be over. I can't understand why it's so hard this time around. I got lumps last time and they went eventually, but not this awful stinging.
    @emski72, I didn't have the issue with the ones you gave me but I suspect it's got something to do with the build up of the lumps in my butt and I used yours early on.
    @Felicity Fox, yes, I've had my second beta. I can't remember if I updated here but I probably forgot as I've had a hectic few days! Anyway, first beta was 990 (about 16.5dpo) and second was 3316 at about 19.5dpo. So, all on track.

Big day here for us today. 1st birthday for our first SA DE baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    It's been ages since I checked Bubhub, so I am very behind in what everyone is up to. I just don't seem
    to find the time these days. But from what I quickly read - congratulations to Cathy on your twins! You must be over the moon. Also best wishes to KMP, Cannuck and MrsErinR on trying. for baby no. 2. Hope it works well for you. I can't believe your little one is 1 already MrsErin! Time sure flies by!
    Hi to all those that went through the journey at the same time as me! And those that helped me through it! Hi also to the new members just starting your SA journey, you won't regret it, it's the way to go!

AFM, I am loving motherhood! My little girl is already 3 months old and is just the light of my life. I could so get used to not working!! Here is a photo to show what is taking up my time these days 😄.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1455453675.917927.jpg

I'll try better to keep up 😄

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (17-02-2016),crabby  (15-02-2016),ECM1981  (15-02-2016),Kay2015  (16-02-2016),KerryS  (15-02-2016),Lolly99  (15-02-2016),Rhino  (19-04-2016),TannyMac  (22-02-2016),wazbub  (15-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KLM she is gorgeous and very much like my little girl. So much fun and adorable. 5 months is even more fun.

Mine is very vocal and has been a bit noisy at the hospital. Unfortunately my grandma has had a stroke a week shy of 102 so it's turned to chaos for 2 weeks before flying out 😕. That is life. The good end vs the bad end.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks KMP! I'll look forward to even more fun as the months tick by.
    Sorry to hear about your poor nan, how amazing though to still be around at 102!