Closed Thread
Page 23 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @ferngirl Not sure if you counted my negatives
    Feb 15- 2 trans bfn
    June 15- 2 trans bfn
    Nov 15- 3 trans bfn

Hoping to go back End of May for new fresh cycle with brand spanking new donor who will bring the goods if i bring a working oven!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

ferngirl  (10-02-2016),Jennski  (11-02-2016),Lolly99  (10-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ferngirl count me in alongside Gen72 as having a CT donor selected and waiting for March/April 16 cycle

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (11-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for updating the roll call @ferngirl

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tahli ecm I've updated fingers cross this next ones the one !!
    Mamakes cjcoh updated too
    Thanks

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (11-02-2016),ECM1981  (10-02-2016),Lolly99  (11-02-2016),MamaKes  (11-02-2016),Tahli  (11-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Embryos from successfull pregnancy

Hi, I am new to this thread. I am in a same sex relationship and being of an older age we relied on both; egg and sperm donation. We obviuosly picked both anonymously but with the help of the agency close to our looks and believes. The egg donor had donated three times of which we were the third. All of them resulted in pregnancies so that we are expecting our baby girl in June. We are very excited.
    We have another two embryos frozen but we doubt that we will use them for ourselves. Obviously it would be a pity if after three years these embryos get discarded. Therefor we are looking for a couple, possibly in the same situation as us who would be interested in having them implanted. We also feel that it might be nice for our girl to have a kind of sibbling she could one day talk and relate to.
    We had the procedure done in SA but live in Australia. If we find a suitable couple (or single) and all feels right we would, however, ask for the costs we had to receive the embryos to be shared.
    Not sure which would be a website or place to connect with interested women?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orangecocktail For This Useful Post:

ferngirl  (12-02-2016),Tahli  (11-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangecocktail View Post
    Hi, I am new to this thread. I am in a same sex relationship and being of an older age we relied on both; egg and sperm donation. We obviuosly picked both anonymously but with the help of the agency close to our looks and believes. The egg donor had donated three times of which we were the third. All of them resulted in pregnancies so that we are expecting our baby girl in June. We are very excited.
    We have another two embryos frozen but we doubt that we will use them for ourselves. Obviously it would be a pity if after three years these embryos get discarded. Therefor we are looking for a couple, possibly in the same situation as us who would be interested in having them implanted. We also feel that it might be nice for our girl to have a kind of sibbling she could one day talk and relate to.
    We had the procedure done in SA but live in Australia. If we find a suitable couple (or single) and all feels right we would, however, ask for the costs we had to receive the embryos to be shared.
    Not sure which would be a website or place to connect with interested women?
    Hi, @Orangecocktail, congrats on the pregnancy! One issue you may find with your offer is that of counseling and consent. The Aus requirements are that donors receive counseling and must consent to possible future consent.
    So, potential recipients would have two options:
    1) travel to SA where the embryos are; or
    2) the donor would have to undergo counseling to Aus standards and consent to contact (which they may not do as the SA model is mainly, but not always, based on anonymity) before any embryos can be imported.

good luck with whatever you decide.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (11-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Orangecocktail Welcome to the thread and congrats on your little girl!
    I have just sent you a message on your profile page asking the eye and hair colour of your donors.
    I don't think there's many recipients on here at the moment who are looking for both an ED and SD. Maybe there's some who read along but don't post.
    It's a very kind offer of donating your embryos. Are they with CFC and have you discussed the difficulties with bringing them back into Oz. It's exceptionally challenging. My guess is you'd be more looking at having a recipient fly to CT.
    On my fresh CFC cycle I had over 20 embryos still going on day 4 so I had this conversation with Dr W myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm pretty sure embryos can't be imported.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

midnite01  (11-02-2016),Tahli  (11-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emski72 is right. I'm aware of one Australian clinic who has done it. My guess is they would have agreed to it under exceptional circumstances.
    Em, is there any chance you'll go for another CT trip later this year?
    @ECM1981 Did you have luck choosing a donor today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    @Tahli I've been sulking about this all week... Probably stings a bit this week as my first full pay since returning from mat leave has just gone straight on the credit card to pay off our last failed cycle in Sept/Oct. I can't try again until Jan anyway due to my surgery. I think we will do one more if E's donor will donate in Jan otherwise I'm happy to say I'm done.
    When are you off again? Did you go in Oct? Sorry I've not been following this thread much lately x

17. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (11-02-2016)