Closed Thread
Page 11 of 102 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolly99 View Post
    I am having twins. I'm scared but so grateful. We are in our 40s and tried for a good few years, natural, herbs, ivf with no go. Cape Town was literally always going to be a one shot deal for us. So we were very fortunate to get our wish. I know so many who would love to be in my place also. They have tried heaps more than us with no result. We always wanted more than one child and now we have it in one go. I don't think it's taking more time of work for me as my maternity leave will be only once instead of twice. Everything we have to go through with two kids teething, tantrums etc will happen together. Maybe some think we are crazy but we are over the moon and could not be happier. That's just us though. Everyone is different
    Hell yeah - scared but grateful here too !

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (23-01-2016),Jennski  (23-01-2016),Lolly99  (23-01-2016),TannyMac  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am having twins. I'm scared but so grateful. We are in our 40s and tried for a good few years, natural, herbs, ivf with no go. Cape Town was literally always going to be a one shot deal for us. So we were very fortunate to get our wish. I know so many who would love to be in my place also. They have tried heaps more than us with no result. We always wanted more than one child and now we have it in one go. I don't think it's taking more time of work for me as my maternity leave will be only once instead of twice. Everything we have to go through with two kids teething, tantrums etc will happen together. Maybe some think we are crazy but we are over the moon and could not be happier. That's just us though. Everyone is different
    @lolly I'm with you. I for one would do anything to be in your or any other BFP shoes. I definitely would rather have 'hard' then nothing at all right now.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Outoftime For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (23-01-2016),JulieMalooley  (22-01-2016),Lolly99  (23-01-2016),TannyMac  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #12

Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Hi girls, congrats and goodluck to all! Can anyone tell me if they used sunshine for their donors and what is your opinion of them and experience with them? Are there any agencies you would stay away from? Maybe PM me if you think its better? Thank you x
    Hi ECM1981,

With our first attempt we used GiftovLife and overall was not impressed, although I know many others have been. Once they were paid they had no further 'need' for us and made no efforts to keep us abreast of what was going on with our donor, as the process began to unfold. Following our BFN they sent a terribly insensitive email looking to close another "transaction" with us, which I felt was in terribly poor taste.

Our second attempt was with Baby2Mom and Jenny was delightful to deal with and very conscientious throughout the full journey. Although this added to the overall experience, ultimately it was her very large and exhaustive database that really attracted us. Like many others have said, I would choose the agency on the basis of finding your ideal donor and not the other way round. Then you just hope that the agency is decent to deal with, for the short time that you really need to be doing so.

And then finally with our second and most recent attempt we were solidly focused on a proven donor who had children of her own, and had donated successfully. Also a non-smoker, without any glaring medical issues and my DP prefers taller women (!) Notwitstanding all of these criteria, I had to be able to look at a donor's pics and like what I saw.

Hope this helps.

Much love to you and best of luck as you embark on what I hope is your most positive experience.

Xoxo
    Last edited by cjocoh71; 22-01-2016 at 21:57.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cjocoh71 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (23-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ECM1981, sorry I used ababysa and they were lovely, helpful, kept in touch and kept me updated.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (23-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #12

Oh Lolly I'm so with you ...
    We too are in our mid-40s and have had multiple go's at this baby making journey. Supremely grateful for where we find ourselves now and not afraid to admit that we are over the moon about the thought of twins as well, given we always wanted more than one. Very conscious of the inherent health risks and then that life might be a little (!) chaotic for awhile once these babes arrive, but both DP and I have lived very interesting and fulfilling lives to here, and we are more than ready for this next chapter and all the joys (and challenges) it will bring.
    Continued good health to you for the balance of your journey.
    Xoxo

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cjocoh71 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (23-01-2016),Gen72  (23-01-2016),Jennski  (23-01-2016),JulieMalooley  (23-01-2016),Lolly99  (23-01-2016),Rhino  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi . @Outoftime and @BB4Me I will be in Cape Town ... from 12th to 24th Feb so may give us the opportunity to meet up. I chose my donor thru Jenny at Baby2mom... she was very helpful.. To others in the planning stage.. I would suggest that you use any agency that has the donor you like the look of.

Where do you plan staying... does anyone have recommendations? I stayed in Sea Point when I was there last time.. a couple of years ago..

12. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (02-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, thanks for your tips on donor agencies. Last time i fell in love with my donor because she looked like my younger sister. I probably got myself too attached to the idea of her so i said to my hubby and myself this time we wouldnt focus too much on looks but rather someone who is a proven and healthy donor(even though my last donor was younge and very healthy). Before i made my choice i just wanted to check that these new companies i have been dealing with dont have any bad stories attached to them. So far Jenny from baby2mom and rikki from sunshine have be very very helpful. It is harder picking my second donor because i feel like there is more then everything riding on it!! I want the golden eggs!

I hope I get twins one day too double trouble double the love.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (26-01-2016),JulieMalooley  (23-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kylie764 View Post
    Hi . @Outoftime and @BB4Me I will be in Cape Town ... from 12th to 24th Feb so may give us the opportunity to meet up. I chose my donor thru Jenny at Baby2mom... she was very helpful.. To others in the planning stage.. I would suggest that you use any agency that has the donor you like the look of.

Where do you plan staying... does anyone have recommendations? I stayed in Sea Point when I was there last time.. a couple of years ago..
    We stayed at a lovely boutique hotel with only 8 rooms called hotel One8 in green point the first time. We really liked it but its about a 15mim walk to the waterfront where we spent a lot of time, but it was clean roomy had a lovely view pool and was a good price. The 2nd and 3rs time we stayed at the Commodore at the V and A waterfront. Best location if you dont plan on venturing far for a few days. First room had a crappy view, 2nd time we had a view of table mountain which was lovely. It is mid range in price.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes @JulieMalooley we do get to freeze any eligible remaining embryos. And you hit the nail on the head...I know if we had no babies we may be still trying at 47, but it wouldn't be my choice. We just have to hope that we get pregnant quickly so we can try again quickly... and hope it doesn't take as long the second time .
    It certainly isn't a case of 'wanting twins' @KMP, I know the risks and would be scared to death... but if it was a choice between twins or no babies, I would take risk.
    Last edited by Gen72; 23-01-2016 at 08:25.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (23-01-2016),Lolly99  (23-01-2016),MamaKes  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another recommendation for Jenny at baby2mom from me. I did notice two nights ago that she had an 18 year old donor listed, who was a twin herself and further twins in her family. Imagine putting two of her embryos back in...quads any-one?!!

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (23-01-2016),ECM1981  (23-01-2016),JulieMalooley  (23-01-2016),Lolly99  (23-01-2016)