+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @TreeGirl - what you say totally makes sense. She has shouted a few times in the past year. But nothing like she has been the last few days. She's also had some late nights and back yard parties recently (holidays, so I get it), so I've heard some phone comversations and the like while I am hanging out washing, or gardening, etc. I know there is something going on with her ex, and with work, so I get that she is probably not in the best space. I've considered popping my head over the fence before, but her partner keeps glaring at me from the back verandah. I am not sure why considering I don't think they would hear much from us. I swear I haven't poisoned their plants or anything.

This is partly why I wasn't sure whether I'm overreacting. She just seems much more angry than I would expect, and she can spew some vitriolic comments when she's worked up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Similar to what Tree Girl mentioned. I have found when my depression and anxiety appear i would often yell at my dd (i had pnd once i had her and have had a hard time being a mum) not to the extent of locking her out of the house.
    But I wonder if this lady is also going through the same thing?

If the situation is making you uncomfortable definitely give police a call for a welfare check for the safety of the little girl.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unfortunately PND isn't an excuse for verbally abusing your children.

If there is something else going on then the police/DOCS will help with social work/counsellors etc to help the mum with everything.

However if she has mental health problems that are causing this abuse, then that's not on and perhaps worse case scenario the child needs to be removed from her care for the CHILD's safety until mum is well enough to look after her appropriately.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alliecat89 For This Useful Post:

Happymum2  (12-01-2016),TheGooch  (11-01-2016),VicPark  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alliecat89 View Post
    Unfortunately PND isn't an excuse for verbally abusing your children.

If there is something else going on then the police/DOCS will help with social work/counsellors etc to help the mum with everything.

However if she has mental health problems that are causing this abuse, then that's not on and perhaps worse case scenario the child needs to be removed from her care for the CHILD's safety until mum is well enough to look after her appropriately.
    No one has said it is an excuse. It is a possible explanation as to what might be happening in the home and that it would be advisable to get help for the family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you suspect that a child is genuinely at risk of serious or immediate harm ring the police,
    If you suspect a child is st future risk of emotionally harm or neglect ring docs

When the mother is screaming at 3 am ring the police

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nemmi1987 For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    How has everything been OP? Did you end up reporting anything? Are you still concerned?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ended up calling the police the next day. She was yelling and called her daughter a *****. I didn't hear any more yelling or screaming after that, but we moved on the 15th. I hope everything has settled down now.