Closed Thread
Page 61 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 991
  1. #601
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    935
    Thanks
    425
    Thanked
    574
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heyside oh no the pred is awful. I haven't been on it myself but see what it does to the kids I work with. Many also end up with 'roid rage' as we call it. Hopefully you'll fee better soon. But I think Ivf makes your generally snappy and in a fowl mood. I noticed the same last year. Poor DP. It's just so emotionally draining.

    With the embies id say test them. But it's a hard decision. It'll give you a break in the meantime and who knows might save you another full stim cycle as some might be fine. Good luck with whatever you decide 🙂

  2. #602
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    950
    Thanks
    970
    Thanked
    541
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Heyside I'm so sorry to hear your BT result and the fact you have to appreciate that it won't drag out
    After others advice on here, I would probably test your embies but it's something for you to research and discuss with FS. I just hope you finally get some much deserved luck soon xoxo

    Keiko your post had me in tears! You are pregnant!! Us girls know the feeling of thinking we may never hear that, and when you do it's just amazing! I know how you feel regards funds. We are going public and everything has been great so far. The fewer scans are a shame but you only medically need those couple - and then you could just pay for 3d ones for excitement and peace of mind seeing as how much you'd pay for an OB anyway. I expect to be having another scan soon due to bub possibly not being in the right position for birth. But it might be nice to have the fuss of a private OB being your first bub. I have an amazing GP so I don't feel like I'm missing anything, plus I have an idea of what to expect after having DS10 and DD8. And the new Gold Coast hospital is all private rooms and your partner can stay! With all the debt Ivf brought us it was the only option for us. But I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you x

    We need a catch up soon ladies! Max Brenner sounds so appealing right now! 😜 x

    Tinachris so sorry you too are having a hard time and more waiting. If there was one thing IVF should have taught me - it was patience! But I'm still the least patient person in the world. May some positive news come your way soon x

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StillHopeful For This Useful Post:

    Keiko2012  (17-03-2016),Tinachris  (17-03-2016)

  4. #603
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,987
    Thanks
    2,694
    Thanked
    3,567
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tinachris - I was warned about the side effects of the prednisone being the increased appetite so was prepared for that but this anxiety has really shocked me, will find out if is is the prednisone soon as I drop down to 1/4 dose tomorrow. Thanks for the naturopath info hun, glad its helping you. Just had a friend talking to me about acupuncture this morning, have tried that once before but not sure if I should give it a go again?
    @Keiko2012 - Thanks for the info on the pred, at least its reasurring its not all been in my head. Have you decided how you will share your news this weekend hun?
    @StillHopeful - Thanks hun yes its awful when we have to find a positive in a negative result.

    We have made a decision last night to test our remaining embryos and think about a fresh cycle further down the line if we need it. So will have a few nail biting weeks as we wait for results but at least we will know where we stand.

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

    StillHopeful  (17-03-2016),Tinachris  (17-03-2016)

  6. #604
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    935
    Thanks
    425
    Thanked
    574
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck @Heyside. I am praying for some good results of your embies. Do you know how long it will take? Does it still take a month or do QFG have the quick turnover? I know one clinic it only takes a few days but I can't remember which? Very daunting process for sure.

    Yes the announcement is all in plan... I'm not sure how I feel about it still. I'm not as excited as DP as I'm still terrified it'll end badly. Since Easter is coming up we decided to blow out eggs, spray paint them gold ( the golden egg which I guess is true!) and put a tiny copy of our scan in it. Then get them to crack the egg. Well I haven't done anything- it's all on DP! He's just so so excited. I'm more apprehensive about it all. It still doesn't feel real!

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keiko2012 For This Useful Post:

    StillHopeful  (17-03-2016),Tinachris  (17-03-2016)

  8. #605
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    935
    Thanks
    425
    Thanked
    574
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StillHopeful View Post
    Heyside I'm so sorry to hear your BT result and the fact you have to appreciate that it won't drag out
    After others advice on here, I would probably test your embies but it's something for you to research and discuss with FS. I just hope you finally get some much deserved luck soon xoxo

    Keiko your post had me in tears! You are pregnant!! Us girls know the feeling of thinking we may never hear that, and when you do it's just amazing! I know how you feel regards funds. We are going public and everything has been great so far. The fewer scans are a shame but you only medically need those couple - and then you could just pay for 3d ones for excitement and peace of mind seeing as how much you'd pay for an OB anyway. I expect to be having another scan soon due to bub possibly not being in the right position for birth. But it might be nice to have the fuss of a private OB being your first bub. I have an amazing GP so I don't feel like I'm missing anything, plus I have an idea of what to expect after having DS10 and DD8. And the new Gold Coast hospital is all private rooms and your partner can stay! With all the debt Ivf brought us it was the only option for us. But I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you x

    We need a catch up soon ladies! Max Brenner sounds so appealing right now! 😜 x

    Tinachris so sorry you too are having a hard time and more waiting. If there was one thing IVF should have taught me - it was patience! But I'm still the least patient person in the world. May some positive news come your way soon x
    Wow private rooms at GC! You scored 😀👍🏻. Yay! Also great they let partners stay. Naw so soon!!!!!

    Yes we should all arrange another max Brenner catch up ladies- before the bubs arrive!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Keiko2012 For This Useful Post:

    StillHopeful  (17-03-2016)

  10. #606
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,987
    Thanks
    2,694
    Thanked
    3,567
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiko2012 View Post
    Good luck @Heyside. I am praying for some good results of your embies. Do you know how long it will take? Does it still take a month or do QFG have the quick turnover? I know one clinic it only takes a few days but I can't remember which? Very daunting process for sure.

    Yes the announcement is all in plan... I'm not sure how I feel about it still. I'm not as excited as DP as I'm still terrified it'll end badly. Since Easter is coming up we decided to blow out eggs, spray paint them gold ( the golden egg which I guess is true!) and put a tiny copy of our scan in it. Then get them to crack the egg. Well I haven't done anything- it's all on DP! He's just so so excited. I'm more apprehensive about it all. It still doesn't feel real!
    Wow @Keiko2012 I love that announcement you have planned, lots of thought gone into that. Enjoy the moment if you can understand you being apprehensive though unfortunately i spent my whole pregnancy like that with DD after infertility, best to take one step at a time.

    I was expecting the results of testing to take around 5 weeks but the nurse yesterday says in depends on how busy they are they have been coming back in 3-4 weeks recently so who knows.

  11. #607
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,375
    Thanks
    1,610
    Thanked
    3,652
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heyside I don't do acupuncture cause I don't think it works lol!! Mind you there's lots of other alternative stuff that I think does lol!! What's the worst you get out if it - I'm sure you'd be super relaxed after a treatment. I just don't believe it works..says the chick who takes flower essences lol😂

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

    Heyside  (17-03-2016)

  13. #608
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,375
    Thanks
    1,610
    Thanked
    3,652
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @stilhopeful thanks for the kind words. I'm a control Freak so it's hard to not be in control even after two cycles I want control lol 🤗

  14. #609
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,375
    Thanks
    1,610
    Thanked
    3,652
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Keiko2012 I think that's a great announcement idea! How cute!!!

  15. #610
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,987
    Thanks
    2,694
    Thanked
    3,567
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    @Heyside I don't do acupuncture cause I don't think it works lol!! Mind you there's lots of other alternative stuff that I think does lol!! What's the worst you get out if it - I'm sure you'd be super relaxed after a treatment. I just don't believe it works..says the chick who takes flower essences lol😂
    Hahaha 😂 I have to say I wasn't too impressed last time I went and it didn't do too much for me. Thinking I didn't give it a proper go though as only went once. A friend of mine has been raving about a lady she went to see though and I thought maybe I should give it a second try. I know DH will put me off when I bring it up with him though he thinks I fall for any trick in the book if I think it will give me a baby and truthfully I know its not as easy as that.


 

Similar Threads

  1. GP recommendations - Brisbane (preferably north Brisbane)
    By MrsBoots80 in forum First Trimester Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 23-02-2016, 15:27
  2. Brisbane IVF'ers 2015 #2
    By StillHopeful in forum IVF
    Replies: 1020
    Last Post: 11-01-2016, 10:58
  3. Brisbane IVF'ers 2015
    By Keiko2012 in forum IVF
    Replies: 1050
    Last Post: 17-09-2015, 18:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pebblebee
Parents spend hours looking for things they need NOW. The keys, the remote, darling daughter's treasured teddy. Stop wasting precious time looking & start finding with Bub Hub reviewed Pebblebee Smart Tag. Simply attach a Pebblebee and find it fast.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Sarah Tooke Childbirth & Parenting Education
Providing private, personalised antenatal childbirth & parenting education to expectant parents in the comfort of their own home. Sessions are flexible, including everything that hospital based programs cover. Click to find out more!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!