Closed Thread
Page 60 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heyside - if I was in your position, given your history, I'd test your existing ones for several reasons - it will avoid transfer of 3 embryos which might be abnormal and all the recovery time that goes with that ( I have avoided 5 hopeless transfers), it may tell you something about your embryo quality chromosomally speaking which could indicate a change in protocol for example and it gives you a rest from stims. The only thing is that you would be thawing, biopsying, refreezing and then thawing again for transfer if they tested normal - I think the double freeze and thaw carries that extra risk that the embryos may not survive it so you have to weigh that up against the advantages of testing them.

PGD testing is a nail biting procedure but on balance is probably less nail biting than transferring an untested embryo and then enduring the 2ww several times over.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks hun that's really helpful, I didn't realise some of the info you can gain can influence protocol for the future. Its the repeated thawing and freezing that worries me slightly, we have a lot to consider. I know it makes sense in theory but to do the testing but I worry this may be the end of our dreams somehow and we will have to come to terms with DD being an only child 😢

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Keiko2012, your post has made my day. Grow baby grow!

I'm also delivering at NWPH, and seeing an Ob privately. He is great but it is painfully expensive. Should have seen my face when i realised the pg mgmt fee didn't cover the subsequent antenatal visists. Eeeps!

We'll go public if we have another, i think.
    Last edited by MamaMell; 16-03-2016 at 12:11.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaMell For This Useful Post:

Keiko2012  (16-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside - I've read a lot of stuff about differing protocols to help quality of 'older' eggs and the chromosomal quality is the main issue. Dr Sher ( Las Vegas) writes a blog and a lot of articles about how your protocol including trigger can affect embryo quality, in particular the chromosomes.
    Last edited by Green lady; 16-03-2016 at 13:26.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Tinachris  (16-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow thanks @Green lady will look into that research, I have watched a few of Dr Shers videos in the past. I actually feel I have an anxiety issue at the moment (not just the ivf stuff) and little things in life seem to send me into a panic. I am thinking maybe this is effecting my eggs chromosomes and maybe the added cortisol in my body is effecting them. Trying to look into this also. Thanks for the info hun x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside - just google Dr Sher's blog and you will find all his recent articles. I posted a question about my protocol and he answers in a matter of hours! At least it gave me some questions to ask my FS about.

I also seem to be in a constant state of anxiety and go off my nut at things I never would have previously. I don't know if it's this whole IVF process that is doing it or not but I feel like I'm in a constant state of pms all month rather than just a few days every month lol. My DH has been very patient with me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (16-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @greenlady I just had a read of some of his articles, aren't they interesting, food for thought?? Thanks for the recommendation ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside I understand that feeling you experience. I am seeing a naturopath re anxiety, egg quality and for general ivf survival. I didn't want any more medications or Drs if that makes sense so I am seeing a naturopath for the first time ever. I can claim my visits on private health too. She's got me on some good prenatals that I take with wazza Supplements and flower essences. I also do body talk as well. Generally a positive experience for me. Just a suggestion X

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (16-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Tinachris I have to see 2 naturopaths in the past and its not quite right for me. I have heard it can work for lots of people though.

Just had a light bulb moment and realised that the prednisone could be adding to my anxiety after reading online. Will be interesting to see if the anxiety eases now I am easing off it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Tinachris  (16-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside no worries, just a suggestion. If you've tried two I wouldn't bother again, either. Yes, prednisone I frucking hate. I'm on it too. I've noticed I have an increased appetite and I'm puffy...anxiety wouldn't surprise me as a side affect either!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinachris For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (16-03-2016)