Closed Thread
Page 89 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Another one to test + one for the freezer is excellent Luv all things considered

Have they grown the rest of them out over the course of today or was that it when they called??
    @BlondeinBrisvegas - that's it. I guess they can only let them grow to a certain time on day 6 before they assess that they aren't freezeable. I didn't ask about the fourth blast but assume it wasn't of sufficient quality to freeze.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-01-2016),Blossom74  (21-01-2016),Summer  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Green lady - I think it is such a personal decision as to when to call it quits. That said you've still got a number of embies right now, so lets hope your bubba is in there and this discussion is redundant.

We only PGDed the last cycle - but it would appear it took 60 eggs to get a normal for us... You went higher FSH this cycle? I think @BlondeinBrisvegas went lower for her DD cycle - the great quantity/quality debate? I felt very down during #2, then #3 was better and by then I had booked to see Wazza. When we did cycle with Wazza we realised that we had had no hope with FS#1 (who apparently is the doctor's choice - maybe for obstetrics...?) and we now only count Wazza cycles. With Wazza we got better results for our first cycle with him than we had before and then better again with this last one. Some people get in very quickly with Wazza's cancellation list. That said, I know you really like your FS, so there might be no advantage in swapping and only you and DH know what is right for you guys.

for some great results this time with PGD.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-01-2016),Blossom74  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Green lady View Post
    @BlondeinBrisvegas - that's it. I guess they can only let them grow to a certain time on day 6 before they assess that they aren't freezeable. I didn't ask about the fourth blast but assume it wasn't of sufficient quality to freeze.
    If it's not good enough to freeze will they transfer it? I've had ETs (admittedly BFN) without any pessaries etc...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found this when I was googling something else. Anybody read it?

It Starts with the Egg: How the Science of Egg Quality Can Help You Get Pregnant Naturally, Prevent Miscarriage, and Improve Your Odds in IVF.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-01-2016),Blossom74  (21-01-2016),Lolly99  (21-01-2016),midnite01  (21-01-2016),winsor  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post
    @Green lady - I think it is such a personal decision as to when to call it quits. That said you've still got a number of embies right now, so lets hope your bubba is in there and this discussion is redundant.

We only PGDed the last cycle - but it would appear it took 60 eggs to get a normal for us... You went higher FSH this cycle? I think @BlondeinBrisvegas went lower for her DD cycle - the great quantity/quality debate? I felt very down during #2, then #3 was better and by then I had booked to see Wazza. When we did cycle with Wazza we realised that we had had no hope with FS#1 (who apparently is the doctor's choice - maybe for obstetrics...?) and we now only count Wazza cycles. With Wazza we got better results for our first cycle with him than we had before and then better again with this last one. Some people get in very quickly with Wazza's cancellation list. That said, I know you really like your FS, so there might be no advantage in swapping and only you and DH know what is right for you guys.

Yes, that's right, I went lower in Cycle 5. Cycle 4 was 650IU and Cycle 5 I told him I wanted to go down to 300IU (2x150IU..1 injection in the morning and 1 at night) which he was cool with me doing (plus I also requested Puregon instead of Gonal-F).

The last 2-3 days of stimming Wazza had me crank up the dosage to 400IU which I did
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 21-01-2016 at 18:46.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (21-01-2016),Green lady  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Well that's the thing.. The chemist told me they weren't on the PBS? I presumed that means no-one gets them any cheaper than that?? I don't honestly know a whole lot about how the PBS stuff works.. I'll have to call tomoro and just make sure he's ok with the crinone. Or I can ask him when I see him for my intrallipids.

You start progesterone before transfer don't you? I think I started crinone for like a day after EPU in my first cycle, But then stopped bcos wasn't transferring
    I think with a lot of fertility drugs there are special rules around what is PBS and what is not, depending on treatment (e.g. IVF vs FET) as well as medical conditions patient has. For example, I can get synarel any time because of my endo, but otherwise it's only when cycling - FS puts special authorisation on the bottom bit of the script explaining why I meet PBS conditions. I think with progesterone it is automatically PBS for IVF stim cycle, but maybe not FET? However if you have a particular condition then maybe the doctor can ring and get authorisation? So if you have proven low progesterone then you'd think they'd PBS it... It can also just be doctor saving time of ringing for authorisation... (I've had non-IVF doctors do that). Would your FS let you swap? FS#1 gave me a choice - you could just say that you've heard it is less irritating? Maybe google Medicare/PBS site and see if rules for each drug are explained?

Yep with Wazza I start 4.5 days before transfer, but I haven't done a FET with him, so maybe he'd start that earlier? (They wouldn't want Crinone in there for EPU.)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-01-2016),Blossom74  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gagingi View Post

@Gagingi - I agree. There is so much information on IVF to read it makes my head spin - quality versus quantity, what stimm drugs are best what trigger is best, it just goes on and on. I guess I've tried three variations now in stimms - 225 Gonal f, 225 menopur ( less eggs none normal) and now 300 menopur ( more eggs even than Gonal f 225 and menopur 225). I have thought about the alternating Gonal f and menopur which would be less lh which I know can be had for older eggs.

I agree, knowing your experience with FS1 that you should only count wazza cycles.. Fs1 didn't seem to be able to tailor your cycle or from memory try anything different. Your last cycle with two PGD normals should give you hope as your results are going in the right direction.

I know there's no real pattern and no two cycles are the same so I guess that's what keeps hope alive. I guess I will talk to my FS after the PGD results on this cycle.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-01-2016),Blossom74  (21-01-2016),Gagingi  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    Yes, that's right, I went lower in Cycle 5. Cycle 4 was 650IU and Cycle 4 I told him I wanted to go down to 300IU (2x150IU..1 injection in the morning and 1 at night) which he was cool with me doing (plus I also requested Puregon instead of Gonal-F).

The last 2-3 days of stimming Wazza had me crank up the dosage to 400IU which I did
    It's hard to work out...

The weird thing is that I was on 600 Gonal-F/Menopur the whole of my last cycle and that was our best. I got 14 eggs and at least 10 were mature. Really fast cycle that freaked me out a bit.

Previous cycle I was on 450 G-F/Menopur that he increased to 600 for last couple of days and I got 21 eggs and well less than 10 were mature. Plus it was normal length of stimming. So they should have cooked more slowly.
    @BlondeinBrisvegas why did you want Puregon over Gonal-F? I've always had G-F.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gagingi For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-01-2016),Green lady  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Precious40 View Post
    I'm on my phone so please bare with me
    my BT numbers were
    161 yesterday
    think I'm into week six or five. Def late implanter
    @Precious40, I really do hope that's the case hon.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-01-2016),Gagingi  (21-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    It is really draining hon. All the waiting for answers and expectation is just exhausting. I know how u feel. I had more eggs at EPU than my first cycle, had more fertilise, and ended up with one that couldn't be tested but was frozen & 2 for testing. My first cycle I at least got one PGD normal.

But I keep hoping that the untested one is special & that's why it couldn't be tested... That fate didn't want it being messed around with because it's perfect already!! SOOOOOO silly I know.. And not very scientific! But that's what I'm hoping. My FS said that you should expect 1 in 5 to be normal, so I keep hoping that little snow-baby was our 'normal' out of the 8 embryos this time. Maybe yours will be too.

I also think it's a great idea to see Dr Mooring. Truth be told I may even do that myself if I'm still not pregnant after our transfers. My Wazza appt is Sept, and I'll be close to 42 by then.

The fabulous thing is that at the moment you have 'Hope X 3' at a minimum, and maybe even a surprise or two by the end of the day. Hang in there
    @Charlie - I don't think it's silly. Not all of this stuff is scientific in my view. If it was purely scientific we'd all be pregnant by now! Hopefully you'll never need that Wazza sept appointment

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-01-2016),Charlie74  (21-01-2016),Gagingi  (21-01-2016)