Closed Thread
Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Juliemalooley sounds like you had a good appointment. My FS said they would give me iron infusions as pregnancy (hopefully) progresses. I thought maybe cause I was vegetarian but I realize she said this to me before she knew this so maybe it's a twin thing? Idn
    Fingers crossed for precious40! Hope no news is good news
    Great numbers green lady

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-01-2016),Blossom74  (11-01-2016),Precious40  (11-01-2016),Summer  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolly99 View Post
    Juliemalooley sounds like you had a good appointment. My FS said they would give me iron infusions as pregnancy (hopefully) progresses. I thought maybe cause I was vegetarian but I realize she said this to me before she knew this so maybe it's a twin thing? Idn
    Fingers crossed for precious40! Hope no news is good news
    Great numbers green lady
    The Dr today said that it was because of twins...

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-01-2016),Blossom74  (11-01-2016),Lolly99  (11-01-2016),Precious40  (11-01-2016),Summer  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There are many Drs overseas who do believe Ana and nk cells affect implantation/ongoing pregnancies.

I think fs here are just in the dark ages and don't want to pull their head out of the sand and read stuff, easy to just say unexplained!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-01-2016),Blossom74  (11-01-2016),Charlie74  (11-01-2016),JulieMalooley  (11-01-2016),Precious40  (11-01-2016),Summer  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiefsgirl View Post
    There are many Drs overseas who do believe Ana and nk cells affect implantation/ongoing pregnancies.

I think fs here are just in the dark ages and don't want to pull their head out of the sand and read stuff, easy to just say unexplained!
    And lets not forget that they make more money the more cycles we have to do.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-01-2016),Blossom74  (11-01-2016),Charlie74  (11-01-2016),Precious40  (11-01-2016),Summer  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry everyone, I didn't mean to do a "dump and run" and throw my issues out there and then ignore everyone! I was away from the computer pretty much all day Sunday and then had appointments all morning and just spent the last hour catching up on the thread Sorry for the long post!

@Tahli yes you are right I should know my body by now and with how I was doing prior to the Bell's I would think that if I continue to improve the way I have, then May is realistic. So DH will have to trust me on that, of course without unforeseen set backs. Funny you mention the Bell's and the chem pregnancy, I got AF on the 18th and got struck down badly by the virus that led to the Bell's on the 19th. So very close together - I looked at the stick earlier and I know they dry darker but there is a really clear line there so it was a chem.

@tuxcat I hear you about the rushing! I've felt that pressure ever since we first started trying and I did deliberately slow down as everyone said I was too stressed that's why I was miscarrying (bullsh!t), and all that did was lose me my business which caused even more stress! So now I feel like I'm in a reasonable balance but I don't want to waste time. Getting well though is important, but I'm really focused on that so I expect mid-year I will definitely be well enough to have a baby.

@Gagingi thanks for your thoughts - and I think my DH is likely a bit similar to yours - he can't stand the thought of me being unwell and has not wanted anything to do with IVF as it upsets him. He could never watch me inject or anything like that, so I think you're right that these issues are playing a role in his behaviour at the moment. I do see a great therapist, so I'm pretty happy that I'm finally getting past the grief and am getting proactive again about the options I've got to move forward. But sorting DH and I out is another thing and we'll be doing counseling together for that.

@Caesardust I appreciate your thoughts and that is definitely the track I've been on. I got so sick and toxic with all the meds last year that I stopped in July and have been working on my health ever since. So I have a GP, integrated doctor, FS, naturopath, chiropractor, therapist, and I'm always adding on other modalities like emotional clearing and even the more spiritual side of things. I've done juice fasts, colonics and bucket loads of supplements, and am now gluten free, dairy free and only eating whole foods. I was definitely getting results, but then the virus and the Bell's thing knocked me sideways again. I am recovering pretty quickly though, so fingers crossed I just keep on moving forward.

@Charlie74 that is really interesting about your friend and how she had time off from IVF but decided on one more DE cycle after getting healthy with her DP - how brilliant that it worked out for her, she must be so happy! I think DH is a little like you said, he doesn't want to see me go through the ups and downs and heartbreak again. I wish he just expressed that a bit differently!

@Bongley I think a plan really helps - it takes the stress of the unknown down a few notches to think that there is something to work towards. We will sort it out I'm sure.

Sorry if I missed anyone!

AFM I see that I missed out on crayfish and cherry slice!!! Looks fantastic!

Anyway, I have been very quiet and reserved with DP and last night we had a talk and I said that I want to see a commitment from him to learn how to communicate better with me, as the way he is going about things is destroying our relationship. I said that I don't want to be in a marriage where I dread date night because I'm going to end up crying my eyes out because my husband can't have a normal conversation with me. I said I'm doing everything I can to be physically, emotionally and mentally well, so I need to see effort from him. I said we'd talk about it with the counselor, but he may need some sessions on his own to work through his stuff. He was really, really good about hearing me, and he apologised and we talked through a few things so I feel much better about where we are at now, and I think we will work through it successfully with the counselor.

What a huge few days... Thank you everyone for your feedback and support. It kept me on track so that I didn't get so overwhelmed with emotion and could look at it from different points of view and be more level-headed and balanced when talking to DH.
    Thank you support crew!! You rock!

PS. Please don't quote this one, we'll take up all the space on BH and crash the server with my stupidly long posts!
    Last edited by Summer; 11-01-2016 at 15:00.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (12-01-2016),BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-01-2016),Blossom74  (11-01-2016),Gagingi  (11-01-2016),JulieMalooley  (11-01-2016),Petal40  (11-01-2016),Precious40  (11-01-2016),tuxcat  (11-01-2016),winsor  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JulieMalooley View Post
    It fascinates me how many FS's don't believe in these immune issues. You can't tell me that after 10 of my own, 5 from first donor and then 2 'fantastic' embies from second donor failing, then suddenly 2 'ok' embies stick on the one go on the ONLY cycle that I took the prednisone/clexane/aspirin/intralipids for - that these drugs didn't help me.
    Ok, I had high anti nuclear antibodies (which aren't supposed to cause a problem) and don't know if I had NK cells (which supposedly don't exist) so the drugs shouldn't have made a difference. My GP, FS, old IVF clinic and FS at CFC all said these two things would not cause issues. Yet look where I find myself now.

In my opinion either:
    a. High ANA DO cause issues with implantation OR
    b. NK cells DO exist.

One or the other, or even both, who knows. I absolutely believe 100% that I would not be UTD now if not for those extra drugs. I'm suss on the ANA being the issue rather than NK cells, but who knows.

Maybe the prednisone, being a steroid, gave the little embies extra get-up-and-go too. If I knew the answer I'd be a gazillionaire !!
    Totally agree with you. Just through this forum we've all seen too many success stories similar to yours to dismiss it out of hand. There is definitely something positive happening, so let's hope the doctors figure it out and make it the standard approach in cases where it is warranted.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-01-2016),Blossom74  (11-01-2016),JulieMalooley  (11-01-2016),Nana56  (13-01-2016),Precious40  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    glad to hear you had a good chat with your DP, Summer. sounds positive. I hope the counseling with you both helps too

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-01-2016),Blossom74  (11-01-2016),Precious40  (11-01-2016),Summer  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad things are on the up for you @Summer. All sounds promising..

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evidence through sufficient clinical trials. I think its unfair to say many of them don't care, some Dr's will go beyond whats proven and take risks others will not use a protocol unless they believe theres enough evidence (through proper scientific trials) to do so. Theres risks to all of this stuff and that has to be taken into account too.

None of us know what has worked in the end for those lucky to get UTD and stay there, thats the problem with all this!! So many elements in the equation..Yes it is interesting to see that after so many transfers DE included @JulieMalooley finally has had success, theres no doubt it makes you wonder and it could well be the drugs, we will never know.

What works for one person isn't necessarily the answer for someone else.

just sayin'

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-01-2016),Blossom74  (11-01-2016),Bongley  (11-01-2016),JulieMalooley  (11-01-2016),Precious40  (11-01-2016),Summer  (11-01-2016),winsor  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @JulieMalooley that must've been a wonderful sight to see. Super jelly! Enjoy every moment you can (that's not filled with uncomfortableness)
    @Precious40 have you any news yet????? Hope the beach calmed you a bit.
    @Charlie74 I'm seeing dr NL in a min so I'll find out more about the intralipids and let you know.

Afm I'm officially cycling. Day 1 today but clinic counts it as tomorrow. Here we go again!! Number 6 so according to that article I have a few left to do.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Caesardust For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-01-2016),Blossom74  (11-01-2016),Charlie74  (11-01-2016),JulieMalooley  (11-01-2016),Precious40  (11-01-2016),Summer  (11-01-2016),tuxcat  (11-01-2016)