Closed Thread
Page 15 of 114 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @Summer Unfortunately I need to come up with $7300 for the first installment just to see if I can produce more than 2 follicles. And if I do go to EPU another $3500. Plus what ever the meds will cost and $350 for intrallipids and whatever Dr M throws at the cycle. That's alot of moula!! I'd be at least $6,500 OOP. I'd need to plead with my ex for more money pre property settlement and I'm not sure he'd agree.
    In my head, it's a little bit silly that it's 'cheaper' ($3,000 OOP) to fly over to CT for a DE FET than it is to do a stim cycle on home soil.
    I'm going to wait for my apt with LB tomorrow then I'll have a clearer picture.
    But that desire to do one more OE cycle has never left.
    How does your DH feel about a March OE cycle if he doesn't think your healthy enough for a May DE cycle? It must be so tricky for you.

The cost of the meds are the least of your worries love. I found them to be surprisingly cheap. The other day I got 10 Gonal-F pens for $37 total, 1 Ovidrel Pen for $37, and seven Orgalutran injections for $37 total. Clomid is cheap as chips too.

@Tahli, can I ask you a really stupid question? You and your ex seem to have a pretty reasonable relationship and he has been accommodating of your financial situation re IVF. Is there any chance at all he would consider donating some sperm? Even if you drew up a contract stating he would not be financially responsible for the child, it might give you an option to be able to try naturally (well, as naturally as you can with a turkey baster) in between CT trips etc.

It sounds more stupid after I've written it down. Sorry!

Blossom

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-01-2016),Precious40  (12-01-2016),Summer  (12-01-2016),Tahli  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And the stupid questions keep on coming

Just wondering if anyone else considers adoption to be an option for them?

I was always under the impression you had to be under a certain age to do it? Is there even an adoption system in Australia, and is it possible to adopt a baby (as opposed to adopting an older child)?

Blossom

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-01-2016),Precious40  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @Summer Unfortunately I need to come up with $7300 for the first installment just to see if I can produce more than 2 follicles. And if I do go to EPU another $3500. Plus what ever the meds will cost and $350 for intrallipids and whatever Dr M throws at the cycle. That's alot of moula!! I'd be at least $6,500 OOP. I'd need to plead with my ex for more money pre property settlement and I'm not sure he'd agree.
    In my head, it's a little bit silly that it's 'cheaper' ($3,000 OOP) to fly over to CT for a DE FET than it is to do a stim cycle on home soil.
    I'm going to wait for my apt with LB tomorrow then I'll have a clearer picture.
    But that desire to do one more OE cycle has never left.
    How does your DH feel about a March OE cycle if he doesn't think your healthy enough for a May DE cycle? It must be so tricky for you.
    Oh wow, didn't realise you had to come up with the funds up front to get going with the OE cycle I just know from mine that it cost for the drugs and the appointments, but each time I cancelled EPU and there was no cost - but if it does work for you, then yep, you've got to come up with the funds really quickly... Hmmmm... It will be good to see what LB says tomorrow and come up with a plan.
    @Blossom74 I don't think that was a stupid question, I actually thought the same about Tahli and having a full sibling, so you weren't the only one!

I haven't said anything to my DH about a March cycle. We talked about his behaviour etc, but I'm leaving the IVF / DE conversation to get started with the counselor. So we won't talk about it again until we're there. I want someone to be able to interpret and manage the emotions in the room rather than keep going by ourselves at this stage.

But I'm actually feeling really good, so I know without a doubt that I'll be fine to do one last go in March and then move on to DE. I have a plan!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-01-2016),Blossom74  (12-01-2016),Precious40  (12-01-2016),Tahli  (12-01-2016),winsor  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post

I was always under the impression you had to be under a certain age to do it? Is there even an adoption system in Australia, and is it possible to adopt a baby (as opposed to adopting an older child)?

Blossom
    Hi hon,

Great timing as this is something I've been motivated to look into as well.

I met a lady a while ago who had spent 15 years trying to have a child. Numerous IVF attempts, several miscarriages and one stillbirth at 38 weeks. At age 44 went on the adoption list for Columbia but the rules changed and after five years they weren't getting anywhere so changed to the Phillipines. They had to start again, so the wait could have been up to 3 years and because of her age (49) they were only allowed to have a child over 8 years old. Just this weekend she posted a photo of her new family, they welcomed a little boy into their home - and that took just over one year. I thought he looked about 6 or 7 but he must be 8 if that is the rule.

In Aus she said you can adopt, but normally you will have to foster first and eventually be able to adopt, but no guarantees. You can adopt a younger child in Australia, but I'm not sure what the age of the parents needs to be for the cut off for babies or young children here or overseas.

I have to say, when I saw that photo I knew immediately that adoption is on our path, even with an older child. When I was a kid I wanted a rainbow family and to adopt half a dozen children, and now I'm really clear that's what I need to do. DH has always been keen to adopt, so regardless of having our own, we will get started on the adoption process ASAP. I don't think you are allowed to apply if you are still trying to have a child, so I have to figure that out, but HELL YEAH our application will be going in to the Phillipines as soon as possible.

Edit: The only thing that concerns me about adoption is the religious aspect. I am strongly Agnostic and I notice that most places that deal with adoption services are religious based. I don't want to have to join a church and show up every week to something I have absolutely no belief in, just to be able to adopt a child.
    Last edited by Summer; 12-01-2016 at 08:38.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-01-2016),Blossom74  (12-01-2016),JulieMalooley  (12-01-2016),Precious40  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Blossom
    When adopting the youngest parent must under 45, all adoptions are open adoptions, basically the biological parent chooses who gets their child, you could on the database for years or weeks and parents must have some form of access to the child.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MissDa For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-01-2016),Blossom74  (12-01-2016),Caesardust  (12-01-2016),Precious40  (12-01-2016),winsor  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    Girls at Monash, when u do a stim cycle did u get a bit of paper afterwards titled 'IVF sciences report-Hawthorn' (or might not say hawthorn of course if it was elsewhere).

I got one of these after our first cycle in July.. But I haven't gotten one for our November cycle. It's very detailed, gives loads of info about the cycle, eg starting FSH dose, maximum oestrogen, date & time of trigger, endometrial phase, oocyte collection number, time of EPU,

Then partners details eg, volume of sample, concentration, motility, how many eggs inseminated, failed, fertilised.

And then an individual oocyte/embryo report. Which details every days progress for every single embryo. With codes telling you what all the abbreviations mean.

Basically it's all the important info about your EPU, Sperm sample & resulting embryos. It also tells me that on day if EPU my lining was still only bloody 5mm thick.

It says down the very bottom in tiny letters 'forward to clinician'. I'm wondering whether we were meant to be sent it?? ������
    But regardless I've just emailed my nurse to ask for the report for November!
    @Charlie74 - I'm with Monash in Brisbane and I don't get that report - my FS gets it and he shows it to me on his computer screen and goes through it but I've never been given a copy ( but I haven't asked for it either as would drive myself nuts with googling every detail and comparing cycles).

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-01-2016),Blossom74  (12-01-2016),Charlie74  (12-01-2016),Gagingi  (12-01-2016),Precious40  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDa View Post
    When adopting the youngest parent must under 45, all adoptions are open adoptions, basically the biological parent chooses who gets their child, you could on the database for years or weeks and parents must have some form of access to the child.
    Is that in Australia only? From my understanding older parents can foster leading to adoption, but they may only have an older child, not a baby.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-01-2016),Blossom74  (12-01-2016),Precious40  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Charlie74 - your stats are very similar to mine. My FS told me the dhea was most beneficial for those with a low ovarian reserve and hence didn't recommend it for me as my AMH is good . However I have read a lot about it being beneficial for quality as well and since I have proven crappy quality eggs, I do wonder if it would actually benefit me. I keep forgetting to look at all my previous blood test reports to see what my testosterone levels were before I started IVF, but of course they could have changed since those tests were done in Oct 2014.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Green lady For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-01-2016),Blossom74  (12-01-2016),Caesardust  (12-01-2016),Charlie74  (12-01-2016),Precious40  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDa View Post

I'm not evolved enough to be agreeable to that. And adoption is officially off the table for us.....

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-01-2016),Precious40  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not evolved enough to be agreeable to that. And adoption is officially off the table for us.....
    What about international adoption? Is that an option?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summer For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-01-2016),Blossom74  (12-01-2016),Precious40  (12-01-2016)