@Charlie74 that info sounds great. From my clinic when i was actually going to change clinics and not tell them i received a patient scientific report which set out info such as how many eggs maturity fertilisation and sperm results. I found it useful to pass on info to dr m recently.
Caesardust it sounds like a good one and I'll be putting something similar together myself for this year! Great plan, great outlook and something to really work towards knowing that you've got the next step sorted each time.
And yes, yes, yes! to your rant - I'm so over this male dominated society, it really needs to change - and you are spot on. How hard is it to reduce the cost of childcare and ivf? It's not like they are great with the budget anyway, wasting billions on things they don't need to, so why can't they figure the basics out?
Last edited by Summer; 12-01-2016 at 07:34.
Tahli I totally understand the desire to go back and see if you can do something with your own eggs. If that's all it's going to cost and it fits in with your potential CT schedule then why not? At least you won't always wonder. That's what I'm going to do probably in March now to give myself more time to recover from this virus / Bell's. I've never even gotten to EPU as I only have produced one main follie even on 600 units, but I feel like I have to have one more go and do something a bit different just so I can put my mind at rest that I did everything possible with my own eggs. I'm on a mega health program right now that is getting results, so by March my eggies should be the best they're going to be!
@Summer Unfortunately I need to come up with $7300 for the first installment just to see if I can produce more than 2 follicles. And if I do go to EPU another $3500. Plus what ever the meds will cost and $350 for intrallipids and whatever Dr M throws at the cycle. That's alot of moula!! I'd be at least $6,500 OOP. I'd need to plead with my ex for more money pre property settlement and I'm not sure he'd agree.
In my head, it's a little bit silly that it's 'cheaper' ($3,000 OOP) to fly over to CT for a DE FET than it is to do a stim cycle on home soil.
I'm going to wait for my apt with LB tomorrow then I'll have a clearer picture.
But that desire to do one more OE cycle has never left.
How does your DH feel about a March OE cycle if he doesn't think your healthy enough for a May DE cycle? It must be so tricky for you.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!