+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Ah gawd.... Be careful. Don't put anymore money into a place you can be turfed out of at any moment (if the owners sell, say they need to move back in etc. I would be extra cautious considering the recent shady happenings.

Spend the $10,000 on a family holiday to Hawaii not making the resale value on someone else's property better!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

alliecat89  (15-01-2016),ChatlotteA  (15-01-2016),DesperatelySeekingSleep  (15-01-2016),Ngaiz  (15-01-2016),PomPoms  (16-01-2016),turquoisecoast  (15-01-2016),Wise Enough  (16-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    Well we are at the beginning of a 2 year one. So even that is manageable.
    Ahh I see. I didn't know there were 2 year leases.
    I understand where you're coming from, you're living there and want the place to be nice

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

DT75  (16-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We agreed to pay half of the aircon as there was none, and we wanted it.
    That makes more sense about the aircon guy coming quickly to do a quote.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Is this legal?

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Ah gawd.... Be careful. Don't put anymore money into a place you can be turfed out of at any moment (if the owners sell, say they need to move back in etc. I would be extra cautious considering the recent shady happenings.

Spend the $10,000 on a family holiday to Hawaii not making the resale value on someone else's property better!
    I didn't think an owner could terminate a lease unless the tenants had damaged the house or not paid the rent etc... Are there any real estate agents on there? Sorry I'd like to know for my own purposes. I want to sell a house (without the tenants in it) and assumed I had to wait until the tenants' lease was up.

And more worryingly there is a home open tomorrow for the house I'm renting and I don't want to get kicked out.

So basically I want to kick my tenants out but don't want my landlord to kick me out. Oh god I'm selfish.
    Last edited by babyno1onboard; 15-01-2016 at 20:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I was sitting having breakfast in the lounge and glance out the window and see a woman walk down our drive to the backyard.
    Kids are out the back so I go around the front so as not to startle them and there is a man and little girl on the porch.
    Says he is the owner and want to "look around".

I said "Oh noone notified us that you were coming. Does the agent know? I have two kids here so it's not the best time."

He said sorry, asked how long we had been here and left.

Kids are freaked out as a strange woman wandered into "our" yard while they were playing.

Text H and he just said "hmm be nice they are the owners".
    I get that, I was nice. But surely this isn't ok??

As far as I know, if you are renting, even the landlords have to give notice to enter the property.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    I didn't think an owner could terminate a lease unless the tenants had damaged the house or not paid the rent etc... Are there any real estate agents on there? Sorry I'd like to know for my own purposes. I want to sell a house (without the tenants in it) and assumed I had to wait until the tenants' lease was up.
    They can ask.

I've heard of owners paying for the tenant's removalist's costs etc to sweeten the deal.

I know a friend bought a tenanted unit fully furnished and ended up letting the tenants keep the furniture to be able to get them out before the lease was up.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to alliecat89 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (15-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Is this legal?

You can't give the tenants notice if you choose to sell but they can legally break the lease if you do sell - the only way to evict a tenant on a current lease is if they have broken the lease ( rent arrears /damage ect )

OP - if you are agreeing to pay for 1/2 air con I would get quotes yourself first , don't rely on their quotes only - did you tell the air con guy they sent down you were paying for half and to give 2 invoices?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (15-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where do you live? Could you just get one of those portable air cons? They work pretty well! If you're somewhere south you only need it short term anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    You can't give the tenants notice if you choose to sell but they can legally break the lease if you do sell - the only way to evict a tenant on a current lease is if they have broken the lease ( rent arrears /damage ect )

OP - if you are agreeing to pay for 1/2 air con I would get quotes yourself first , don't rely on their quotes only - did you tell the air con guy they sent down you were paying for half and to give 2 invoices?

We have, and yes two invoices.

It IS portable, yes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm only new here and haven't posted much but must say I'm very surprised at how many people are trying to tell the OP what she 'should' be doing. She is obviously comfortable spending that amount of money on the rental so good on her. OP I hope you don't feel you need to justify your actions to anyone.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jna99 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (16-01-2016),DT75  (16-01-2016),Olive Oil  (16-01-2016)