+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    They need to give a date and time/time slot in writing with minium 24 hours but normally 7 days notice.

Please ring your real estate as this nit normal and it needs to sorted. Make sur you tell the real estate agent that there unexpected visit has up set your child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    As others have said, this is not legal.

Please call your real estate agent so they can check if it was in fact the owners. If it was, the property manager needs to remind them of the laws. If it wasn't, you will know to call the police and report it.

That's really not okay. I had a friend who had a landlord who overstepped boundaries like this on numerous occasions, despite warnings (he caused her family so much stress she moved). I've never had a landlord do this in all my years of renting. Most of them respect the laws and would never do this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So not on. No notice, just wandering in? That's bad form. Like others have said, ring the agent and complain. Very rude of them on both counts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks ladies, I have sent an email to the agent, as they never answer the phone but are very prompt with emails.

Really annoyed at this- not just because it will mean countless nights of "sweetie you are safe i promise", but who does this?
    Probably thought we wouldn't be home.

H was there last week when agent was looking at mould and said she tried to turn it into an inspection but he basically told her to eff off.... how hard is it to stick to giving notice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with all the other responses, please call the real estate agent. I'd be telling them your concerns as it's not appropriate to think they can turn up at anytime & look around. That's not on. I would say the real estate would want to know so they can pull them on about it too as it's not right.

Plus what if they weren't the owners? I wouldn't want to be letting anyone in even if they did claim to be the owners. Surely if they wanted to see the property they could wait until the next inspection date & accompany the real estate agent.

Good luck, I really hope it doesn't happen again

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

DT75  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We recently had a guy get into our back yard. Lucky for us we have 2 big dogs and they attacked him, he managed to get away and run off. Reported it to the police and this guy was apparently entering peoples yards and homes and if they saw him he'd give them some line about how he was the owner and was just checking out some maintenance issue. A few people called him on it as they WERE the owner! He'd then run off. Took the police all day to catch him.

So yeah, my point is, who knows who the hell these people were! Yes, chances are they were owners, but there is a reason the regulations around notice periods exist! Otherwise anyone could rock up and say they were the owners and gain access to the house.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (11-01-2016),DT75  (11-01-2016),MissMuppet  (11-01-2016),~Marigold~  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a landlord and even though the renters we currently have are friends I wouldn't even think of showing up unannounced.
    I always make sure I give as much notice as possible and get permission before going over.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jayteapot For This Useful Post:

DT75  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely not ok or legal! They must give you notice. 7 days at minimum. Owners or not doesn't mean that they can be busy bodies & look into your yard.
    Like others have said, how are you to know they are the actual owners? You have 2 young children playing in the backyard (who are obviously very shaken up) they could of got out & wandered off or anything. At the very least they should of knocked at the door & introduced themselves & explained what their intentions were.
    Glad you contacted the real estate. I hope they get back to you soon. In my opinion, even if they were the owners i would be making a formal complaint against them!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Shells85 For This Useful Post:

DT75  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    except for emergency repair or genuinely believe the place has been abandoned a ll can not enter the property without notifying you

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Nemmi1987 For This Useful Post:

DT75  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great advice already. Make sure the real estate agent contacts the owner to confirm it was the owner who attended. You need to ascertain it was the owner otherwise you'll need to consider a police report.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

DT75  (11-01-2016)