+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2 to 3 kids :)

Evening,

I have a DS#1 2yr8month old and a DS#2 almost 12 months old... And I think I want one more (not for another year or so though)

The problem I face is hubby is saying he's done and I feel judged from my family (brother especially) that thinks having more than 2 babies is silly, greedy and that these days 2 children is more than enough. So, I'm worried about what he would think (as well as the other factors).

If you have/having 3, what made you make that decision? I'm assuming it's hard work which I'm ok with (having one baby is hard work)...

Also 2nd part to the question if your partner didn't want anymore babies how did you deal with that / what happened? (Whether it's 1 to 2 or more)

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pregnant with our third. He's always wanted three, I've wanted four so I guess we'll be in that situation in a couple of years.
    My two kids are great and if I couldn't have any more I'd still count myself lucky but our family just doesn't feel complete yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't help re hubbie not wanting no. 3, but some of my reasons for having three- what if something happened to one of my two children? The remaining child would be an only child. I know a family like this. What if my two children only have two children each? I want more than four grandchildren! What if my two children don't get on? My dh had a lonely childhood because of this. But the main reason for three was that two children still didn't feel like a "full" enough family for me. Some are perfectly happy with one or none, but
    me three was full.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 4 children & lucky for me I didn't have to talk hubby into it. He always wanted a big family so I can't help with how you go about convincing your husband but what made me want more then 2 is I didn't feel content. I just knew I wanted another baby. After number 3 I felt content enough but in the back of my mind I always thought "what if?" Sure enough number 4 came along and I am done. My heart is full & I am content with my beautiful kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dh and I have always mutually agreed on 3, so that was never an issue. We wanted our kids to have more than one sibling, probably because that is what we both had growing up. Dh would actually probably go for a fourth, but I am definitely done at 3.

our third is only 9 weeks old but so far it hasn't been nearly as bad as everyone warned me about having a third. I have actually found it quite easy *touch wood!*. I almost don't want to say that out loud and jinx myself.. But really, it's not too bad at all.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry but I just have to say, who cares what your brother thinks! How is it any of his business how many kids you have? How does you having a third impact on him? And saying having 3 is "greedy" is just stupid. They are people, not slices of cake. Wow.
    Aside from that, I have never really felt "finished" having kids (I have two) but then again, for me personally I'd have another every two years if it were possible, lol..so not sure if I'd ever feel content or "done" because I love having babies a bit too much 😃

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (11-01-2016),KitiK  (11-01-2016),LoveLivesHere  (11-01-2016),Munchkin004  (11-01-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Who gives a flying frig about what your brother thinks. He's not raising them.

I can't help with your hubby. It's something you have to work out together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I agree with the above post...who gives a f@ck what your brother thinks! If you are have two, you might as well have another.

I have two girls from my previous marriage, aged 8 & 11. I have been with my partner now for 2 years and we weren't planning on having kids for quite some time but it only took once of being careless and boom, I am 31 weeks pregnant with my third, his first. We were shocked at first, but now we are both stoked. Ultimately, your husband has to be open to the idea but maybe he might come around to it...just don't nag him otherwise it might put him right off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You and hubby need to agree to 3... but tell your brother to go jump!

We have 3 and are in negotiations on the #4. IMO the number of kids you have is based on what you can afford and what you and your partner agree upon.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

turquoisecoast  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have 3 when in the beginning it was only meant to be 2. DS1 was probably 3 when I first thought about having another and I sat down with DH and calmly told him my reasons and feelings for wanting another and told him to think about it and a few days later he told me after considering everything if I was sure then let's try again. My family were against us having a 3rd but that was due to complications in previous pregnancies then when I had miscarriages they were even more concerned but I told them flat out it was our decision and in the end they were supportive and said just the other day they couldn't imagine life without DS2