+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Clomid/Serophene/Clomiphene

I have been put on Clomphene this cycle. I thought it was something other than Clomid but apparently Clomid just has a few different names.

I am looking for some success stories but also some realistic 'this is what happened' stories if you were on Clomid (or if your sister was, or your cousin, or your best friends sisters best friend!). What dose? How many months? Why did you need Clomid?

I need to keep myself occupied because I have this overwhelming 'this is the month' and I am trying to prepare myself for it to be a month where we have more of a chance rather than have a complete and total meltdown if it doesn't happen.

Thanks!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    First month I didn't really have any side effects, got a bfp but then early mc. Second cycle I had horrible side effects and was really sick. I ended up getting a bfp again and I'm now 8 weeks.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

sprinkelle  (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am currently on my 2nd cycle using clomid to try and conceive my third bubba. I have had 3 pregnancies and 2 successful pregnancies using clomid. My oldest was conceived after 7 cycles, i then fell pregnant on my 1st cycle (18mths later) trying to conceive my 2nd but unfortunately mc and then the 3rd pregnancy I conceived on the 6th cycle . Both my successful pregnancies were in months where I didn't think it was going to work with lack of trying, it can be such a stressful time for both you and your partner so I can't stress enough to try and relax x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lavelley For This Useful Post:

sprinkelle  (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sprinkelle,

I was put on a low dose of Clomid (25mg). Was lucky to have no side effects at all.

We fell pregnant on our fifth cycle and I'm now 28 weeks pregnant with twins!

Good luck with your journey - it's not easy when you have to jump hurdles but am sure there will be a bub just around the corner for you!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shoequeen82 For This Useful Post:

sprinkelle  (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I start my clomid on Wednesday

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Clomid 1st cycle

I took my first cycle of clomid (50mg) this month. I was due to ovulate a few days ago but it didn't happen. My scan showed a thin uterus lining (4cm) and I only had one good 14 size follie on my right ovary. My doctor was hoping my body would have a better response . She increased my dosage to 100 mg this month so we'll see . The side effects I have are terrible gas .

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't have any side effects to Clomid. First dosage was 50mg, we did that for 5 months BFN. 6th month same dosage BFP, blighted ovum. 7th month BFP still on 50mg = DS.

Goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I just did my first cycle with Serophene 50mg days 3-7. I need it because I have PCOS and highly irregular cycles. I fell pregnant on the first cycle with that dose but am currently miscarrying.
    Side effects for me were hot flushes, sweats and some intense mood swings.
    Good luck to you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I start my first cycle of Serophene in 4 days!
    Feeling hopeful!