+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    2,383
    Thanked
    2,071
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have no idea about custody and such, as my exhusband sees the kids about once a month and we have a good relationship because of the children. Your ex sounds like a douchebag who just sounds like he wants to make your life hell. You are doing the right thing by doing your research, and yes, be glad you don't have to live with the ********* anymore! Good on you for being strong!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,508
    Thanks
    27,455
    Thanked
    13,877
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMetal View Post
    also, if he takes me to court and I get legal aid I won't have to pay anything will I??

    No I don't think you would pay if represented by legal aide, but like other posters have said - you want to get your name in early so they represent you and not him. Maybe give them a call and give them the head's up that you are anticipating an issue.


    Blossom

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    3,508
    Thanks
    27,455
    Thanked
    13,877
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMetal View Post
    thankyou!

    He just has no idea, he really doesn't.
    I am just so glad that I don't have to live with him and deal with him on a daily basis anymore haha!

    Yes You will still have to deal with him fairly regularly though. Most child visitation orders also contain clauses protecting both parent's right to contribute towards important decisions for the child - things like education, medical treatment, where the child can live etc. You might not be together but you will still have to parent together.



    Blossom
    Last edited by Blossom74; 10-01-2016 at 16:20.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

    binnielici  (10-01-2016)

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    2,499
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchbundle View Post
    I have no idea about custody and such, as my exhusband sees the kids about once a month and we have a good relationship because of the children. Your ex sounds like a douchebag who just sounds like he wants to make your life hell. You are doing the right thing by doing your research, and yes, be glad you don't have to live with the ********* anymore! Good on you for being strong!
    haha thanks, yes he can't handle the fact that I've ended it and that he can't control me anymore or check up on me every second of the day... (Yes he would stalk me in our own home)
    i think he likes to threaten in hopes I will go back to him!

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    390
    Thanks
    686
    Thanked
    239
    Reviews
    0
    My ex had a child before our newborn, at mediation (which took months to sort out) he got unsupervised 3 hour visits a few days a week of our 3 month old because he an infanr

    If an agreement isn't reached at mediation court would be next which will also take months. By that stage your baby maybe 6-12 months old and he'd likely get 3-4 hourly visits 2-3 days a week

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    390
    Thanks
    686
    Thanked
    239
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by believa View Post
    Make sure you contact Legal Aid. They'll only represent one of you, so just make sure your name is in their books first.
    Not 100% true, legal aid lawyers themselves will only represent one party but some private lawyers work with legal aid funding to represent you, my ex and I payed nothing to sort out his hissy fit as both of us had legal aid funding, himself with the legal aid lawyer and myself with a legal aid funded private lawyer

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nemmi1987 For This Useful Post:

    SSecret Squirrel  (10-01-2016)

  9. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    2,499
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi1987 View Post
    My ex had a child before our newborn, at mediation (which took months to sort out) he got unsupervised 3 hour visits a few days a week of our 3 month old because he an infanr

    If an agreement isn't reached at mediation court would be next which will also take months. By that stage your baby maybe 6-12 months old and he'd likely get 3-4 hourly visits 2-3 days a week
    Because he what sorry?

    what time of the day were the visits and were they same set days each week?

    as long as I have routine and set time/day then I don't have a problem, my other kids thrive on their routine and I don't want that stuffed up just to suit him to come and go when he pleases.

  10. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    2,499
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    also, if it went to court and we got court orders, what would happen if he couldn't make one of his visits, what would happen then?

  11. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    390
    Thanks
    686
    Thanked
    239
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMetal View Post
    Because he what sorry?

    what time of the day were the visits and were they same set days each week?

    as long as I have routine and set time/day then I don't have a problem, my other kids thrive on their routine and I don't want that stuffed up just to suit him to come and go when he pleases.
    Infant, set times set days and a 15 minute past time limit,
    He was responsible for pick up from me and I him.

  12. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    2,499
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked
    11
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmi1987 View Post
    Infant, set times set days and a 15 minute past time limit,
    He was responsible for pick up from me and I him.
    ok thanks, just not sure how this would work as he lives 1 hour away from me now. and his working hours and days vary


 

Similar Threads

  1. Family court question
    By Jodes86 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30-04-2015, 13:25
  2. 8 year old threatening to lie to the police to get me into trouble
    By Freyamum in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 24-03-2015, 15:31

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Nice Pak Products
Australian Made and Owned. The Baby U Goat Milk Skincare range is enriched with soothing goats milk sourced from country, Victoria. Goat's milk has a pH level close to that of our own skin and contains natural sources of amino acids and vitamins.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Be In Blossom
We offer physiotherapy run pregnancy Pilates, pregnancy Aerobics, and Mummy Pilates & Baby Massage classes with a focus on optimising posture, body awareness, pelvic floor support, back care and maintaining fitness, aiming to assist women prepare and recover from their birth.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!