+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So freaking selfish. My ex used to do this. He'd watch tv til all hours of the night. He didn't have to get up for work, I did. I used ear plugs and an eye mask but was still bothered by it as I'm a light sleeper.
    I told him so many times but he didn't give a sh!t which was symptomatic of our relationship he was a selfish, disrespectful a-hole about everything. I hope this isn't the case in your relationship.
    I'd be having a serious talk about how much this is affecting you. Sleep is so important.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'd be irritated...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby does this when he can't sleep he has a stressful job and says sometimes he just can't switch off from work and it helps him go to sleep but he always puts a timer on so when he falls asleep it turns off. If he had it on all night though I would be frustrated with that though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Incredibly selfish and rude.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hubby does this. Or plays games on his phone with the sound on. He is a shocking sleeper & even when he wakes in the middle of the night & can't get back to sleep he will fidget around, hug me etc to wake me up & have a chat. Drives me mental but I figure I haven't slept properly in 9 years anyway (since having kids) so what's a few more nights lol.
    Husbands = drive us nuts but we still love them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I have trouble sleeping I go to the lounge room and watch tv. Can your dh do that instead of turning on the one in the bedroom?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Conditions have to be spot on for me to sleep at all. If the lighting, temperature, bedding and my emotional state are not exactly right I get little more than 4 hours sleep a night.

The other night I took a sleeping pill (I rarely cave in but I was desperate) and finally drifted off to sleep at 3am or thereabouts. At 7am my husband threw open the blinds and loudly declared it to be "Time to get up."

I tender the following points for your consideration:-

1. It was a Sunday morning and we had nowhere to be other than home
    2. When I have to get up early for work I creep about the house in silence AND in darkness so as not to wake him up early
    3. I have been doing IVF for over a year now and am an unbalanced, hormonal mess.....

Can you guess my reaction?

My DH will not be waking me again any time soon.....

Blossom

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (11-01-2016),JustJaq  (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the insomniac in the house. DP banned tv from bedroom which I have respected.
    As much as it sucks and my back aches I get up and watch the tv in lounge room.
    No point 2 people not getting sleep!
    I'm a zombie with sleep deprivation and I would hate to inflict that on anyone else.
    Definitely put your foot down. Totally not respectful x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clb84 View Post
    I'm the insomniac in the house. DP banned tv from bedroom which I have respected.
    As much as it sucks and my back aches I get up and watch the tv in lounge room.
    No point 2 people not getting sleep!
    I'm a zombie with sleep deprivation and I would hate to inflict that on anyone else.
    Definitely put your foot down. Totally not respectful x
    sounds like me. I get bouts of insomnia every now and then. I go to lounge room and watch telly until I feel sleepy again and then go back to the bedroom.
    I definitely think the tv needs to either he moved out of the room or mutual agreement that no one turns it on when the other is sleeping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would move the tv out of the bedroom
    That's very inconsiderate

And in aure there is another tv in the house he could watch