+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Don't ask if it's ok with them if you have no intention of changing your minds. It will only cause issues as your friends will think you didn't speak to them in good faith.
    No one owns a name so you should name your Bub whatever you like.
    The only time I think sensitivity is required is when the name chosen is significant because it represents a deceased person. Doesn't mean 100% others can't use it, but I think In that case it's worth at least floating the idea.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would give them a heads up, but not ask permission.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks for the replies! DH and I haven't 100% decided if that's the name we're using yet but if we do decide to use it I think I will take the advice here and give them a heads up but not actually ask permission.

If they get upset then so be it, it would be unfortunate but there are so few names DH both love and agree on I can't discount one of them just because a friend used it first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Use it, don't ask. I took a name I liked off my short list for DD because a friend's child had that name. I'm no longer friends with that person so it was pretty stupid to take the name off the list.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just go ahead and use it...who cares! If you love a name for your child go for it..your children are in your life forever, friends come and go and like a lot of people said, no one has ownership on names. If it isn't copyright, you can use it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope. Just use it if you like it ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it would be awkward to not mention it at all, but I certainly wouldn't "ask," you don't need their permission, just more of a heads up.

A friend of a friend approached me and said I love your DD's name so much it's at the top of our list, hope you don't mind. I was more flattered then anything, DD thinks it's pretty cool too.