+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you doing @Minib? Hope the SNS is working well for you X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD hates the sns. We can't quite get it right so had to pull her out a few times. She cracked it and rejected my boobs

We gave sns a few goes and it ended up stressing both myself and DD. I'm not using it anymore. It took the little joy of BF that i have. Now I'm happy to mixed feed on whatever supply I have plus expressing for top ups.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    DD hates the sns. We can't quite get it right so had to pull her out a few times. She cracked it and rejected my boobs

We gave sns a few goes and it ended up stressing both myself and DD. I'm not using it anymore. It took the little joy of BF that i have. Now I'm happy to mixed feed on whatever supply I have plus expressing for top ups.
    We had the same experience! I'm told it gets easier but for my sanity I had to flick it. Such a shame as they work so well for some people!

You sound like you've got a good approach going, which is awesome! Just take it a day at a time and remember you've already done an awesome job to get this far!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsA2B View Post
    We had the same experience! I'm told it gets easier but for my sanity I had to flick it. Such a shame as they work so well for some people!

You sound like you've got a good approach going, which is awesome! Just take it a day at a time and remember you've already done an awesome job to get this far!
    Thanks def taking it a day at a time. I have other things to think about but most importantly focus on her and not just feeding. It has taken me 6 weeks but I have accepted this reality. Not that bad anyway because she's got some BM so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    Thanks def taking it a day at a time. I have other things to think about but most importantly focus on her and not just feeding. It has taken me 6 weeks but I have accepted this reality. Not that bad anyway because she's got some BM so far.
    You've done an awesome job. I don't know if it will help, but I did some research when I was struggling and found out that only 39% of babies in Australia are exclusively breastfeed at 3 months of age (will post the source of that stat at the bottom).

I felt like I was the only mum in the world who had to mix feed but felt better when I read that - we're actually in the majority!

https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bf-...ates-australia

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsA2B For This Useful Post:

Minib  (19-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow really? That stats surprise me as I really thought we are in the minority.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just a quick mention about those stats. I think they exclude women who pump even the occasional feed.

But yes. Only about a third of mums exclusively bf till 4mths. That's why ppl came in to boost the rate.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Minib  (20-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    About half of my mummy friends mix fed, mainly so someone else could give the bub a feed here and there to give the mum a bit of a break. About another 1/4 tried but bub wouldn't take a bottle.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Minib  (20-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In response to the original post.... This was exactly what happened to me/us with our DD! Exactly the same, it's scary in fact.

I kept BF but I have always given my daughter top up formula too. Once DD got to about 6 weeks old Bfing became so much easier because the starting lathing on herself etc. I'm glad I didn't give up although I was so close to throwing it all in. BFing is such a special way to Bing so I urge you not to of possible. Many babies are combination fed and I think it has many advantages.... It's nice for dad, it takes the pressure off you and it means you can go out for a while and not worry about the baby so much.

I was incredibly anxious and stressed for the first few weeks of our baby's life but now she is great (11 months) and has a bit of a belly on her!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

Minib  (20-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Just a quick mention about those stats. I think they exclude women who pump even the occasional feed.

But yes. Only about a third of mums exclusively bf till 4mths. That's why ppl came in to boost the rate.
    They define exclusive breastfeeding in the study as 'no other liquids than breast milk and primarily at the breast' so I assume it includes those who express occasionally as exclusively breastfeeding.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsA2B For This Useful Post:

Minib  (20-01-2016)