+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 51
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    334
    Thanks
    305
    Thanked
    206
    Reviews
    0
    How are you doing @Minib? Hope the SNS is working well for you X

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,329
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked
    599
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD hates the sns. We can't quite get it right so had to pull her out a few times. She cracked it and rejected my boobs

    We gave sns a few goes and it ended up stressing both myself and DD. I'm not using it anymore. It took the little joy of BF that i have. Now I'm happy to mixed feed on whatever supply I have plus expressing for top ups.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    334
    Thanks
    305
    Thanked
    206
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    DD hates the sns. We can't quite get it right so had to pull her out a few times. She cracked it and rejected my boobs

    We gave sns a few goes and it ended up stressing both myself and DD. I'm not using it anymore. It took the little joy of BF that i have. Now I'm happy to mixed feed on whatever supply I have plus expressing for top ups.
    We had the same experience! I'm told it gets easier but for my sanity I had to flick it. Such a shame as they work so well for some people!

    You sound like you've got a good approach going, which is awesome! Just take it a day at a time and remember you've already done an awesome job to get this far!

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,329
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked
    599
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsA2B View Post
    We had the same experience! I'm told it gets easier but for my sanity I had to flick it. Such a shame as they work so well for some people!

    You sound like you've got a good approach going, which is awesome! Just take it a day at a time and remember you've already done an awesome job to get this far!
    Thanks def taking it a day at a time. I have other things to think about but most importantly focus on her and not just feeding. It has taken me 6 weeks but I have accepted this reality. Not that bad anyway because she's got some BM so far.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    334
    Thanks
    305
    Thanked
    206
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    Thanks def taking it a day at a time. I have other things to think about but most importantly focus on her and not just feeding. It has taken me 6 weeks but I have accepted this reality. Not that bad anyway because she's got some BM so far.
    You've done an awesome job. I don't know if it will help, but I did some research when I was struggling and found out that only 39% of babies in Australia are exclusively breastfeed at 3 months of age (will post the source of that stat at the bottom).

    I felt like I was the only mum in the world who had to mix feed but felt better when I read that - we're actually in the majority!

    https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bf-...ates-australia

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsA2B For This Useful Post:

    Minib  (19-01-2016)

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,329
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked
    599
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow really? That stats surprise me as I really thought we are in the minority.

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,880
    Thanks
    5,204
    Thanked
    3,904
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just a quick mention about those stats. I think they exclude women who pump even the occasional feed.

    But yes. Only about a third of mums exclusively bf till 4mths. That's why ppl came in to boost the rate.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

    Minib  (20-01-2016)

  10. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,260
    Thanks
    2,683
    Thanked
    1,586
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    About half of my mummy friends mix fed, mainly so someone else could give the bub a feed here and there to give the mum a bit of a break. About another 1/4 tried but bub wouldn't take a bottle.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

    Minib  (20-01-2016)

  12. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,735
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked
    1,473
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In response to the original post.... This was exactly what happened to me/us with our DD! Exactly the same, it's scary in fact.

    I kept BF but I have always given my daughter top up formula too. Once DD got to about 6 weeks old Bfing became so much easier because the starting lathing on herself etc. I'm glad I didn't give up although I was so close to throwing it all in. BFing is such a special way to Bing so I urge you not to of possible. Many babies are combination fed and I think it has many advantages.... It's nice for dad, it takes the pressure off you and it means you can go out for a while and not worry about the baby so much.

    I was incredibly anxious and stressed for the first few weeks of our baby's life but now she is great (11 months) and has a bit of a belly on her!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleDove For This Useful Post:

    Minib  (20-01-2016)

  14. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    334
    Thanks
    305
    Thanked
    206
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Just a quick mention about those stats. I think they exclude women who pump even the occasional feed.

    But yes. Only about a third of mums exclusively bf till 4mths. That's why ppl came in to boost the rate.
    They define exclusive breastfeeding in the study as 'no other liquids than breast milk and primarily at the breast' so I assume it includes those who express occasionally as exclusively breastfeeding.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsA2B For This Useful Post:

    Minib  (20-01-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Lack of period...HELP PLEASE
    By muzzy in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 23-10-2015, 15:42
  2. Supply issues...
    By babyla in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-09-2015, 08:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Hills Swimming Kenthurst
Located in the beautiful suburb of Kenthurst and boasts a heated 25m pool. We conduct world-leading Baby and Parent Classes, Preschool Classes, School Age and Squad Training. Our classes are small, our service personal and our quality of the highest.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!