+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsA2B View Post
    They sell them at the St Vincents Public Hospital pharmacy on Victoria Parade (near the Comm bank ATM).
    Thank you! I will call them up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    I've seen a Medela SNS at some chemists. Maybe give your local ones a call?
    Thanks. Will make a few calls today.

Is is weird that I'm excited to try haha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Stretched thanks for the reply. I am also going to embrace mixed feeding which means less pressure for me. I have been trying to hard to exclusively BF.

I will google dr jack Newman. I didn't think we could have more than 60mg of motilium a day. How long were you on 90mg for?

I am also thinking to stick with bottle for the 11 pm feed as it's less work for her and it will be easier for her to stay asleep. It might mean she can sleep through the night better.

It turned out lots of my friends who said they BF their kids have mixed them with formula too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey. I just wanted to pipe up with hugs first.

Sometimes our bodies do not produce milk. Please do not feel guilty. I have pasted a link below - maybe it could apply to you?

http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supp...ndular-tissue/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Minib  (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    @Stretched thanks for the reply. I am also going to embrace mixed feeding which means less pressure for me. I have been trying to hard to exclusively BF.

I will google dr jack Newman. I didn't think we could have more than 60mg of motilium a day. How long were you on 90mg for?

I am also thinking to stick with bottle for the 11 pm feed as it's less work for her and it will be easier for her to stay asleep. It might mean she can sleep through the night better.

It turned out lots of my friends who said they BF their kids have mixed them with formula too.
    With my 2nd I was on between 60-90mg (6-9 tablets a day) for 10 months - no side effects except a ridiculous appetite.

Unfortunately, the timing of a formula bottle never helped my DS with night sleep. If she still wears herself out feeding, make sure they check her tongue tie didn't reattach.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lack of supply help

Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    With my 2nd I was on between 60-90mg (6-9 tablets a day) for 10 months - no side effects except a ridiculous appetite.

Unfortunately, the timing of a formula bottle never helped my DS with night sleep. If she still wears herself out feeding, make sure they check her tongue tie didn't reattach.
    I have an appointment with the paed soon so I'll get him to check the tongue tied again

I already have a ridiculous appetite. Eeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Hey. I just wanted to pipe up with hugs first.

Sometimes our bodies do not produce milk. Please do not feel guilty. I have pasted a link below - maybe it could apply to you?

http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supp...ndular-tissue/
    Thanks! I do think my right boob doesn't have enough glandular tissue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post

Did you use to get very engorged? Woke up this morning an hour late and gosh they felt so engorged and painful.

Also start to feel more lumps on the boobs since I got into 60mg a day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP. I'm glad to see I'm not alone! I had my second baby 5 weeks ago and pretty much the same thing happened to me. This happened with my first baby too. I had motilium, pumped, saw lcs regularly, did everything but I just couldn't make enough.
    So this time around I've done all that, plus had my placenta encapsulated and boobie bickies, and I've been using the medela sns. Still not enough. A couple of midwives said to me that I just don't have enough glandular tissue. So I plan on mix feeding for a few months at least, then see how I go. I would have loved to exclusively breastfeed but it's just not happening for me.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Spotdog For This Useful Post:

Minib  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotdog View Post
    Hi OP. I'm glad to see I'm not alone! I had my second baby 5 weeks ago and pretty much the same thing happened to me. This happened with my first baby too. I had motilium, pumped, saw lcs regularly, did everything but I just couldn't make enough.
    So this time around I've done all that, plus had my placenta encapsulated and boobie bickies, and I've been using the medela sns. Still not enough. A couple of midwives said to me that I just don't have enough glandular tissue. So I plan on mix feeding for a few months at least, then see how I go. I would have loved to exclusively breastfeed but it's just not happening for me.
    I'm not even worrying about exclusively BF anymore. Have given up on that thought. Happy with mixed feeding but would love a faster feeding process as I'm exhausted. Did the medela sns help?