+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    @yvona I have seen 3 LCs everyone seems to have slightly different method or views. One LC can't believe I have a bruise from massaging a lump. You are right it's important to get a good one.
    @SSecret Squirrel I also think she's going through a growth spurt.

Honestly if I could drop the pumping I will be more relaxed. So looks like sns is worth a try. Not cheap though. Hope it's worth a try for me.
    I used formula in the SNS so no pumping.

What city do you live in? I can recommend a LC if you live in Brisbane.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    I used formula in the SNS so no pumping.

What city do you live in? I can recommend a LC if you live in Brisbane.
    Yeah I'm going to use formula as well. I was also pumping to make sure my boobs are empty just in case.

I'm in Melbourne.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you guys recommend where to buy the sns from?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you guys recommend where to buy the sns from?
    I bought mine from the LC I was seeing at the time.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

Minib  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
    I bought mine from the LC I was seeing at the time.
    Thanks for replying. I have found some buyers online and on eBay. Wanted to see if I can find an actual shop I can visit so i can start on it asap.

Also saw one on gumtree. Obviously second hand. It will be ok though yeah? I can just get new tube maybe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for replying. I have found some buyers online and on eBay. Wanted to see if I can find an actual shop I can visit so i can start on it asap.

Also saw one on gumtree. Obviously second hand. It will be ok though yeah? I can just get new tube maybe?
    I'm not sure about the tubes.

You could with the Australian Breastfeeding Association. Years and years ago they sold their own version. I really don't know if they still stock them or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or I could just use the second hand tube. Not sure how I feel about it though. I guess after I'm done I would sell mine and someone will use the tube anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews

I've seen a Medela SNS at some chemists. Maybe give your local ones a call?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

Minib  (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I struggled with low supply with both my babies - despite their very different feeding habits.

With my first, I mixed fed for 8 months and beat myself up about it for that whole time. With my 2nd, as PP mentioned, I embraced mixed feeding and enjoyed 10 months of breastfeeding until switching 100% to formula.

From my experiences, here would be my key bits of advice:
    - Google Dr Jack Newman - his website has awesome advice including diagrams and videos. Especially check out breast compressions - during feeding or pumping these can help speed up flow and ensure breasts are being fully drained.
    - I needed 3 x 3 motilium a day (90mg total) to BF full time. Most GPs will advise 30mg, my OB put me on the higher dose. Dr Newman recommends 100mg a day. They will take a few days to really kick in. I was only ever on 30mg with my first and they did make some difference but never meant I had enough to EBF.
    - Pumping got me down and I don't think it really made a big difference to supply, so with my 2nd I only pumped for comfort if needed. This helped my emotional wellbeing a lot, which kept me strong during sleep deprivation etc.
    - Different natural remedies work for different people, so try them but if they don't work then don't bother. Wheatgerm was the only thing that made a small difference to me, all others did nothing.
    - With my first, as my supply was always terrible due to not being well managed, I always top-up fed. With my 2nd, as the high dose motilium did the trick, I chose to replace one feed a day (and dropped my dose slighly) to keep the convenience of mixed feeding.

Most of all, remember that there is no set definition of "successful breastfeeding". Having issues again with my 2nd bub, I came to realise that only *I* set the definition and for *me* successful breastfeeding includes some formula.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Minib  (10-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or I could just use the second hand tube. Not sure how I feel about it though. I guess after I'm done I would sell mine and someone will use the tube anyway.
    They sell them at the St Vincents Public Hospital pharmacy on Victoria Parade (near the Comm bank ATM).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsA2B For This Useful Post:

Minib  (10-01-2016)