+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Swimming nappy/bathers recommendations please!

I'm about to start 6 month old DD in swimming classes. Just wondering for those who've done this with bubs around this age what worked well in terms of nappies and bathers?
    Reusable swimming nappy? Any brand suggestions?
    Or just Huggies disposable swim nappies?
    What bather style did you use? 2 piece as in rashie top and pant? 1 piece? Coverup uv style or traditional style bathers? Will be at an indoor pool so uv protection not needed just whatever is easiest to get on and off and holding her in the water.
    Thanks in advance 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Swimming nappy/bathers recommendations please!

I have had the 1 swimming nappy for DD for 18 months. It's from cheeky wipes they have cute ones. I just take DD swimming in her swim nappy + rashie when outside, nappy + cute bathers for inside pools.
    Rashie + swim nappy is so much easier than wriggling her in/out of bathers!
    I always put her in the swimming outfit at home with regular nappy on top so when I got there could just strip off the regular nappy & hop in
    ETA: I found 2 piece bathers a pain at swimming lessons the top always rides up. That's why I do one piece for lessons, but rashie outside for more coverage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD starts next week too and the pool has specified that babies have to wear a disposable swim nappy.

I was going to put her in a one piece as that's what she wears at home and it works well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rosey82 View Post
    I have had the 1 swimming nappy for DD for 18 months. It's from cheeky wipes they have cute ones. I just take DD swimming in her swim nappy + rashie when outside, nappy + cute bathers for inside pools.
    Rashie + swim nappy is so much easier than wriggling her in/out of bathers!
    I always put her in the swimming outfit at home with regular nappy on top so when I got there could just strip off the regular nappy & hop in
    ETA: I found 2 piece bathers a pain at swimming lessons the top always rides up. That's why I do one piece for lessons, but rashie outside for more coverage.
    Thanks just had a look at the cheeky wipes swim nappy. Do you use bather bottoms or bather suit over this nappy or not? And are they really leak proof? She's not doing super runny poos anymore but they're not 'solid' either. I'm terrified of an accident. I don't know how all this works sorry! Though she does awesome poo-face now which lets me know when it's happening 😂
    I rarely put her in 2 piece clothes still as I find them a pain in the bum riding up all the time so a 1pce bather might suit me lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    DD starts next week too and the pool has specified that babies have to wear a disposable swim nappy.

I was going to put her in a one piece as that's what she wears at home and it works well.
    That's a good point I'll ring the pool just in case they have specific rules on this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We use Happy Nappy. It's the only brand our swim school accepts.
    They are great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you end up going with disposables you can chuck them through the washing machine and re-use them (so long as they're not solied of course!). I used disposables with DS and a pack lasted me aaaages as I got 2-3 wears out of each one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Washable swim nappy nice and tight around the legs plus one piece bathers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    If you end up going with disposables you can chuck them through the washing machine and re-use them (so long as they're not solied of course!). I used disposables with DS and a pack lasted me aaaages as I got 2-3 wears out of each one.
    We do this too! Huggies brand in particular wash really well, only used 3 swim nappies from 4-12 months. We are now onto Coles brand, they bunch up a bit after a few washes so not lasting as long. But DD has pooed in the Coles ones a few times (obviously we chucked those ones out) and they held it well. DD is a bit older though so poo is more solid. I have previously used disposable under reusable, as the reusable leg seals really well and I was worried about leg leakage.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mad84 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    Thanks just had a look at the cheeky wipes swim nappy. Do you use bather bottoms or bather suit over this nappy or not? And are they really leak proof? She's not doing super runny poos anymore but they're not 'solid' either. I'm terrified of an accident. I don't know how all this works sorry! Though she does awesome poo-face now which lets me know when it's happening 😂
    I rarely put her in 2 piece clothes still as I find them a pain in the bum riding up all the time so a 1pce bather might suit me lol
    They have mesh on the inside to contain anything, plus you can adjust to fit tight around the legs. The outside is PUL which is like plastic so it won't seep out. I always have put bathers/bather bottoms over the swim nappy. At the beach or family pools I just do swim nappy/rashie now she's older the poo's are pretty predictable.
    I've been taking her to lessons since she was 3months & have not once had a code brown & never had one in any of the classes either.
    Wonder how common it is?