+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Trying again after miscarriage

Hi all, just after some experiences/advice.
    I have just had a miscarriage at 6 weeks. This is my second pregnancy, my little boy is 1. I have handled the miscarriage quite well mentally but am struggling with the fact that it may happen again.
    My g.p has said to wait for a normal cycle to start trying again, which is fine with me. I will be keen to try as soon as my normal period returns though.
    If you have experienced miscarriage before, can you pls fill me in on what happened next.
    Did you try again soon? Did it take long? Did you miscarry again? Did you af return long after miscarriage?

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lost our second Bub at 7 weeks and had a natural miscarriage without the need for a d & c. I fell pregnant straight away within 4 weeks after without having a proper cycle and had no further problems and now have my gorgeous 1 year old daughter and her big 4 year old brother. The doctor at the hospital told me there was no need to wait if we wanted to try again. But people get different information and it's what you feel comfortable with. I'm sorry for your loss and wish you lots of baby dust for your journey.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FuddyMum For This Useful Post:

Em9  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FuddyMum View Post
    I lost our second Bub at 7 weeks and had a natural miscarriage without the need for a d & c. I fell pregnant straight away within 4 weeks after without having a proper cycle and had no further problems and now have my gorgeous 1 year old daughter and her big 4 year old brother. The doctor at the hospital told me there was no need to wait if we wanted to try again. But people get different information and it's what you feel comfortable with. I'm sorry for your loss and wish you lots of baby dust for your journey.
    Thank you so much for your reply. I have also miscarried naturally, just waiting for repeat bloods to confirm. I hope we have as much luck as you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear 😥

We had a termination in June due to a very low heart rate and no growth at 9 weeks with our second pregnancy.

We were also told we could start trying right away if we wanted. 9 weeks after the termination I found out I was pregnant again. I hadn't had a period either. now currently 22 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl.

Fingers crossed for you and wishing you all the best xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sweetcheeks1 For This Useful Post:

Em9  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had a miscarriage with my second pregnancy. Went for an 8 weeks scan after a little spotting to be told there was a sack and looked about 5 weeks and ended up losing over the course of the next two days. My dr didn't do follow up bloods past the first one until I got a positive pregnancy test two weeks late and requested one so don't be surprised if it takes a little while for it to totally drop off. I was never given any rules around when we could try again but I felt a bit too raw for straight away anyway. We ended up conceiving so my due date was about 6 months later than it should have been, so maybe three cycles after miscarriage and even when I had spotting at 8 weeks again I went on to have a healthy pregnancy and my dd is now 16 months old.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post:

Em9  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also don't get down if the miscarriage raises issues for you at unexpected times. I struggled to feel confident in my pregnancy the whole way through, even though we had passed the spot where we had the issues well at the beginning. I was very open with friends and family about the pregnancy and therefore the miscarriage so I never tried to hide my concerns from those around me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Green Cheese For This Useful Post:

Em9  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely, sorry for your loss!
    I went through a mmc in May last year at 9 weeks, bub stopped growing at 6 weeks. The mc was natural and my bloods returned to 0 about 2 weeks after it happened, from there i had my AF about 4 weeks later.

I then had 2 cycles, they were not regular so i saw an acupuncturist after my 2nd cycle after mc and fell pregnant again after 2 months of seeing him. So all up 3 cycles after.

I am now currently 17w pregnant.

Wishing you all the best! Start trying again when you feel ready not right or wrong time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lauzie For This Useful Post:

Em9  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. I had bleeding with my first pregnancy too so understand it's not always doom and gloom. I just hope it doesn't happen to us again and it is definitely always going to be on my mind. As if the first 12 weeks of pregnancy isn't long enough already!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry for your loss and hoping you are pregnant with your rainbow baby soon.

I had a MMC with twins at 8 weeks, with a D&C a few days later. It took 6 weeks for my first period and then 5 months before we fell pregnant again. The 5 months TTC was painful, every month that my period came felt like I was losing my babies again, and I felt anxious for most of my pregnancy (despite being a fairly chilled out person). Pregnancy after MC is tough, we have a thread on here if you want to talk some more about it down the road xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had a natural miscarriage in April was 12 weeks along af returned 4 weeks after the m/c. We weren't trying but in June I found out I was pregnant again. I believe your body is highly fertile after a m/c. Im currently 30w along had 3 lots of bleeding in this preg but bubs healthy and everything is progressing nicely.