+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The smiggle lunch boxes are great. Grab a second one in case there's a spill in it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bezzy For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds1 starts school this year and I am in denial. Wasn't he only born yesterday? Anyway, I have 2 sets of uniforms (I bought the school polos, hat, bag, swimming cap& the Lowes school shorts) I will get at least one more set. I bought a pair of clarks Velcro joggers. We got this lunch box, but I bought some of the little ice pucks as well because I don't trust DS1 to not nibble on the gel pack. He loooves ice! ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1452287142.323110.jpg
    We got all his books etc from the school at the end of last year. All we need to do now is get some labels from officeworks and get his iPad mini off laybuy. His school has a BYOD program which I am normally a huge supporter of... But in prep?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    Ds1 starts school this year and I am in denial. Wasn't he only born yesterday? Anyway, I have 2 sets of uniforms (I bought the school polos, hat, bag, swimming cap& the Lowes school shorts) I will get at least one more set. I bought a pair of clarks Velcro joggers. We got this lunch box, but I bought some of the little ice pucks as well because I don't trust DS1 to not nibble on the gel pack. He loooves ice! Attachment 77298
    We got all his books etc from the school at the end of last year. All we need to do now is get some labels from officeworks and get his iPad mini off laybuy. His school has a BYOD program which I am normally a huge supporter of... But in prep?
    Wow...prep! The primary school my kids go to provide iPads for the grades that use them. Seems to be prep and DD tells me they will be using them in year 6 this year. The high school she is going to next year has a BYOD program or you can pay the school for one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 starts foundation (prep) this year. The school organises all the stationery and stuff, we just have to pick it up (public school, it's paid with a levy). I bought his uniform just from the uniform shop late last year which included a smock and his bag. Bought him some Asics runners a few days ago (they're allowed to wear black or mostly white runners) and a lunch box. He decided with me and we went with a zip up case and he'll use nude food containers. I bought the sandwich one, a small snack one and the tube one (which horrifyingly, I realised afterwards, somewhat resembles a dildo....๐Ÿ˜ฑ). He'll use the same water bottle he's got, which is a smash one from Coles. All that stuff is reasonably inexpensive so I'm not concerned if he loses any of it.

I think we've got everything we need. Certainly easy when there's only one to organise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS starts kindy on the 27th!!! We bought his uniform last year and I did end up with 5 shirts, 2 shorts and 5 socks , we've got a planetbox lunchbox which we've been using at home for lunch so we can try out different ideas/menus and I'm just using his stainless steel drink bottles he uses at home ( the Zak ones) as there are plenty of bubblers at school as well - he's really excited - I'm the nervous one!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh and we are shoe shopping next week - I need 1 pair of black school shoes and 1 pair of white sport shoes ( apparently from recess to just before going home they keep their sport shoes on so I was told to spend more on better sport shoes than school ones!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ds1 is going into grade 1 but ds2 is starting kindy (WA so 5 day f/n) I'm nervous as he will be one of the youngest in his class and he is still so little. I'm also due with #3, 2 days after school starts so that could be interesting.
    We are mostly ready. Have all their school books, bought ds1 a few uniform sets in the next size up at the end of last term so ds2 can have the smaller ones. Just need to buy a school hat and take ds2 to get some black runners. Both of them chose new backpacks and lunchboxes (just from Kmart so I don't mind if they break or get lost) I'll grab a couple more sandwich and snack containers, also a couple more ice bricks and we're done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    My eldest starts year 2 and my middle child starts school this year.

I agree about the drink bottles. I have gone through so many and spent more money replacing broken drink bottles than any other school item. Doesn't matter how much I pay, they somehow get broken. Even the metal ones.

I didn't even know you could buy skorts in target. I think they're $26 at my daughter's school uniform shop. Having said that, she is going into her third year of school and has 2 skorts that still fit her and that she will wear this year as well. Not sure cheap target ones would last that long?
    The material of the target ones seems pretty sturdy, like a thick cargo type material and they have a little zip pocket on the side. They certainly seem like they will last longer than the thin $48 ones from the school.

Im wondering if ill be able to take them back for a refund, i have a reciept and they havent been washed? Its just robbery at that price honestly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    My dd1 starts school in 3 weeks and I have zip. As in zip nada zippoto.

Sigh.

Thats what happens when you move interstate. Need to contact school asap.
    eeeek all the best with your organising xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twolittlemunchkins View Post
    Ds1 is going into grade 1 but ds2 is starting kindy (WA so 5 day f/n) I'm nervous as he will be one of the youngest in his class and he is still so little. I'm also due with #3, 2 days after school starts so that could be interesting.
    This is me too. Except the #3 bit! DS is going to year 1, DD starting kindy. She is only 3!!! DS has an end of year birthday, so was 4.5 when he started. Hard to wrap my head around sending my 3yo. But she will be fine.

I have all their school supplies, DS needs 2 pairs of shorts which I am getting from target. Some of his others still fit, so he will have a weeks worth of uniforms. DD just needs black leggings from target and I still have DS's kindy shirts for her. Will buy her 1 new one when the uniform shop opens so she has a nice one for the school photo though. His are in good condition, but a little faded. And they both needs hats.

Will also get them both some new sandals next week as their old ones are getting too small. I've ordered the labels so will have the joy of doing all his pencils etc when they come, and we have their lunch boxes from last year (we use the yumboxes and they love them).

DS needs a new school bag, so I've bought that online, DD can use her daycare one.

Not looking forward to the lunchbox grind. Been nice not to have to worry about it first thing in the morning! Will have to revise my morning routine now too. DS catches the bus so I'm often still in my Pj's. But will be driving DD, so will have to get up earlier to make sure I've showered on her school days! I'm going to try to convince him to drive in with me on her days. Otherwise it will be taking him to bus, back home and leave 25 minutes later to get her to school. Be nice to not have to do the back and forth.