+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    We tend to you esky rather than lunch bags here for that reason. Extra bonus it they can be used as a seat.
    Does the esky fit in their bag? My DD8 would forget it if she couldn't put it in their bag.

We have ended up sticking with a boring plastic lunch box like this

http://www.decor.com.au/product/pump...l-drink-flask/
    We don't use the drink bottle in it as the small ice packs fit nicely and I sometimes put an extra ice pack depending on what they are eating.

I bought an expensive one that got kicked around by some boys and broke. These ones have been kicked, dropped and who knows what else and have survived.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    Yep I hadn't planned on it. At her school they all have the same bags so will just put some keyrings etc so she can identify her bag. We have an unusual last name so perhaps will just put that on inside of her hat?

We already have a password 😊

Any tips to deter nits very welcome lol, apparently they hate tea tree too....thanks for your advice xx
    Always keep hair up the best you can and that's about it.

My kids are home still. Grade 2. Grade 7. Grade 9. Grade 10 and finished.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For nit defense.... I have a spray bottle that I put water a bit of detangler, some tea tree oil and eucalyptus oil in. They do their hair and I spray that in.

So far so good. Nits once in 4 years

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

flowers21  (27-01-2016),SoThisIsLove  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by PomPoms View Post
    Does the esky fit in their bag? My DD8 would forget it if she couldn't put it in their bag.

We have ended up sticking with a boring plastic lunch box like this

http://www.decor.com.au/product/pump...l-drink-flask/
    We don't use the drink bottle in it as the small ice packs fit nicely and I sometimes put an extra ice pack depending on what they are eating.

I bought an expensive one that got kicked around by some boys and broke. These ones have been kicked, dropped and who knows what else and have survived.
    No they don't. Since most kids have them kids seem to remember them. The port racks even have a spot for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My little miss starts kindy this year (4yo kindy in wa). Not full time, just 2.5days a week but still very excited. Pretty daunting too, probably more for me as she has never attended day care

She is attending a private school so I had already organised her uniform before end of last term and the school organises their booklists. Just needed a few things like lunchbox, shoes (plain black velcro jogger which I got this week), hair ties and another little pillow for rest time. Oh how I wish I got rest time!

I've been told my a few mums now that a spray bottle with a mixture of tea tree oil, lavender oil & water works for nits. I'm happy to try whatever!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

SoThisIsLove  (09-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My last bubba is starting Kindy (WA..he's 4) this year. I can't wait lol! He's driving me batty at home.... I think I will be sadder next year when he starts full time school and I no longer have any kids home in the day. I'm not looking forward to it though because I'm pretty sure he will be the kid who cries every morning. He hates daycare (wants to stay with mum) and is already saying he doesn't want to go to big school . He's a real little homebody, although I'm hoping having his big brother at the school will help. He'll also have to go to after school care at the school but I haven't dared tell him about that yet! He won't be happy 😐

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My dd started last year so grade 1 this year.
    One thing i discovered. No matter the price drink bottles would always break.
    Buy two hats and jumpers they would always go missing for a few days even if they were named

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My eldest starts year 2 and my middle child starts school this year.

I agree about the drink bottles. I have gone through so many and spent more money replacing broken drink bottles than any other school item. Doesn't matter how much I pay, they somehow get broken. Even the metal ones.

I didn't even know you could buy skorts in target. I think they're $26 at my daughter's school uniform shop. Having said that, she is going into her third year of school and has 2 skorts that still fit her and that she will wear this year as well. Not sure cheap target ones would last that long?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I've used smash water bottles from woollies now for the past year and never had one break. I've got 3 kids taking them to school (2 every day). And they're cheap enough that they don't stress me if they get lost (which does happen).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My dd1 starts school in 3 weeks and I have zip. As in zip nada zippoto.

Sigh.

Thats what happens when you move interstate. Need to contact school asap.