+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I've cleared it now.

Glad some areas are looking safer. Harvey side is scary sounding though.
    Yes, when they say this in the alert:

"Although bushfire behaviour has moderated overnight, it will pick up through the day due to forecast weather conditions.
    The bushfire is moving slowly in a south easterly direction.
    North westerly winds will continue throughout the day.
    The fire remains uncontained and is not yet controlled.
    Burning embers are likely to be blown around your home."

It's not good. We either need the wind to blow it back on itself, or to disappear so we can get the bombers in there and get it out.

I hope Harvey will be ok. I think both Brownes and Harvey Fresh are located there, so could be chaos for the dairies and milk supply if they go up in flames. Not to mention all the people, houses etc etc.

I'll resend it now

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This map was from earlier this morning. 70 000 hectares and counting 😪ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1452307832.222976.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My mums family is down that way (dairy farmers) and although currently safe from fires they are having to pour all their milk out as no tankers can get to them to cart it out.

DH just said that There's also signs up at our local woollies about an expected milk shortage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it true they are evacuating Harvey?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm in shock over all this as we know so many people in those areas. I am very familiar with Yarloop and would never imagined a bushfire could flatten the whole town like that (eg. it seemed far enough away from typical bushfire areas). Media coverage in Melbourne on Thursday was practically non-existent and it still not much use - actual reports from local friends (phone calls, texts and facebook) have been a much better source of info. It's so worrying and so hard being on the other side of the country - I have one friend in particular who I just wish I could be there to give her a big hug!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Is it true they are evacuating Harvey?
    I'm not sure - I didn't see that in the alert update after 1pm. I think they evacuated the hospital, nursing home etc yesterday, and some people have chosen to leave. Scary stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    They downgraded the warning this morning, but it has just been upgraded again for Harvey. They aren't forcing anyone to leave yet but a good many people have left.
    There is a seabreeze now so we'll just have to see over the next few hours.
    The pictures from Yarloop are devastating. It's amazing there has been no loss of life "touch wood".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wobbleyhorse View Post
    My mums family is down that way (dairy farmers) and although currently safe from fires they are having to pour all their milk out as no tankers can get to them to cart it out.

DH just said that There's also signs up at our local woollies about an expected milk shortage.
    Even if they could get it out the processors have no power. My brother just reminded me that Brunswick has a little processor that is ok as far as he can work out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes All the dairy farmers are having to dump their milk. We have been told no milk delivery for the next few days at our local woollies as Harvey Fresh supply the name brand too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DFES just updated that Harvey is now bring directly evacuated due to the change in conditions 😢