+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I like this idea!

Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post

OP I always do party bags.
    A really simple one I did once when they were little was a giant bubble tube (I think they're $1-2 from Kmart) with a Freddo frog taped to it.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    im just glad I don't have little people having birthday parties, I don't think I could handle the stress these days. I don't remember party bags, I can remember having a cake bag for the slice of cake to go home with the children. marie.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

misho  (08-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    From my experience they may not be needed, however they're usually expected.

I always have something, whether it be rattles/teething toys for one year old parties, to bubble wands, bath bubbles for toddlers or lollies etc for older kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I like party bags as a way to signal that the party is over. Works when i can't get my kids to leave or as a message to parents that it's time to go!

You'll never please everyone. I loathe those giant bubble wands everyone seems to use nowadays as my younger kids seem to never get the hang of them and tip all the mixture out and my older kids aren't interested. I have quite the collection at home.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

FearlessLeader  (08-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hate them. After all, we just held a really cool party (that cost lots of money) for you to attend, so I don't know why I now have to give everyone a party bag as well.

But...

I still do them. They're expected and I don't want to be the odd one out. A few lollies and the rest are cheapy toys chucked into the mix.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Party bags are generally a thank you for the present and for attending the party, I don't think there is really an obligiation to do them if you don't want to.

I'm really not a fan of the party bags with the cheap lollies in them and nor are my kids. So I'll do a freddo, some Confectionery Company lollies, then a balloon, some bubbles/ a cheap car/cute stationery depending on the age and sex of the child. I get a lot of my tid-bits from places like the Reject Shop. You can get packs of funky erasers or bouncy balls for 2 bucks. I often raid the clearance bin for the trinkets for party bags and pass the parcel

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't always do party bags. I have done the bubble wand and I also have done "make your own" take home thing - decorate a pirate hat for example. One year for my DD I did a "potted colour" flower pot, sprinkled with glitter. They were $2 each and is something that will last and grow. I have also done "plant your own" herb seedlings as a party activity, then taken home. I usually do home parties, so make up activities to do that aren't the usual party games.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I always do a party bag that's 'themed' to the party. Eg DS's last party was Minecraft themed, so the party bags had Minecraft paper crafts, some Minecraft stickers and a lollipop. DD's was Tinkerbell themed so hers had Tinkerbell bracelets, notebooks and a lollipop. Very very basic but with a couple of decent little trinkets. I think craft items are nice as they are always useful- glitter pens, cute little erasers, stickers etc. balloons and bubbles are also winners.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Party Bags?

Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    Little Playdoh tubs are a nice addition. If you want to reduce the amount of lollies, how about a packet of sultanas instead? Little water pistols are also a fun favour.
    Great idea in principle about the sultanas however, I believe the remnants get stuck in the grooves of the molars and accelerate decay that way. I was surprised when I heard but I suppose it makes sense

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I always do party bags. Usually a fun sized chocolate or two, some stickers or a pencil or erasers, and a small tub of playdoh.