+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    For ds recent birthday I just did a bubble wand, little golden book, freddo, whistle and they all left with a helium balloon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I do home made biscuits and decorate them in the shape of the party them. Pop them in those clear Lolly bags

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My daughter had her 3yo birthday at the end of last year.
    My party bag was probsbly a bit lazy. I put bubbles, little toy and some little chocolates.

Thanks
    Reviews
    A lot of parents locally are very 'healthy' and don't really like their kids having a lot of sweets etc. so for DD2 4th birthday party before Xmas I gave the boys a box of Pop pops and the girls got a zelf. Cheap and lazy- I mean easy- without breaking the chocolate taboo. 😋

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Bubbles . Toy cars. Those toy necklaces and bracelets. Pencil and note pads. Balloons. Blowers. Whistes. Bouncy balls or tennis balls.

Lollies must be wrapped or in a zip lock bag. I tend not to put to many in.

I always have spares for siblings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks for the replies and suggestions! 🙂

Thanks
    Reviews

I absolutely HATE party bags. So much so that I boycotted them this year with my kid's birthdays.
    WHY THE FRIK ARE WE GIVING OTHER KIDS PRESENTS ON MY KIDS BIRTHDAY???
    Its the whole 'everyone wins bullcrap on modern society'...don't even get me started on the 'pass the parcel, every layer has to have a prize' bull crap.

The whole party bag as gotten WAYYYY over the top as far as I'm concerned. Apart from the fact that they are EXPECTED these days, gone are the days of simples lolly bags. Nooooo, they have to have toys in them too.

Both my kids birthdays are around xmas...literally 10 days before and 10 days after so the costs at this time of year are crazy for us. So its a completely un-nessasary cost.

My kids get foil balloons every year (I keep them so when they are 18 I will blow them all up) plus a few round balloons with Helium. The kids that came got one balloon each to take home...total cosy $2!!!

Ok, rant over!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Party Bags?

I thought Party bags are supposed to be a thank you for giving a present and attending the party not because every kid has to have something? Anyway I loooove planning DS party bags, I do go way over the top but I've only got 1 kid and parties and party bags are really only for a few years!

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

just her chameleon  (11-01-2016),LoveLivesHere  (11-01-2016),misskittyfantastico  (11-01-2016),MissMuppet  (11-01-2016),Tinkers  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @loislane2010 I think maybe party bags have gravitated towards toys rather than the old school bags that have just lollies in them because there are more kids these days who aren't allowed to eat refined sugar?

I agree with @Elijahs Mum that they are more of a thank you for attending gesture rather than a 'everyone has to win' gesture.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (11-01-2016),LoveLivesHere  (11-01-2016),MissMuppet  (11-01-2016),Tinkers  (11-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I always do party bags.

I don't do lolly bags though - I pick up things throughout the year when I see them on sale, like novelty pencils, stickers, toy cars, bubbles etc Not to go over the top but because I don't let my kids eat lollies.

Its nothing to do with 'every child must get a prize' its a gift to the guest to say thank you. Thanks for coming along and making my child's day special. And its just a bit of fun to finish off the party and make the goodbyes easier for all concerned. Giving out the party bags marks the end of the party. Nice and easy.

I think the 'why give other kids presents on my kids birthday' sounds a bit like the bridezilla pouting in the corner at having to share 'her' day with anyone else. Giving feels good, and its nice for the birthday girl/boy to give something back.