+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Marchbundle View Post
    Oh I always get the ones with wings, and have to have the overnight ones as I bleed like a slaughtered pig when that time of the month comes....I must admit, I love one thing about being pregnant at the moment, no period!! Yay!!
    OMG 😂😂😂😂

day 2 is slaughtered pig territory for me then it eases right up.

I buy pads with wings, I used to find if get that little bit of leakage on the sides and bloody knickers really gross me out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    So as a girl who got her period early, and then would almost always "bleed through" and have to make impromptu pads out of wadded up cheap high school toilet paper because I'd run out of pads during the day and then had to walk around in the middle of winter with my jumper tied around my waist even though it was freezing...
    Wings were a f***ing revelation. A revelation. It didn't have to be so awkward any more, all because of two little wings!

Wings 4 lyf.
    This!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to HearMeRoar For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (08-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Pads with no wings - why?

I can't tell you how relieved this thread has made me feel. I thought I must of been the only woman out there ruining my underpants monthly with blood when I used pads. With or without wings the pads always mess up and leak.

I'm a big fan of tampons but I remember reading somewhere that you shouldn't use them 24/7 during your period for some reason. So I break up 2 tampons to 1 pad. If anyone can clarify for me that would be great.

I hate pads. I can "smell" me. I ruin my underpants. The packaging is so obvious. It's almost impossible to be discreet. The noise you make opening up or pulling off a pad. Plus can anyone feel themselves rustling when they walk?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (08-01-2016),TheGooch  (08-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    I can't tell you how relieved this thread has made me feel. I thought I must of been the only woman out there ruining my underpants monthly with blood when I used pads. With or without wings the pads always mess up and leak.

I'm a big fan of tampons but I remember reading somewhere that you shouldn't use them 24/7 during your period for some reason. So I break up 2 tampons to 1 pad. If anyone can clarify for me that would be great.

I hate pads. I can "smell" me. I ruin my underpants. The packaging is so obvious. It's almost impossible to be discreet. The noise you make opening up or pulling off a pad. Plus can anyone feel themselves rustling when they walk?
    Preach!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (08-01-2016),TheGooch  (08-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pads with no wings - why?

My sister hates pads with wings, I prefer period pads with wings but my liners have no wings.
    Last edited by PipersMummy; 08-01-2016 at 20:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    yes!!! the rustling!!! my work is super quiet and I can sometimes hear myself rustling. so I have to cough to cover it up 😂

also hate the noise of unwrapping them in public toilets but that's a minor thing compared to the rustling.

I used to bleed very heavily when I was in high school so I'd need a super tampon then back it up with a giant maxi pad. when the tampon started leaking after an hour or 2 onto the pad, I'd go take it out and just go with the pad til I had a chance to discreetly refuel my supplies.

all my undies these days are mostly black so even if I did leak, it's not super obvious. but it's still yucky.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post

I can smell me. But before I got my first period mum gave me a book to read all about it so I knew what to expect, and the ONE thing that still stands out in my mind to this day is that no one else can smell it, and we can only smell it because we're conscious of it.

Yes, I rustle. I would also need to change a tampon every 30 minutes if I didn't wear pads as well, so it's a sacrifice I need to make. I'm being very candid tonight, aren't I?

I don't care about the packaging though. I'm a woman. I get my period.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Nomsie View Post
    I can smell me. But before I got my first period mum gave me a book to read all about it so I knew what to expect, and the ONE thing that still stands out in my mind to this day is that no one else can smell it, and we can only smell it because we're conscious of it.

Yes, I rustle. I would also need to change a tampon every 30 minutes if I didn't wear pads as well, so it's a sacrifice I need to make. I'm being very candid tonight, aren't I?

I don't care about the packaging though. I'm a woman. I get my period.
    My DH mentioned to me he used to be able to smell his sister 😱
    no really.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Count me in as a pads with wings girl.
    Something has gone awry since having my DS. And tampons just don't feel right anymore and I seem to have more of a leakage issue than before.
    This may have something to do with previously having a 2-3 day period to suddenly wondering if I'm having some kind of hemorrhage for 5-7 days a month.
    So for now it's pads with wings, even if I'm a bit weirded out by buying a brand of pad with the same name as my son!
    I have the same bunching, scrunching, rustling, smell freak outs as everyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @GucciDahling I've had those same problems with tampons too after dd1 was born. I actually started a thread about it but only got one or two responses as I was worried about the leakage and wondering if I could ever use them again.

I've only had my period a handful of times in 3.5 years so I still don't know if it'll ever get back to tampon use again

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (08-01-2016)