*Spin Off* which airline to Hawaii | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default *Spin Off* which airline to Hawaii

So rather then tacking on to my last thread I thought I would start a spin off one for the airline questions. We are booked into the Hilton Hawaiian Village and now just need to sort out flights and obviously my go to is Jetstar because of the price but with my Mum travelling with us it might be a problem due to her back as she need decent seat room to be comfortable. Our other choices are Hawaiian air or Qantas but still don't know which would be best so I am after stories of horror and happy ones to help us decide please

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have had a few people lately tell me not to use Jetstar but go with Hawaiian Airlines they are resonably priced.
    I normally go Virgin or if travelling overseas I love Air New Zealand.
    Enjoy your trip I am thinking of going in the next 18 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its been 5 years since we went, but we flew to Hawaii on Jetstar and flew home on Hawaiian Air. The Hawaiian Air plane was more comfortable and seemed to have more leg room, however we had one major issue where the toilet system blocked up and for the last 4 hours of the flight all toilets were locked and there was a smell of poo wafting through the cabin. Not pleasant, but also not something that would happen on every flight so not likely to be an issue. The Jetstar crew I have to say were really rude on the flight over to Hawaii. The other annoying thing was that we were travelling with a 14 m/o and they put us in the back row right next to the toilets where people congregated to stretch their legs or have a chat, parents with unsettled kids moved down to the back to try and calm them (no judgement, just difficult when trying to get a child to sleep) and the lights never went off. Luckily a very nice passenger noticed i was trying to get DD to sleep and she offered to swap seats with me where it was much quieter and the lights were dimmed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We went Jetstar and I was expecting the worst but it was quite good - they are not the same planes as the domestic ones so I think they are exactly the same leg room as qantas - our plane looked new , you can pay extra for leg room seats , the food is not good but I don't like any plane food so I just made sure we are before we went and brought our own snacks and water

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't know much about Hawaiin Airlines, but please be aware that even though Jetstar may appear cheap you need to pay for my extras. These extras include, pillows, blankets, iPads, food and drink. We flew to Hawaii via Qantas which was fine and then it was supposed to be Jetstar on way back. However on morning of flight we received an email from Jetstar at 5.30am saying our 8.30am flight us been cancelled......we were left to our own devices to secure another flight home and organise another nights accomodation. ( was reimbursed though) after all that we flew home on a very full Qantas flight. Apparently we were one of the lucky ones and other people stranded for another 2 nights. But at the end of the day it wasn't such a hardship being stranded in Hawaii for an extra day....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello
    I go to Hawaii every year and always fly Hawaiian, trust me the 64 kilo luggage allowance comes in handy for all the good shopping there. I picked up flights in April for $749 return.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MissDa For This Useful Post:

surfergal  (22-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Old post but wanted to say couldn't agree more! We've been twice once with QF mainline and once Hawaiian! Hawaiian were the best by far! We bought flights for 1800 return for all 3 of us last year on Hawaiian direct BNE-HON

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hawaiian are a great airline! Definitely recommend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went last month and went with Hawaiian airlines and they were fantastic! We paid to upgrade to extra comfort and it's definitely worth the money and the air hostesses were amazing and so good even when DS2 was having a meltdown

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do Hawaiian fly direct from Melbourne or just Sydney?