+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Favourite chicken breast recipes

I'm looking for something different to do with chicken breasts. I usually do crunchy chicken strips or stir fried and have it in wraps with salad. I do carbonara and pasta bake too but want something different.

Whats your go to chicken breast recipe?

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My super easy way to serve chicken breast is to simply dust it in cajun seasoning and grill, serve with minted Greek yoghurt (with crushed garlic and lemon juice added). Either have in a wrap or with whatever sides you choose (rice, salad, potato etc).
    Or, slice down the middle and stuff it with a chorizo sausage, fry/simmer in a salsa type sauce and serve atop mashed potatoes and green veg.

Thanks
    Reviews
    500 gm diced chicken
    1 tub cream cheese
    1 diced onion
    enchilada wraps
    1 cup salsa (we use costco)
    1 cup grated tasty cheese

brown chicken in a frying pan along with diced onion.
    add the tub of cream cheese to the pan and melt down so chicken and onion is covered.
    in a baking dish put 2 tbs of salsa over the base.
    lay a strip of chicken mix in a long line down the middle of the encillada and roll up.
    lay enchellada in a baking dish, seam side down.
    repeat until all filling is used.
    pour salsa over wraps
    top with grated cheese
    bake at 200 until bubbly

serve with rice and salad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Honey chicken
    Cut Breast into bite size pieces, coat with corn flour then dip into egg mixture ( 2 beaten eggs with salt and pepper) and fry in fry pan with olive oil until brown but not cooked through and place in baking tray - add sauce mix of 3/4 cup honey, 1/2 cup tomato purée, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce ( or Tamari) 2 tablespoons of brown sugar , 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar , clove grated garlic and splash of olive oil and pour over chicken and bake in pre heated 180 oven for 40 mins - sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with veggie fried rice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I chop into large chunks and pop in the slow cooker with veg like carrot, potato, celery chunks (and drumsticks for DH) and make a madras curry or butter chicken or cacciatore.
    Crumb with homemade herb crumbs and make schnitzel/parmigiana
    Cook on bbq with salads (tonight's dinner!)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all.
    I ended up making what is now known as 'Stuffies'
    Wizzed the chicken breast up in the blender. Fried it with onion, garlic, mixed herbs tomato paste and canned tomatoes. Layers cream cheese, chicken mix and grated cheese and baked it for 10 or so minutes.
    Cut the inside out of some bread rolls, stuffed them with the chicken cheesey mix then topped with more grated cheese and baked for a further 10-15 mins.

Soooooo Yummy but OH SO BAD!

Could certainly make them healthier, less cheese and wholemeal rolls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cook in a pan with lemon juice & mixed herbs. I drizzle more juice over as I cook it. Simple but is easy & fresh.

Or I'll make a creamy mustard sauce for the chicken. I usually make it up as I go, but is basically stock, seeded mustard, dijon mustard, dash of salt & pepper, cream/sour cream. Sometimes add white wine, spring onion or leek depending what I have.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Izzys Dragon For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (06-01-2016),~Marigold~  (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Following for new ideas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I use thighs or the whole chook mostly but with breasts, I just either bash them out (Jamie Oliver style) and pan fry in olive oil and just season with salt, pepper and herbs. Sometimes balsamic vinegar or lemon juice. Or I just make a chicken parma.