+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Just started maternity leave - not sure what to do with myself!

I'm glad I'm not at work anymore and appreciate the time off between now and baby's birth (first baby, due in Feb) but I've never had this much time off. I feel a bit lost! Haha! I've worked for twelve years full time with only a couple of weeks off at a time. Am I the only one that feels a bit unsure about what to do with myself?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Feet up, rest, sleeps in, relish the special time, mani/pedi, movies, read books, prepare nursery, prewash all the clothes, read about birth, massages, catch up with friends, ...

I remember the first weeks before the birth of my first. Best holiday ever!

I felt it was the first time in my life I had all this time just for me, to rest, to enjoy my time being a lady of leisure )

Enjoy x

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (05-01-2016),Hopeful1975  (05-01-2016),Violet85  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    Feet up, rest, sleeps in, relish the special time, mani/pedi, movies, read books, prepare nursery, prewash all the clothes, read about birth, massages, catch up with friends, ...

I felt it was the first time in my life I had all this time just for me, to rest, to enjoy my time being a lady of leisure )

Enjoy x
    All of This! !! And movies yes!!! Because it will be ages until you can do movies again!

Pick a tv series and watch it from start to finish.
    Cook some yummy food and freeze it.
    Enjoy.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (05-01-2016),ExcuseMyFrench  (05-01-2016),Gentoo  (05-01-2016),Violet85  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post

Enjoy x
    Thanks! I'll definitely practice doing this! It is nice to have so much free time, I think I'm just so used to getting up at a particular time, going to work, eating lunch around my work etc. It's a change I'm welcoming, just not use to it! I have to admit, the novelty of doing housework in the day was there this morning, but I'm sure that will fade. :P
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    All of This! !! And movies yes!!! Because it will be ages until you can do movies again!

Pick a tv series and watch it from start to finish.
    Cook some yummy food and freeze it.
    Enjoy.
    I love watching episode after episode of things. I think a trip to JB Hifi is in order! Thanks! I'll definitely work on doing nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm so jealous!! my mat leave starts end of this month! I can't wait!!

I currently do 4 days a week and Monday is always my day to fit everything in so I'm definitely looking forward to having 5 days to enjoy doing my own thing!

how many weeks are you and what's your due date?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet85 View Post
    I love watching episode after episode of things. I think a trip to JB Hifi is in order! Thanks! I'll definitely work on doing nothing.
    get Netflix if you don't already have it! I can't wait to take full advantage of my subscription!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just revel in the experience of being bored and lonely. You won't feel that way again in a long long time.

It dragged for me pre birth- I left at 32 weeks first time and she was a week late- but I look back at that time so fondly. I yearn to have that time to myself to do nothing again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet85 View Post
    I'm 34 weeks so still a bit to go, but had a lot of leave so thought 'why not'!

Baby is due on 17 February. I can't believe how fast the time has gone!!

I hope your last bit before leave goes fast and well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    get Netflix if you don't already have it! I can't wait to take full advantage of my subscription!
    I really want to try Netflix but I've heard it uses a lot of internet? We don't have a huge download limit.