+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default I'm driving myself insane need help!

Ok so I have few questions

First of all is any sunscreen safe to use in pregnancy? I used one the other day I think it was banana boat spf 50 spray. And im going away for a couple of days and I never thought about it and I wish I hadn't! I'm driving myself insane.

Secondly the mayo in fast food places like Hungry jacks maccas kfc and oportos is that safe I assume big company's would pasteurize there mayo. I thought that was standard in the Australia?? O and also Big Mac sauce.

Answers please anyone ??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Sunscreen is fine and I would say maccas in moderation and hot should be fine too.

Take a big deep breath and try to enjoy this. I notice you have a couple of threads like this one. I've had 3 kids and really the only things I kept away from was soft cheeses, alcohol and bain food.

Is this your first child?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sunscreen = fine
    Packaged mayo = fine. The caution is for 'fresh' mayo which is not treated. Same with sauces.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Don't worry about sunscreen.

Yes maccas etc here would need to use pasteurised mayo, etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Delirium is right.
    Take a deep breath. You need to relax. N I mean this in the nicest way possible. You really need to enjoy it not stress so much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes there would be raw egg in homemade mayonnaise but you will be fine with regular mayo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 34 weeks tomorrow and I have to say, between family issues, being extremely busy at work etc, I haven't taken the chance to appreciate being pregnant enough. I'm a worrier from way back and I know I probably can't change that, but from one worrier to another, let me just say, try to relax if you can. Ah the advice I didn't give myself back in the first trimester.

Having said that, I posted a similar question about something I ate the other day! So I understand! Sunscreen will be fine and I'm sure Maccas will as well. I'm sure they're way too slack to make home made style mayo, so I'm sure the giant vat is pasteurized. (I don't mean that to sound sarcastic around you eating it!)

I hope you get a chance to sit back and relax. I'm trying it now.
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone yes this is my first and I'm afraid any little ache or pinch or anything I have down there there is something wrong. I run to the toilet to make sure I'm not bleeding!
    @delirium I am a extremely paranoid person. But it's helps to put my questions on here you ladies put in my place I just don't know what to feel expect etc....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J47 View Post
    Hi everyone yes this is my first and I'm afraid any little ache or pinch or anything I have down there there is something wrong. I run to the toilet to make sure I'm not bleeding!
    @delirium I am a extremely paranoid person. But it's helps to put my questions on here you ladies put in my place I just don't know what to feel expect etc....
    Think of it this way...stressing and worrying about your bub won't do anything for you or your pregnancy. Enjoy the moment and breathe. If you are a naturally high strung person (I am, too!!), self care can do wonders. Run a (warm, not hot) bath, read your favourite books, watch some movies, get a facial or massage, go for a walk, etc. I'm sure things will be okay

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hopeful1986 For This Useful Post:

J47  (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopeful1986 View Post
    Think of it this way...stressing and worrying about your bub won't do anything for you or your pregnancy. Enjoy the moment and breathe. If you are a naturally high strung person (I am, too!!), self care can do wonders. Run a (warm, not hot) bath, read your favourite books, watch some movies, get a facial or massage, go for a walk, etc. I'm sure things will be okay
    I'm still on holidays I have to much time on my hands! Not a good thing for someone like me!