+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    When you say he wakes over night, how long does it take/how easy is it to get him back to sleep?
    Sounds pretty normal for 4 months... But if he's up for hours at a time and you're getting no sleep, then you may want to see if there's anything you can do.
    He wakes 4-5 times up for a feed and dummy sucking maybe 20mins then i put him back down.
    He's a big boy though, 4.7kg at birth and nearly 8kg at 4mths so I'm expecting him to need nightfeeding etc especially being breastfed. Ive had supply issues with older 2 but none at all this time around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just an update: I've had a sleep consult and put a routine of sorts into place and focused on breaking the feed to sleep dependency, allowing to self settle to sleep and resettle after catnaps. He's now having better naps during the day, and waking 2-3x overnight in 3-4hr intervals. He's a lot calmer amd more settled in his awake time and I'm starting to feel able to cope with our days much better without having to call DH at work in tears.
    The sleep lady said to resettle at night and feed once but I'm happy with feeding 2-3x. I have the tools there now ready to use when i want/need to.
    We now have a set bedtime routine for DS and the older 2 work around him not the other way around like it was

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PinkPopsicle For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (23-01-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (24-01-2016),VicPark  (23-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    That's wonderful news. I'm glad you sought help and it worked for you and your bubba. You must feel like you're able to enjoy him more now you're both well rested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    That's wonderful news. I'm glad you sought help and it worked for you and your bubba. You must feel like you're able to enjoy him more now you're both well rested.
    Thankyou yes its great ☺ i also feel more tolerant towards my older 2. They didnt deserve a mummy losing her cool so often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like he's doing great! How did you get him to self settle and re-settle? My 15 week baby is doing my head in! I'm his 'comforter' too, which isn't in itself a problem but he's my no. 4 and I can't be everywhere for everyone all the time and it's taking its toll. Thanks xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    The biggest thing was changing the pattern of wakinh, feeding and putting to bed tbh. Made a big deal about waking up, and not feeding to sleep and putting into bed awake. There has been crying which is hard to hear but its all about listening and responding when needed