+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 4mth old terrible sleeper

So my 3rd child DS2 aged just 4mths, exclusively breastfed, no bottles, refuses dummies is a shocking sleeper. He catnaps during the day and wakes 4+ times a night.
    I generally breastfeed and cuddle back to sleep. My other 2 were similar, but he's the worst.
    So do i pay lots of money for a private sleep consultant or just ride this out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    4 months old? Woah! Ride it out I say! I know that's easier said than done, but he's still so tiny and getting the hang of this 'sleeping without a womb' thing!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TreeGirl For This Useful Post:

PinkPopsicle  (05-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would ride it out a little longer. See how he is in a month or 2. Can you pop him in a carrier in the day? Might get more sleep in the day. Also is it wind/reflux or just hunger? My DS was shocking and is now mostly sleeping through the night at almost 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ride it out. It will pass.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When you say he wakes over night, how long does it take/how easy is it to get him back to sleep?
    Sounds pretty normal for 4 months... But if he's up for hours at a time and you're getting no sleep, then you may want to see if there's anything you can do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ride it out. That doesn't sound unusual to me. Is it the 4 month sleep regression? My DD is 6 months, cat naps sporadically and we are still up between 2-4 times every night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    He's medicated for reflux, its not wind, im his sleep association. Its a little difficult as im on my own a lot and have 2 older children. My 3yr old DD totally loves my makeup drawer especially when im stuck sleep feeding in the nursery

Thanks
    Reviews
    He's up for comfort and just dummy sucks on the breast overnight. A couple of times are bigger feeds

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPopsicle View Post
    My 3yr old DD totally loves my makeup drawer especially when im stuck sleep feeding in the nursery
    Oh been there!
    Could you grab a basket and fill it with (new to her but check out a toy library, garage sales etc) engaging toys and books, ones that will really grab her attention.....and that basket only comes out when you are feeding bub? As soon as bub is content, said basket goes right out of reach.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bub could take 30mins to resettle plus it's the added stress of what if its mealtimes (choking), she gets to the cabinets in loungeroom or scales pool fence etc
    Makeups replaceable lol
    I try download a few of her fave shows on foxtel for said moments