+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    So what I take from this link is that the new test will be better as it is more accurate and most cervical cancers are caused by the HPV virus.

In regards to women that have cervical cancer not caused by HPV this is their response:

'There is no effective population screening test for rare neuroendocrine cervical cancers.

Neither the current Pap test nor the new cervical screening test (primary HPV test) effectively detects rare neuroendocrine cervical cancers.'

So the new way of cervical screening is thought to be more effective because a pap-smear doesn't do any better of a job detecting non-HPV cervical cancer.

Am I reading the link wrong?
    Not reading it wrong at all 😀

2. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Train View Post
    There are lots of families with a stay at home parent due to there being a child with additional needs. The carer payment is not easy to obtain but the children need extra support. Lots of ASD, ADHD children ect can not manage a full day at school so therefore 1 parent can not work due to having to look after these children.

there are also disabled people who are not disabled enough to be on disability pension so get stuck on new start. they are able to look after a child but an injury prevents them working full time.

or how about the parent who is taking 12 months off payed employment to retrain or upskill and needs that little bit extra to cover day to day living expenses and figures because she is having this period out of paid employment that this is the best time to conceive because she is already having a break from payed employment.

There are many reasons why some women get pregnant while on welfare.

I do think that everyone should have to go to a seminar on family planning as many people do fall pregnant due to lack of knowledge still and that contraception should be free for everyone.
    I mean people who are unemployed for reasons within their control, obviously. Hence my full post rather than just the first sentence.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't see the recent ACA segment (knew it would make me ragey), but this is apparently the real story behind one of the women featured in an ACA story about welfare dependence (not sure if it was the recent beat up or a previous one).

http://csmc.org.au/2015/09/what-a-cu...idnt-tell-you/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seems mine will be an unpopular view but personally I think this should be OFFERED to women claiming welfare. Not forced on them though. I think it's ridiculous that you have to pay for contraception in this country. In the uk I always got my pill for free. If I was on welfare and was blessed with a body that allowed me to get pregnant easily then I would definitely take up the offer of a free contraceptive implant.
    I DO NOT agree with it being a forced thing though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

amyd  (07-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    Seems mine will be an unpopular view but personally I think this should be OFFERED to women claiming welfare. Not forced on them though. I think it's ridiculous that you have to pay for contraception in this country. In the uk I always got my pill for free. If I was on welfare and was blessed with a body that allowed me to get pregnant easily then I would definitely take up the offer of a free contraceptive implant.
    I DO NOT agree with it being a forced thing though.
    I'm all for that idea! Offering free contraception to those who hold a health care card is a great idea. Even though it's only $4(?) or so for prescriptions for HCC holders atm I know sometimes they may not have $4 to spare (coming from growing up with a single mum on welfare, and sometimes she literally didn't even have 5c to spare).
    Last edited by Frankenmum; 06-01-2016 at 20:40.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (06-01-2016),harvs  (06-01-2016),Nemmi1987  (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    I'm all for that idea! Offering free contraception to those who hold a health care card is a great idea. Even though it's only $4(?) or so for prescriptions for HCC holders atm I know sometimes they may not have $4 to spare (coming from growing up with a single mum on welfare, and sometimes she literally didn't even have 5c to spare).
    And it should be all types of contraceptive, not just certain ones. I've tried lots of types of the pill and the one that has the least side effects isn't covered by Medicare and about $100. Which I don't mind paying because I can afford too but I can't imagine someone on welfare necessarily being able to pay that much.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (06-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default No job, no baby

Haven't read any replies.

As an alternative how about they make it illegal for every male who is unmarried and/or without a job to have sex. Or make it mandatory for them to take the male contraceptive pill. Or to have a compulsary vascectomy if they are over 40 and/or already have at least one child.
    Last edited by VicPark; 07-01-2016 at 05:04.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (06-01-2016)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Haven't read any replies.

As an alternative how about they make it illegal for every male who is unmarried and/or without a job to have sex. Or make it mandatory for them to take the make contraceptive pill. Or to have a compulsary vascectomy if they are over 40 and/or already have at least one child.
    Sounds reasonable 😄

Thanks
    Reviews
    So no changes?
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post
    Its not just $4 though, my gp bulk bills kids but not adults, I need 70 for an appointment + the script was 6.60 last time I filled one

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nemmi1987 For This Useful Post:

Frankenmum  (06-01-2016),LoveLivesHere  (06-01-2016)